mmpss

Jul 12, 2018
I have a Mac, and the Mac version loads fine, it lets me create a file and everything, but when I actually open a file, the game crashes on "creating geometry." I've tried changing the display settings and it doesn't seem to help...is this a known issue, or just a problem on my end? (I have an old computer, maybe I don't have the specs to run it?)

Reactions: LukaYai

Arctic_Feline

Jun 19, 2018
delete the whole game directory then redownload it and try again, it's trying to get its files.
Your firewall might be interfeering, the hexagons is the usual "futuristic" backround of the game's menus.
How to you clear and redownload the game directory? I've tried downloading both WIN64 and WIN32, but those both don't work...

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

Veyron Kroft

Jul 26, 2018
I'm on Mac and I can't seem to open the game. I mean it opens just fine but I can't create any save files. When i do, however, it just crashes the game. I've tried this 10 times and it crashed all 10 times. HELP!

Reactions: mmpss

Saidogz

Jun 23, 2017
I have a Mac, and the Mac version loads fine, it lets me create a file and everything, but when I actually open a file, the game crashes on "creating geometry." I've tried changing the display settings and it doesn't seem to help...is this a known issue, or just a problem on my end? (I have an old computer, maybe I don't have the specs to run it?)
I have the same problem, does anyone know a fix?

Reactions: LukaYai and mmpss

menny

May 28, 2017
I just downloaded v0.2.5 and well the balls on any of my charters are continuously spinning around and no matter how big or small I make them the still spin around, nothing else wrong tho; any fix?

artdeco_jerry

Aug 7, 2018
Does anyone know which version works fine on Mac ? I've tried v0.2.5 and v0.2.3, both of them crash when I create files...

DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
Item 1: Holy shit that drone has the most obnoxious noise. Why?!? I mean it's a game, you could make it literally anything, so why go with the endless-fingernails-on-a-blackboard option? *shudder*... I hate having to turn the world volume down but there's really no choice at the moment, that thing actually gives me a headache within just a few minutes.

Item 2: I'm stuck. I don't know why but my character can only orgasm by jerking off. No other interaction ever moves my own arousal bar; at all... This means I can't do the Dildo quest because it seems to be impossible to harvest any Avium (the purple one that subjects give off when they're pleasuring you)... Anyone know how to fix this?

Spartan502

Jan 27, 2018
1 : Uh... shrug ? I mean I don't really have that issue to complain about but yeah if you find it annoying it's worth noticing.

2 : Welp I guess you need to ajust the sentitivity option correctly and it's a lot of fine tuning. I hope it gets better after

RaineRiverwind

Oct 10, 2017
Fek has some updates about V0.2.6
v0.2.6 is a rather large update that is primarily focused on performance optimization. Normally, this is something I save for the end of a game's development cycle, but because of the nature of early access, and because more people than expected are already trying to play these development builds, it seemed like a necessary evil to take some time and do a little optimization before proceeding.
So, the next update will most likely not have anything but faster loading times on most, if not all, things

Nov 18, 2017
So, the next update will most likely not have anything but faster loading times on most, if not all, things
I'm quite good for this for the time being. A lot of the complaints here seem to have been about performance issues anyways.

And he's actually putting time into the game, which is a major improvement. Maybe not as much as would justify his patreon income, but as he dosen't actually have to justify that to anyone but the people paying him (and most of them seem content), I'll take what I can get! :)

SimbaThePup

Jul 11, 2018
I've seen other games in Unity that were totally unplayable because of performance issues. Rack 2 worked fine for me in 2 or 3 versions, one was unplayable because of crashes. Not bad for that stage of development. Models look very well. Movements look good. A lot of work have been done I guess. There haven't been update for quite a long time and it seems there won't be much new content either but that doesn't have to mean a lack of work being done I think. I don't have experience with game development so I can't judge well but I tend to think this kind of thing requires an awful lof of work to be done. He get a lot of money on Patreon but that's just being popular. He could even afford to hire someone to help him to get things done but I don't think he's ever promised anything like that.

fek_

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2018
Also better framerate/performance, notably. Full text from the status update on patreon/FA:

Hey folks! It's been a while since the last status update, and although several of you have been tagging along on stream, I figured I'd post an update here, for those of you who can't watch the streams regularly!

v0.2.6 is a rather large update that is primarily focused on performance optimization. Normally, this is something I save for the end of a game's development cycle, but because of the nature of early access, and because more people than expected are already trying to play these development builds, it seemed like a necessary evil to take some time and do a little optimization before proceeding.

The update is coming along nicely, and I've had even better results than I was initially expecting. I know all this optimization work is incredibly slow and boring, and we're all very eager for some new gameplay/content, so I really appreciate how patient/supportive everyone has been.

I've done a handful of benchmarks to see how far things have come since I started this massive optimization project, and I've got a couple of tasty numbers to share.

First, the character build / boot time optimization benchmark! Character build time has been reduced by about 78%, dropping from about 5.2s to 1.15s per character. The initial load time is no longer torture, and you won't have enough time to get up and grab a drink while you're waiting for test subjects to be generated, any more!

Additionally, many of the optimizations made to character build time also apply to character rebuild time, which means the character editor (especially texture and embellishment editing) runs a lot smoother, now.

Secondly - and probably more importantly - runtime performance has been dramatically improved, through a combination of rendering, physics, and general code optimization. In the benchmark above, with 3 active test subjects running at max physics/IK quality, frame time has been reduced from about 47.6ms to 12.3ms: a reduction of about 74.2%. On my machine (GTX 970 / Xeon E3-1231 v3), the framerate increased from about 21fps to about 78fps.

Many of these optimizations have also resulted in smarter memory allocation, fewer GC hiccups, and fewer memory leaks, but I haven't formally started profiling/optimizing memory usage yet, and don't have any good benchmarks ready to share just yet.

Anyway, I know most of you really don't give much of a damn about all these fancy numbers, I just wanted to make sure you're aware that I am back to working on Rack 2 again. Pawstitution was a short diversion to help refresh my creative juices, but I'd like to make more progress on Rack 2 before I continue working on it. I've been busy, and there are results to show off. With any luck, I'd like to finish optimization soon so I can get back to adding what you guys really care about: more interactions and gadgets.

As always, you can monitor my development progress on Trello, or you can swing by Picarto to eavesdrop on me while I work. Thank you all, again, for your patience and support. <3

Aykonn

Mar 19, 2018
Do anyone know where can I download the 0.26 build for free? Or would anyone who already have it be so nice to send it to me?

3.00 star(s) 26 Votes