Repuci

May 1, 2017
Jasonfrans all the devs working on it are also working on other games, and prefer to release full chapters rather than little updates, so the time between the updates are long, but you're sure to get quality, and quantity of content when it's out

Jasonfrans

May 28, 2020
Jasonfrans all the devs working on it are also working on other games, and prefer to release full chapters rather than little updates, so the time between the updates are long, but you're sure to get quality, and quantity of content when it's out
well, thanks for the information there! ;)

Reactions: Repuci

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
You're exact words.

This is not supposed to be taken as bad/disappointed?

This makes absolutely no sense because you have a finite amount of time to work. If you're working on multiple projects you're not going to put in the same amount of work as someone who is only working on one project in the same amount of time.

For example.
- DPC works on Being a DIK full time. meaning the entire 5 months between updates he is only working on Being a DIK.
- The next update for Radiant is hopefully coming out next month, but SirD and Alorth both did not work on only Radiant the entire time in the last 4-5 months.

Which project is obviously going to have more content? Being a DIK. So comparing the amount of content per update based on "x" amount of months passing instead of comparing the amount of time actually worked on, is ridiculous.
Huge difference.

If a developer is working on multiple projects and getting paid for each development then they should either only charge per update or they should have a larger development staff because they have a larger amount of income. I am seeing many developers taking longer and longer to push out smaller and smaller updates and if you look at the patreon pages they talk about meeting certain goals so they can upgrade equipment in order to speed up the development process yet in reality they get slower and slower. I think the entire patreon model is becoming a less and less reliable way of rewarding developers because a number of them are simply out to take the money and run.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
If a developer is working on multiple projects and getting paid for each development then they should either only charge per update or they should have a larger development staff because they have a larger amount of income. I am seeing many developers taking longer and longer to push out smaller and smaller updates and if you look at the patreon pages they talk about meeting certain goals so they can upgrade equipment in order to speed up the development process yet in reality they get slower and slower. I think the entire patreon model is becoming a less and less reliable way of rewarding developers because a number of them are simply out to take the money and run.
Patreon used to have a "pay per update" scheme on their games section.
They got rid of it because more money.

Dammed said once that we shouldn't feel obligated to continue patronage if we feel the updates aren't coming fast enough.
IMO, this is a more than fair PSA.

I'd love to see more devs rely more on SubscribeStar than Patreon.

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
Patreon used to have a "pay per update" scheme on their games section.
They got rid of it because more money.

Dammed said once that we shouldn't feel obligated to continue patronage if we feel the updates aren't coming fast enough.

I was not aware that Patreon no longer allows pay per update. Just another reason why Patreon sucks.

Dec 20, 2019
Yea, I asked Perverteer which platform he prefers when I wanted to subscribe to him and he chose Patreon because SubscribeStar has been dodgy with payments on occasions.
Thanks for considering to support me! My platform of choice would still be Patreon at this time. There have been payment shenanigans with SubscribeStar as of late (creators being refused by SS's payment providers), so I'm still not convinced it's a stable enough platform.

fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
I don't think it's a matter of fair or right/wrong here, it's just when you do a very popular game, you can get away with it since most people will still support the project nevertheless (because they love the game). But in terms of ethics everything is still debatable, for the persons concerned.
I'm not hostile to the devs though, they do a very good job regarding the game, I just can't help reacting to some sentences I read. I guess everything has already been said anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigDaddyDom

johnboyjunk

Jul 2, 2018
am i correct, the last update of this game is about 3 months ago? :unsure:
That was the initial release, and given the quality of the content (the graphics, the animations, the writing) I would assume this one will follow a schedule close to Being a DIK or one of the other projects that focuses on overall quality. So I would think updates every 4ish months is a safe assumption. I wager mid-late August at the earliest for the next update. If it's sooner than that, AWESOME! If it's a little later, no skin off my nose. It's a new endeavor and they're just getting their legs under them.

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
I was not aware that Patreon no longer allows pay per update. Just another reason why Patreon sucks.
Luxee still uses that pay model on patreon, so Idk where he got that information from.
But ye, most people seem to prefer subribestar. For example mrdots asks patrons to move to SS

Pmktrn17

Aug 8, 2019
Luxee still uses that pay model on patreon, so Idk where he got that information from.
But ye, most people seem to prefer subribestar. For example mrdots asks patrons to move to SS
I believe he only did that for DMD, for Melody he stayed on Patron and also has it for his newest game.

A lot of the creators dont like SubscribeStar cause they dont allow paypal and it seems a lot of ppl use that to "donate" to the creators.

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
There were also many instances I've heard the creators had problem with payment issues in subscribestar

Pmktrn17

Aug 8, 2019
wasnt 0.2 supposed to be out by the end of june? I mean I understand that the devs are working on other games too but cmon.. it's the end of july now
Must of missed where they said a date on this forum or their Patreon or discord channel, so please share the link you got this info from.

As far as i know and this is coming from the dev's themselves who post on this forum they have never posted a date.

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes