MrLeafyGuy

Dec 12, 2021
at this point id suggest anyone who has paid him any ammount on patreon to contact patreon en mass about false advertisement. this is literally a cut and dry case of false advertisement, he advertised that the game would have features soon and never delivered and still hasnt to this date. ive done chargebacks before on cunts like this so id recommend the rest of you all do the same as well. in the mean time, anyone who has the ability to alter his game with additional content and fixes, do just that without permission, its not like he cares about it anyways right? i mean, for a guy who has a "passion project" and "mouths to feed" youd think he'd take pride in his work and actually have something to show for it, there's gotta be better 3D style furry games like this out there besides that breeders of whatever game on steam. we just gotta look for em
I agree by alot, I don't understand why people still give money to him. He doesn't do anything. But a reason why he might not make updates anymore, could be because of people in here pirating his game

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
I doubt that, plenty of other projects that get continued updates get passed around like a cheap whore and don't tend to stop for that. When they do fall it's usually for many other reasons like lack of interest, rl complications, change in employment, etc. That could be part of the reason, but I'd be shocked if that were even the main reason.

MrLeafyGuy

Dec 12, 2021
So, you think he can ditch his customers who pay him to work on the game because some completely unrelated people got it for free?
I'm just saying that it MIGHT be a reason. There's probably a lot of reasons why he's not updating it, but maybe he just gave up when he saw his game here for free. Even if he makes an update that prevents people from playing the game without a code or something, people will crack it, like all the other patreon games here.

Reactions: Waterbird

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
I'm just saying that it MIGHT be a reason. There's probably a lot of reasons why he's not updating it, but maybe he just gave up when he saw his game here for free. Even if he makes an update that prevents people from playing the game without a code or something, people will crack it, like all the other patreon games here.
The game has got a lot of messy code and needs a massive rewrite. I suspect that he coded himself into a corner that he cannot get out of and doesn't know how to add multiplayer without breaking everything else.

someguy42

Jun 24, 2019
None of this is relevant when he has paying customers on Patreon who didn't get the work they paid for done. Of course it may be the reason but then he shouldn't have started a for-profit software project in the first place. I doubt it's his first day on the Internet and he was oblivious to the ubiquitous pirating.

Even if he makes an update that prevents people from playing the game without a code or something, people will crack it, like all the other patreon games here.
Wasting development time and money on implementing a DRM would be another reason to request a refund. It doesn't benefit the game in any way and done incorrectly may even harm the paying customers.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
None of this is relevant when he has paying customers on Patreon who didn't get the work they paid for done.
They are paying for the right to access the content behind the paywall for all tiers to the one they subscribed to. It's what are saying, and what they are getting. At no time they are customers, and in fact the said Terms of Use even explicitly state that they are paying Patreon, not directly the creator himself:
To summarize: A patron is someone who purchases memberships from Patreon to support their favorite creators’ creations. Through a paid membership on Patreon, patrons directly interact with creators they support, using tools supplied by Patreon, and through our platform have the opportunity to engage with a greater community of patrons and creators.

someguy42

Jun 24, 2019
They are paying for the right to access the content behind the paywall for all tiers to the one they subscribed to. It's what are saying, and what they are getting. At no time they are customers, and in fact the said Terms of Use even explicitly state that they are paying Patreon, not directly the creator himself:
Yes, I was wrong in calling them customers. Terms of Use also explicitly state:
As a patron, you’re joining Patreon to be part of an exciting movement to support a creator’s membership while you get special benefits, which may include access to your creator, merchandise (when offered), exclusivity, and engaging experiences with the creator and patron community. In exchange, you pay Patreon for membership programs, on a subscription basis, to access and support creators you like.
Considering the deal is between Patreon and a patron they promise the following:
1. Access to the creator.
2. Merchandise.
3. Exclusivity (There's no way they can enforce this one).
4. Engagement with the creator.

In his latest posts he claims to be burnt out by the project and he started Spellbound to take a break from Rack 2. So, you're technically correct and fek did nothing wrong since the only thing creators are personally responsible for is engaging with the patrons. The "All about being a creator" paragraph confirms this.

But then why does Patreon do refunds when a creator doesn't deliver what they advertise?

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
But then why does Patreon do refunds if a creator doesn't deliver what they advertise?
Still : "Our policy is No Refunds, though we will allow for some exceptions where refunds are granted in our sole discretion."

They have the legal obligation to have those exceptions, in order to cover the cases where the payment processing goes wrong, and in case of fraudulent payment. But as it say, they are exceptions, not the rule.

someguy42

Jun 24, 2019
Still : "Our policy is No Refunds, though we will allow for some exceptions where refunds are granted in our sole discretion."

They have the legal obligation to have those exceptions, in order to cover the cases where the payment processing goes wrong, and in case of fraudulent payment. But as it say, they are exceptions, not the rule.
Somebody ITT mentioned that they managed to get a refund when a creator didn't deliver what they advertise.

EDIT: Right here: https://f95zone.to/threads/rack-2-v8-fek.734/post-9281764
Technically if he was making posts OR answering comments he didn't violate the ToS.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
A single person getting a refund one time does not represent patreon's overall stance. It says so right in the ToS.

People get really confused about this, you are not explicitly entitled to a specific product by paying for a patreon.

EDIT: LOL that said I don't want it to sound like I'm defending Fek here. I think this game is dead in the water and Fek really has been abusing the situation somewhat. However the accusations against various patreons, not just Fek, are incredibly common and always seem to be based in bad-faith entitlement attitudes.

So in this case it's justified to say 'I don't think anybody should be a patreon anymore', but it's not because this is somehow against the ToS.

Last edited:

someguy42

Jun 24, 2019
A single person getting a refund one time does not represent patreon's overall stance.
We don't know Patreon's overall stance because there's an unmentioned list of "exceptions". It may have "false advertising" or "not replying to a patron's comment" in it.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
We don't know Patreon's overall stance because there's an unmentioned list of "exceptions". It may have "false advertising" or "not replying to a patron's comment" in it.
Thats not really how ToS works, if there is a discrete list they'd post it publically, you're not supposed to hide the rule sfrom people. The reason 'some exceptions at our discretion' exists is so they can give refunds to Karen's who complain loudly enough, there isn't some hidden list of things that are worth refunds.

ShoyoAtsushi

Apr 7, 2019
Please tell me how to solve the problem with the fact that when creating a profile in the main menu game puts after the character name, "Albert" puts (2). It turns out "Albert(2)", although the previous profile with the name "Alber" was deleted. Tell me how to fix ?

zartan0

May 5, 2021
I have a problem, game starts but its just black window with blue cube in left side of screne, how to fix it?

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
I have a problem, game starts but its just black window with blue cube in left side of screne, how to fix it?
How powerful is your computer and how long are you waiting? I got that screen for 10ish seconds before it went to a proper loading screen. Also which version of rack 2 do you think you have?

ShoyoAtsushi

Apr 7, 2019
How to use the "Watersport" setting in Fetishes? What do you have to do to urinating on a test subject or on you?

And how the chemical works? If you create an object with it, you need to put it on the customer and all? And how to make the chemical injective?

dadakeen

Oct 21, 2019
1668741667262.png please help me, I'm still trying to run it on w10, it didn't work to reinstall it, and I can't install some mod because it has to get to the main screen, which I can't do because of this screen

1sickpuppy

Dec 9, 2021
May be a corrupted file. I know some unity games keep save files on other parts of you drive so you have to do a god damn hide and seek for a full clean re-install (had the same problem with Battletech) can't remember where to look, sorry.

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
May be a corrupted file. I know some unity games keep save files on other parts of you drive so you have to do a god damn hide and seek for a full clean re-install (had the same problem with Battletech) can't remember where to look, sorry.
In helping a different user I saw that C\users\<your user>\AppData\LocalLow\Fek\Rack 2 Furry Science\ and subfolders contain game related files including saved settings. Deleting the contents and then trying again should regenerate them if my logic holds up but the regeneration will likely also make the start up take longer than a normal one.

Reactions: 1sickpuppy
3.00 star(s) 26 Votes