Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
to be fair he was in a coma for 10 years. it took him 8 years to get to where he is with his own company and well off. it can happen if someone is in the right field of work and works hard enough to get there so it is all within the realm of possibility and did not just happen over night.
I think it's possible to make it as short as a three year gap between waking up and their arrival. With the ability to set their age between 13 and 18, that means whatever their age is minus 10 is the amount of time after the coma in years that it took for him to become sucessful.

Halfbreed

Jul 7, 2017
Don't think anything can sell me triplets from a one night stand who find their dad after he went into a coma, the night they were conceived, woke up and got rich. Maybe if it embraces the silliness, like in Parental Love.
To be honest, I thought the main character was a total Chad by the fuckin car he drove. HUGE muscle car for a kid, only rich assholes get that while they are in highschool. I wish they would have given him something relatable. SO, he didn't "Get rich" he was born rich. Super privileged kid takes his parents money after they conveniently die because they were so sad he murdered another kid because he was driving naked and drunk in his muscle car like a chode.

Still gonna play the fuck out of this update.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
A tribute to Squark's post from a couple of months ago

The face of everyone who complains about having to wait 4-5 months for an hour or hour and a half of content instead of 15-20 min monthly updates (even though both are arithmetically equivalent):
View attachment 790722
Weird that you know how much content there is considering there is no update.

Also might want to shift your numbers to 5-6 months.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
To be honest, I thought the main character was a total Chad by the fuckin car he drove. HUGE muscle car for a kid, only rich assholes get that while they are in highschool. I wish they would have given him something relatable. SO, he didn't "Get rich" he was born rich. Super privileged kid takes his parents money after they conveniently die because they were so sad he murdered another kid because he was driving naked and drunk in his muscle car like a chode.

Still gonna play the fuck out of this update.
then I guess I must have been a total chad... I had all the toys a nice truck and more when still in high school. granted i had been working in my parents store and working for my neighbor on his farm since i was 7 or 8 years old and saved my money to buy everything i had... daddy didnt buy me anything i earned it. never judge a book by its cover. by the time i had a drivers license i started working for my father before and after school with said truck making over 400 a week in the 80s plus mileage and expenses through the company he worked for.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
then I guess I must have been a total chad... I had all the toys a nice truck and more when still in high school. granted i had been working in my parents store and working for my neighbor on his farm since i was 7 or 8 years old and saved my money to buy everything i had... daddy didnt buy me anything i earned it. never judge a book by its cover. by the time i had a drivers license i started working for my father before and after school with said truck making over 400 a week in the 80s plus mileage and expenses through the company he worked for.
:unsure:

Last edited:

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
They're busy people working on multiple projects at once while trying to produce high quality product. High quality takes time, especially when your focus is split between games. I see it as reasonable - so long a the devs aren't dead and don't pull an Icstor so to speak, people should be more than fine with waiting.

It's not like we've got no games to play in the meantime!
To be blunt, they need to fuck those other games right off and concentrate on just this one. Spreading themselves too thin just pisses off all their supporters, and this game is the most popular by far.

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
To be blunt, they need to fuck those other games right off and concentrate on just this one. Spreading themselves too thin just pisses off all their supporters, and this game is the most popular by far.
While I don't necessarily disagree, I would rather a dev that finishes what they start, and then has a track record of doing so. I definitely wouldn't want them to abandon their projects (that originally got them the needed resources and support to make Radiance) for Radiance, only for them to abandon Radiance for the next idea that comes their way.

So while unfortunate, letting them finish their games is good because it sets a precedent that they will finish this one as well rather than leaving something abandoned or on hiatus forever.

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017

Yeah like Alorth never said that the update would last that long (an hour to an hour and a half) and I'm almost sure that in some devlog they also said more or less the same thing about the content and that all the updates would be similar in size.

That I haven't played it yet and I don't know how long the update will last? Ok, I plead guilty for trusting the devs.

That I should change the waiting numbers from 4-5 months to 5-6 months? Ok, I plead guilty again for taking the devs word when they said for the first time an unnofficial release date (late August or early September, and for a game that came out in early April, that is 5 months or a little less depending if it comes out before the exact 5 months date).

I rather eat every day than stuff myself the weekend.
Fair enough. But alas they made it clear from the beginning that their updates would include full chapters rather than divide them into parts and release them monthly. And well, I guess you'll totally pass on BaDIK, which in terms of waiting and duration of each update is what Radiant aspires to. Or other games like CoBD, Become a Rockstar or any other non monthly game. Too bad, you'll miss a lot of quality around here with that shortsighted vision.

Hakhak

Apr 3, 2020
Fair enough. But alas they made it clear from the beginning that their updates would include full chapters rather than divide them into parts and release them monthly. And well, I guess you'll totally pass on BaDIK, which in terms of waiting and duration of each update is what Radiant aspires to. Or other games like CoBD, Become a Rockstar or any other non monthly game. Too bad, you'll miss a lot of quality around here with that shortsighted vision.
Nice straw man.

