Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
sorry... I'd wish for daily updates but that is not possible
I wish I could make complete releases, but I couldn't make a living as a developer with it and wouldn't be able to do it as full time developer. After all people will only support your work when they know they like it and not while waiting for it to be released.
Unless you're making something after you've done at least two games and are well known.
But for that kickstarter would be a considerable choice.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
We work as at least as much on Radiant as on our other games. Radiant chapters are big and take more time compared to other games.
Assuming I haven't missed you or that you can even answer, would you be able to give an estimation to how big a chapter is?

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Assuming I haven't missed you or that you can even answer, would you be able to give an estimation to how big a chapter is?
It's hard to give a proper answer considering that every player takes a different time to play through a chapter.
But all chapters are supposed to have a same avarage size.
So 1 hour to 1 and half hour playtime for the normal player.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Yes. It should and it has more support than their other own projects. and I'm sure if they released updates faster I'm sure they would reach 3000+ patrons before the end of the year. Or they can stick to this timeline and stay at 1k..
Considering what I've read here and seen on their Patreons I have my own theory, but since I'm not a regular here or anything I'll just go and leave the debate for those who follow the development closely. This game looks gorgeous and hopefully there'll be a v.0.2 soon.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
So 4 months of doing nothing but stay at 80% development is something, i guess you right...
Apart from the fact that dev's percentages are one of the least reliable estimates out there - not because dev's are cheating and nobody can control it (may be true in some cases though), but because many things are unpredictable, both in software development and in creativity - the basis of your statement (continuously 80% for four months) is just false. But in these times where people like their alternative facts I guess that's par for the course.

But the main point is: I may even agree that it is prudent to wait for the first update to gauge what happens here, because we don't know. But you don't know either. You just throw vague ideas around, which may even be correct, but then, as wolfypack431609 correctly stated, it would be prudent to leave the thread and shut up. The moment you know something we don't, please tell us, but nobody is interested in your conjecture from facts we all know.

someremove

May 6, 2020
As far as I'm aware, the devs haven't discussed any specific story beats or shown off any renders from the new update.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the reply!

Have there been any update previews of this VN since its initial release 4 months ago in April?
also RustyRug why are you facepalming me bro? I'm not asking an extraordinarily odd or controversial question, most VNs tend to show preview pics before their updates, so I was curious if this VN did too.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I'm not going to speculate too much about how other people might be thinking, but I imagine they are taking the time to make sure 0.2 is extremely good, knowing how well received 0.1 was at release. They set a very high bar and want to make sure it's a really great update because they know they have a game that can project well commercially long-term. But a very poor 0.2 can stifle that momentum while a good one only accelerates that trajectory so one wants to be sure it's good. Chances are the time it takes will be worth it.

_Goldie

Nov 28, 2018
in their patron, they have posted some updates and renders
I read back through their posts, they stated back in May that they'd be uploading preview renders but I'm not sure which of their uploads are previews and which are just wallpapers unrelated to the story. But the story itself for Chapter 2 hasn't been detailed in their progress updates, only how much of it they've finished.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I read back through their posts, they stated back in May that they'd be uploading preview renders but I'm not sure which of their uploads are previews and which are just wallpapers unrelated to the story. But the story itself for Chapter 2 hasn't been detailed in their progress updates, only how much of it they've finished.
There hasn't been any preview renders for the 0.2 update, only 4K wallpapers.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes