Corpse_91

Feb 20, 2018
Hey Tamperung, would It be possible to fix the User Interface when using High resolutions on a Ultra Wide Screen Monitor? Check it out:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As you can tell the UI is too big to fit correctly and the bottom part is clipping off screen.
The only way I found out to change it, is to actually change my desktop resolution in Windows to the correct aspect ratio for the game, but then obviously I'm not using half my screen for the game. So basically changing these character settings requires me to constantly change my resolutions, which can be tedious.

This would probably be quite a challenge if you don't own a Ultra Wide Screen, but I thought I'd give it a shot and ask if there is a solution.

Also, using 2560x1080 / Fullscreen

Anyway, love your modded stuff! Keep it up!
Cheers!

fapman97

Apr 29, 2020
V4: htt ps://mega.nz/file/ETgCBCYb#2qRSgVQrsMkxcxD6wFh-05x4zHLd_7xv-oPHmTm69vo (remove spaces)

== V4 ==
New Chemical: Doloripham
--- Turns pain into stimulation, allowing subjects experiencing pain to orgasm
New Chemical: Nul-Doloripham
--- Turns overstimulation into pain, good for producing scalium
--- Mixing this with Doloripham leads to... interesting results
Fixed freeplay mode (requested by Timtee Dah Floof on f95zone)
Added resolution/fullscreen graphics option (requested by Shiru on Discord)
Added ball twitching during orgasm (requested by many people)
Moved debug commands to configurable keybinds:
--- B: stimulate all characters
--- Keypad Minus: shrink player
--- Keypad Plus: grow player
--- F7: Open client select
--- F8: Teleport to Lab
--- F9: Reload All Characters
--- F10: Open Character Custmizer
Added reload all characters binding (F9) (requested by Meow! on Discord)
--- Press this to fix white texture issue (may take multiple tries)
--- This is a temporarily workaround while I figure out how to fix this permanently

Obviously, this includes all the new toys and interactions from earlier versions.
Full Changelog in the README.

I've made a Dis cord, a central place where I'll post updates, feature requests, and release testing builds:
htt p://discord.link/rack2scientists (remove spaces, censored for some reason)

Please install the mod and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, upload C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Fek\Rack 2_ Furry Science\Player.txt and I'll take a look.
I appreciate your hard work to fix his game and kinda i think if fek wasnt so stubborn u could work for him :) and here is the player log bcs it still doesnt work

Last edited:

UncleTom123

May 4, 2019
I appreciate your hard work to fix his game and kinda i think if fek wasnt so stubborn u could work for him :) and here is the player log bcs it still doesnt work
I think your windows user name might cause the issue. Seems like it contains an 'é' but is incorrectly encoded in the game. If it didn't happen in older versions I guess fek managed to have yet another issue with locale. I might be completely wrong though.

Tamperung

Nov 29, 2020
I think your windows user name might cause the issue. Seems like it contains an 'é' but is incorrectly encoded in the game. If it didn't happen in older versions I guess fek managed to have yet another issue with locale. I might be completely wrong though.
This is correct. It's related to a bug in a paid library that Rack uses. It requires a code fix plus an update to the library. I can do the code fix, but updating the paid library is pain (I'd have to buy it) and very easy for Fek, so...
I know this is goofy, but the best solution is to make another windows user with a simple username (a-z no accents) and install rack there :/

Reactions: bfriendsen

fapman97

Apr 29, 2020
This is correct. It's related to a bug in a paid library that Rack uses. It requires a code fix plus an update to the library. I can do the code fix, but updating the paid library is pain (I'd have to buy it) and very easy for Fek, so...
I know this is goofy, but the best solution is to make another windows user with a simple username (a-z no accents) and install rack there :/
i renamed my account it is installed in that profile folder but it still happens i dont wanna put weight on you but could u pls do the coding ? and one hint it still says that trilib failed to load the embellishment files (dont want to name them :/) + i want to try those E stim things and such ;)

UncleTom123

May 4, 2019
i renamed my account it is installed in that profile folder but it still happens i dont wanna put weight on you but could u pls do the coding ? and one hint it still says that trilib failed to load the embellishment files (dont want to name them :/) + i want to try those E stim things and such ;)
Yeah, changing account name in Windows won't change the path of existing folders and the only AppData folder you can move cleanly is the Roaming one, which this game does not make use of.

You could try making this folder C:\Users\Démon\Appdata\LocalLow\Fek\Rack 2_Furry Science\ yourself and then copy the real folder to this one. Or make a separate windows account only for this game.
The former solution might work, the latter should work.

You might have to call the folder D%E9mon instead of Démon.

Neither solution is optimal of course.

fapman97

Apr 29, 2020
Yeah, changing account name in Windows won't change the path of existing folders and the only AppData folder you can move cleanly is the Roaming one, which this game does not make use of.

You could try making this folder C:\Users\Démon\Appdata\LocalLow\Fek\Rack 2_Furry Science\ yourself and then copy the real folder to this one. Or make a separate windows account only for this game.
The former solution might work, the latter should work.

You might have to call the folder D%E9mon instead of Démon.

Neither solution is optimal of course.
no no u picket wrong name i renamed my acc Daemon and Rack 2 is in that folder but still it doesnt work and where did u found what it uses ?
maybe i should delete old profile folders i guess

makemoneynotwar

Mar 19, 2020
I said it before and I will say it again: This is not how patronage works. A patron supports an artist he likes. The actual output does not matter. In the case of fek, the patron gets "[your name] will be put in the credits in my games and on the footer of my live streams!". And that's it. I think it is odd to call someone who is generous "an idiot" for not expecting something in return for a gift.

fek being so popular he receives money from his audience without actually doing anything productive surely is interesting. I honestly envy him for pulling that off. I guess you envy him, too – else you would not rant about it in this forum.

The notion that you could force an artist to be creative by withdrawing funds is completely backwards. Creativity usually does not work that way. I only heard that idea from people who always hated work and never had a job they actually liked.

For this reason I praise Tamperung – for he gives to us for free. That does not make him an idiot. That makes him awesome.
I absolutely disagree with this for many reasons...
1st coding (and definitely in this case) is a matter of sitting down and working hard finding solutions to your problem + if you can't find it acquiring help from other ppl that can help you AND MOST IMPORTANTLY COMMUNICATION. Most of the gameplay ideas in this game are already defined and the most creative part of it is already done now (even fek confirms it on his website prototyping and framework is there now it's just making your creative vision a reality through code).

2nd "being generous" in this example doesn't work because the content is closed behind monthly paywall which means there are 2 possible groups of ppl: ones that support laziness (because that's what this is) and as you said don't care about amount of content and the ones that are stuck in the limbo waiting for content (stream of new patrons that just found out about this game).

3rd i would agree with the notion that withdrawing funds from an artist is a bad thing definitely when the results are good but look at the state of this game right now the quality is worse and worse (more and more bugs and less content) and last release was in August... Also, more money corrupts workflow and creativity look at EA, Ubisoft, damn even pewdiepie turned to overblown react channel that has more editors and ppl behind him so that he has to do less and less work (not bashing on him btw still pretty funny).

Sorry for the long post but damn i really don't like when ppl are protecting laziness and even worse pay for it...

Corpse_91

Feb 20, 2018
It's not abandoned, but he definitely got lazy and started focusing in other projects, making the process VERY slow.
Last I know that he's working on Rack 1 and the other games that are Flash based, since Flash died and such.
But It's been a while since then I guess...

prndev

Jan 1, 2019
I absolutely disagree with this for many reasons...
It looks like my point was not clear.

I am not "protecting laziness" or Fek himself. His project management is awful, Rack 2 suffers from feature creep so big he completely lost focus. From what I can tell, he genuinely thinks he can complete this game, but he is being delusional.

Instead, I am defending the supporters.
For I am one of them. I donated 10 USD to Fek for Rack 1 and another 15 USD for Rack 2.
I also donated to Fenoxo, contributed to FreeCities as well as many other projects. Lately I have been contributing to Perverted Education a lot. I did not really keep track, but over the past years and converted to USD, the total amount is probably way more than 5 k.
This is me being nice. Not to you personally, and not to dudefighter, but to to you, the "people in the internet". So we all can have content to enjoy. And I do not want to be called an "idiot" for that.

3.00 star(s) 26 Votes