dav121

Oct 13, 2016
If you mean who I think you mean, then scheduling isn't his problem. He'd planned for a 5 year timeskip, then realised that caused some narrative problems so dropped it. Except then he had to rework the arse end of the story due to all his plotting needing a timeskip.

On top of that, he has a character focused, over plot-focused writing style which sometimes leads to characters developing in ways the author wouldn't expect, which, in this case, requires him to put in the extra work to make sure the ending he has planned for that character makes sense with the new direction that character went. The problem with the TV show is that they didn't do this, resulting in characters acting out of character so they could get to the planned end point.

Anyway, to avoid this just being an off topic tangent, who's everybody's favourite girl so far? I think I prefer Maddie, cause she has sass. I hope she doesn't lose that when her and the MC make peace.
That's more like "IF" they ever make peace

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Any good developer considers their user experience.

Any game that's heavily reliant on individual past choices and stats needs to consider that if they wait too long between updates, many players won't remember what they picked.
Most good developers (in the real game world) know their fans do not know what they want, and that the vocal minority is much smaller than that minority believes itself to be.

I can list dozens upon dozens of games ruined by the devs listening and implementing what the small vocal minority cried for. I can even name studios that went bust because of it.

Again, people too lazy or dumb to make a few notes, have an excel sheet with choices listed etc...that's their problem...again! Not the devs.

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
Most good developers (in the real game world) know their fans do not know what they want, and that the vocal minority is much smaller than that minority believes itself to be.

I can list dozens upon dozens of games ruined by the devs listening and implementing what the small vocal minority cried for. I can even name studios that went bust because of it.

Again, people too lazy or dumb to make a few notes, have an excel sheet with choices listed etc...that's their problem...again! Not the devs.
Considering the end user experience is not the same as simply "doing everything the players want." If the developer attempts to appease only the vocal minority instead of the silent majority, that's — to borrow your expression — their problem, not the community's.

Failing to religiously keep notes for an hour's worth of gameplay is not a mark of being "lazy" or "dumb." Get real.

But I would love to see your list of games "ruined" by listening to the community. I suspect it's not as clear cut as you think it is.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

Although "Listening to their fans" isn't the same as "Directly implementing the stuff that people are crying the loudest for".

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Most good developers (in the real game world) know their fans do not know what they want
This is just false, and a very bad thinking.

Thos goes back to Linux vs Windows battles, where Microsoft was listening to users and the Linux developers werent, and we know who got more success.

Listening to your users should be any Dev top priority, not only in games, because thinking you can know better than them is a very big mistake that ruin products

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
This is just false, and a very bad thinking.

Thos goes back to Linux vs Windows battles, where Microsoft was listening to users and the Linux developers werent, and we know who got more success.

Listening to your users should be any Dev top priority, not only in games, because thinking you can know better than them is a very big mistake that ruin products
Partially true, I was studying to be a dev, and you are right, one of the main things is listening to the clients and making the product they want, but we do have to put restraints and sometimes say, "no this won't work", either because of the overall story or technical difficulties, but yeah your sentiment is correct, those that don't listen to players are starting to feel it on their pockets.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
So you mean the devs don't need patrons etc? oooooooook
Nah. Probably like me...tired of hearing all the whining.

If people don't like the update speed I suggest they drop the patron, delete the game and go play something else.

I mean, I have quite a few other games I play simply because the updates on any given game is several months.

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
It's funny how most of you guys are bitching and complaining saying that it's "taking to long and most of the players have forgotten about this game" you guys need to learn some patience and majority of you guys will give me the "Facepalm" well at least I know the people that are impatient lol.

EDIT: There's 1 anymore takers lol

Last edited:

pokemonnnnn

Feb 9, 2020
People arguing about updates in the thread :WaitWhat:

Meanwhile I'm just patiently waiting since the introduction was the best fucking start to a game I've ever seen and they're tweaking it for 4k :love:

believe me there's a difference between these guys and motherfuckers like Icstor

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
It's funny how most of you guys are bitching and complaining saying that it's "taking to long and most of the players have forgotten about this game" you guys need to learn some patience and majority of you guys will give me the "Facepalm" well at least I know the people that are impatient lol.
Offering feedback isn't bitching and complaining. I personally won't have an issue with replaying the game from the start when the update drops, because it's a very good game. But if in 2, 3 years time it's consistently 6+ months between updates, it's going to become progressively more trying to either remember all your decisions or restart every time there's an update.

Personally, I think the developers would make more off Patreon if they were willing to have shorter updates released more regularly (every 2-4 months is fine). Keep in mind, this is the first update and the story/code is not as complex. Visual Novels tend to become more complex as they progress and branch, which only adds to the release time.

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
Offering feedback isn't bitching and complaining. I personally won't have an issue with replaying the game from the start when the update drops, because it's a very good game. But if in 2, 3 years time it's consistently 6+ months between updates, it's going to become progressively more trying to either remember all your decisions or restart every time there's an update.

Personally, I think the developers would make more off Patreon if they were willing to have shorter updates released more regularly (every 2-4 months is fine). Keep in mind, this is the first update and the story/code is not as complex. Visual Novels tend to become more complex as they progress and branch, which only adds to the release time.
I don't mind if players give feedback at all and trust me I know the difference between players complaining and giving feedback and what I read was players complaining and like you said yes this is a very good game and as for your other comment about "remembering all your decisions" that's why they have walkthroughs. (y)

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes