fek_

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2018
I have kept an eye on this game for a long time, I really liked Rack 1. Can someone tell me how complete is this game? is it playable? Have somethings to do? Or is it still more concept than things to do?
I wouldn't spend any money in the game's current state. At this point, it's still basically just a glorified tech demo, with not much real gameplay. There's still a LOT of work to be done before it can actually be considered a playable game, or even an alpha build.

Reactions: roflguy

Aykonn

Mar 19, 2018
I wouldn't spend any money in the game's current state. At this point, it's still basically just a glorified tech demo, with not much real gameplay. There's still a LOT of work to be done before it can actually be considered a playable game, or even an alpha build.
Even Fek admits it (?)

fek_

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2018
Even Fek admits it (?)
"Admit" is probably the wrong word. It's more like "Fek preaches it". I plaster it everywhere. Twitter. Patreon. The website. FurAffinity. But no matter where I say it, it just seems to go unnoticed or ignored, which leads to a lot of confusion and unwarranted frustration. So here it is, once again:

Rack 2 is still very early in development. It is not a finished game, and once it is, it will be free, like all my other completed games.

You should only spend money on this project if you want to help fund its development. If you're just here to play the game, wait for it to be finished/free.

Reactions: roflguy

Chlorium

Sep 19, 2018
I'm having the same issue as Friendly123, trying it on Windows10 x64, and only hexagonal background.

t727

Jan 4, 2018
This game is popular, but myself and a few others in this thread doesn't even know how to play the game!
I've searched this thread to find instructions how to play the "orgasm/climax" mini game but turned up with just questions and no answers.

Futuredark

Mar 7, 2017
Would you be so kind to explain how to do this?
First off, make sure to go through all the tutorial bits you can find, so you have an idea of how basic movement/controls/gameplay works.

Now, if you go up to the counter just across the bridge after you ride the elevator up, you can talk to an NPC there and request a test subject. (There are actually three different types, I believe only one of which is called a Test Subject in the game, I think the others are called Customer and Volunteer, but I'm not entirely sure I'm remembering exactly. The point is one pays you, one is free, one you pay.) I tend to try to find subjects whose kinks I enjoy playing with because... well they're the most fun to play with, and hopefully find one that'll pay me. Once you decide on one, they'll be put in Test Chamber #1. Ride the elevator down, hop out, turn right, and the first door (which I believe is the blue room) will have your subject. You can introduce yourself and make comments with a dialogue wheel, choose how you physically interact with the subject along the bottom, and then hold the mouse buttons and move them around over erogenous zone to build pleasure (I think only around the crotch to begin with... more may be available with other rack devices, and more should definitely be available later in development.) You'll have to figure out for yourself what motions and speed work well, and if you're still lost at this point, I really don't know what else to tell you to help.

Reactions: t727

t727

Jan 4, 2018
I really don't know what else to tell you to help.
It's a start thank you!
But what I have problems with is to make the clients/test subjects climax.
Should I move my mouse in circles, up and down, slow or fast?
I've tried different ways until my wrist finally gave up.

fek_

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2018
It's a start thank you!
But what I have problems with is to make the clients/test subjects climax.
Should I move my mouse in circles, up and down, slow or fast?
I've tried different ways until my wrist finally gave up.
For most interactions, up and down is what gets the job done best. (In current builds, anyway. In future builds, I'm moving towards a much more forgiving system that accepts basically any movement as stimulation.)

I know the current UI is really obnoxious and hard to follow, but if you keep an eye on the right monitor, you'll see a ball that changes between a spiky star, a hexagon, and a smooth circle. This is an indicator that shows whether you're going too fast (spiky), too slow (smooth), or just right (hexagon).

That indicator is also surrounded by a little outline that changes from green to yellow to red as you stroke/fuck/stimulate/whatever the test subject. A red outline means the subject is worn out / desensitized, and you should take a short break or switch to a different interaction.

I want to stress that none of these systems are finished or balanced. Right now, it's much harder to achieve an orgasm than it will be in the final game.

Reactions: t727

t727

Jan 4, 2018
For most interactions, up and down is what gets the job done best. (In current builds, anyway. In future builds, I'm moving towards a much more forgiving system that accepts basically any movement as stimulation.)
This is what I wanted to know, thanks! :)

I know the current UI is really obnoxious and hard to follow, but if you keep an eye on the right monitor, you'll see a ball that changes between a spiky star, a hexagon, and a smooth circle. This is an indicator that shows whether you're going too fast (spiky), too slow (smooth), or just right (hexagon).

That indicator is also surrounded by a little outline that changes from green to yellow to red as you stroke/fuck/stimulate/whatever the test subject. A red outline means the subject is worn out / desensitized, and you should take a short break or switch to a different interaction.
This is really helpful!

I want to stress that none of these systems are finished or balanced. Right now, it's much harder to achieve an orgasm than it will be in the final game.
It's OK, I can fap with my left hand ;D

brandon922

Jul 23, 2018
Not sure if it already covered, but on the mac when i try to start the game after inputing my name the game crashes. how to fix?

CyberChel

Sep 24, 2018
Well i have the errror when loading game got only only haxadecimals, here's the log:

Exception: Error loading asset. Assimp returns: [Unable to open file "C:/Users/*****/AppData/LocalLow/Fek/Rack 2_ Furry Science\embellishments\ANTLER_0.dae".]
at TriLib.AssetLoader.LoadFromFile (System.String filename, TriLib.AssetLoaderOptions options, UnityEngine.GameObject wrapperGameObject) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RackCharacter.initSystem () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Game.initCharacterSystem () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Game.initGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Game.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
Well i have the errror when loading game got only only haxadecimals, here's the log:

Exception: Error loading asset. Assimp returns: [Unable to open file "C:/Users/*****/AppData/LocalLow/Fek/Rack 2_ Furry Science\embellishments\ANTLER_0.dae".]
at TriLib.AssetLoader.LoadFromFile (System.String filename, TriLib.AssetLoaderOptions options, UnityEngine.GameObject wrapperGameObject) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
for the bug : stuck in the rain screen : you need to go in appdata->locallow->fek->embellishments and delete what's inside, the game work but you won't have some things like hair, horn ect... it's a shame but at last it work
make sure you have make a Backup of the fek folder before, because the game WONT re-add the content inside "embellishments"

i'm no modder that the only way i found

if you ask why : the game can't load the embellishments proof here :

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

(and this message continue like 10-50 times)

hope it help

darkgryffon

Feb 27, 2018
uh fairly new to the latest build and i feel silly, is the player's orgasm (male) automatic when in manual mode? and also is it just me or does the male characters orgasm not rise during automatic or semi auto when using well, your dick? dunno if that makes any sense the way i worded it

shadowdrake123

Aug 28, 2017
"Admit" is probably the wrong word. It's more like "Fek preaches it". I plaster it everywhere. Twitter. Patreon. The website. FurAffinity. But no matter where I say it, it just seems to go unnoticed or ignored, which leads to a lot of confusion and unwarranted frustration. So here it is, once again:

Rack 2 is still very early in development. It is not a finished game, and once it is, it will be free, like all my other completed games.

You should only spend money on this project if you want to help fund its development. If you're just here to play the game, wait for it to be finished/free.
I cant tell if your the real fek or if your just some random person just impersonating as him...im so confused.

Aykonn

Mar 19, 2018
I cant tell if your the real fek or if your just some random person just impersonating as him...im so confused.
Real Fek, fake Fek, anyway nothing is going to change the fact that the creator of Rack 2 doesn't invest as much time developing his own game as he should. I mean, the guy is overfunded LOL. Fek's Patreon monthly income is equal or greater to the annual income of some physicians in my country.
I once considered to fund him myself, glad I could read some reviews and a majority of negative opinions which persuaded me not to. It's a shame because I believe Fek is an amazing programmer, but he's proven to be lazy, imagine if now the early builds are so cool, what they could be if he actually invested the 10% of the time he spends playing DnD.

fek_

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2018
Confirmation on twitter:

if he actually invested the 10% of the time he spends playing DnD.
I play D&D twice a week (if I'm lucky), for a grand total of 10 hours.

uh fairly new to the latest build and i feel silly, is the player's orgasm (male) automatic when in manual mode? and also is it just me or does the male characters orgasm not rise during automatic or semi auto when using well, your dick? dunno if that makes any sense the way i worded it
In the current builds, player stimulation is triggered by mouse movement, so the automatic modes are ineffective / less effective. This'll be fixed eventually.

Spartan502

Jan 27, 2018
the fact that the creator of Rack 2 doesn't invest as much time developing his own game as he should.
I would love to see the proof of this "fact". I have been following his Trello for a long time now and as I can see updates are made every day with a lot of fixes and rework of the actual game's system.
Here is the link to his trello in case you don't believe me :

Aykonn

Mar 19, 2018
Real Fek, fake Fek, anyway nothing is going to change the fact that the creator of Rack 2 doesn't invest as much time developing his own game as he should. I mean, the guy is overfunded LOL. Fek's Patreon monthly income is equal or greater to the annual income of some physicians in my country.
I would love to see the proof of this "fact". I have been following his Trello for a long time now and as I can see updates are made every day with a lot of fixes and rework of the actual game's system.
Here is the link to his trello in case you don't believe me :
Yeah, he can post anything he wants on Trello, and that won't make it true. Look, even if Fek were actually working really really really hard, and those latest updates were true.... this game is FAR from being finished and released, so..... consider that the project began in 2016, we are already finishing 2018. Has Rack 2 reached at least Beta status? In addition, every single build he's released has been full of glitches he didn't even care to fix. So if your counterargument is just a mere Trello link, check the facts beforehand so we can have a proper discussion. Even though there's nothing to argue about , Fek is just being lazy , that's a shared opinion by many of us.
Now.... am I going to be an irrational, obnoxious person and insult him? Or just disacknowledge his work till now? Of course not, as I stated before, I believe this game has great potential and even these early builds are better than many other already finished furry xxx games. The problem? Fek isn't doing this as a hobby, but he's being paid to develop Rack 2, and by a big group of funders. So yes, concluding, I think Rack 2, should be more advanced that it is.

Reactions: nanajosh
3.00 star(s) 26 Votes