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
Nice straw man.
Maybe I exaggerated lol, but I've already said that your point of view is fair, there is nothing wrong in preferring monthly updates. The problem is that in this thread many complaints (not "update when" type, but of those that are almost trolling) are from people used to monthly updates, something that they call "constant updates" as if DPC wasn't constant with its 4-5 months schedule with BaDIK or Philly with its ~3 months between each CoBD update. And this is what I meant in my initial post. Plus I also said about the updates lenght between the different methods. Monthly updates are usually 15-20 minutes (of the games I'm interested in, I recently played Rebirth and it's an example of this), and that's if the game is not divided into branches. For example Haley's Story (another game I'm interested in), whose monthly updates are also 15-20 minutes but if you're only interested in a particular path you may only have 5 minutes of gameplay every month.

But hey probably I'm going off-topic. About Radiant, they said almost from the beginning that they prefer to upload full chapters rather than having to divide them into parts, and that's why the waiting can be so long (+ their promise between one hour and one and a half hours of content, the quality of their renders, etc). So well that's it. If you don't like this schedule then shit happens (just in case, it's an example, I'm not saying you don't like it)

Last edited:

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Is it though? Are they spreading themselves too thin? Where is your evidence of this?

Neko Paradise updates are being well received that ive seen. Not tried Polarity but everyone recommends it that ive seen including HERE where all these alleged supporters are getting pissed off. As for this well its only had a single release and were waiting on update two... how can we claim theyve spread too thin as we cant base any experience of quality dropping for an update when no one has seen said first update yet to compare?

I get it, people are just bloody impatient but the devs have been transparent and want full chapter releases so thats what i shall believe as theyve kept every promise so far. Good things come to those who wait and unlike most devs who release only a couple of times a year like Waifu Academy they are active here on the board and long may this continue (there is a reason a lot dont, they get all the abuse from people who most part are stealing their shit as they sure as hell aint paying for it lol). I dont think many devs have had to endure this level of expectation and demand after a single release... i dont envy them and its kinda insulting that people keep saying drop their much more developed older games which have their own numerous fans (arguably more as whilst the supporter money isnt quite as high combined as this one they are cheaper tiers so arguably have MORE backers vs this one which is by a team of what six as i recall staff... so money is spread much thinner as a result vs independent projects)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I rather eat every day than stuff myself the weekend.
The difference is though, that eating is necessary to survive. I hope playing games isn't, and even if it were, there's others out there. Also, if promises are kept and the amount of content per wait time is comparable to more frequently updated games, you can do just that - you don't have to stuff yourself on the weekend but can make small portions for every day - the leftovers won't spoil.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Is it though? Are they spreading themselves too thin? Where is your evidence of this?

Neko Paradise updates are being well received that ive seen. Not tried Polarity but everyone recommends it that ive seen including HERE where all these alleged supporters are getting pissed off. As for this well its only had a single release and were waiting on update two... how can we claim theyve spread too thin as we cant base any experience of quality dropping for an update when no one has seen said first update yet to compare?

I get it, people are just bloody impatient but the devs have been transparent and want full chapter releases so thats what i shall believe as theyve kept every promise so far. Good things come to those who wait and unlike most devs who release only a couple of times a year like Waifu Academy they are active here on the board and long may this continue (there is a reason a lot dont, they get all the abuse from people who most part are stealing their shit as they sure as hell aint paying for it lol). I dont think many devs have had to endure this level of expectation and demand after a single release... i dont envy them and its kinda insulting that people keep saying drop their much more developed older games which have their own numerous fans (arguably more as whilst the supporter money isnt quite as high combined as this one they are cheaper tiers so arguably have MORE backers vs this one which is by a team of what six as i recall staff... so money is spread much thinner as a result vs independent projects)
Hear, hear!

I am one of the people eagerly awaiting updates in all three of their games. Granted I do favor Radiant over Polarity over Neko Paradise (solely on personal preference, mind), I still would be very sad (maybe mad even) if either one would get dropped in favor of the others. I have high hopes for Radiant seeing as it's two great developers pooling their resources. But I also am engrossed in Polarity and it's numerous LIs. And while I usually don't care much for sandboxes (as most of them tend to unnecessarily draw out the story) Neko Paradise has absolutely gorgeous renders and characters.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Since it was removed because of one small comment, I'll say it again without that comment.

From the dev log I posted a couple of weeks ago.

This new chapter is more than an hour long, and it's amazing! I can't wait for everyone to play it.
Dammed and Alorth have also said repeatedly that they strive to make each episode last an hour or more and Alorth has also recently put out a about how they will now have more time to work on Radiant moving forward and even said so here.
The only thing I'm confirming is that I have even more time to give into development of Radiant.
There's also the fact that up until about 2-3 months ago, both devs were working full time jobs and doing their game development on the side, so they were doing this work part-time for much of the development cycle which is what so many other devs also do

Hakhak

Apr 3, 2020
The difference is though, that eating is necessary to survive.
I rather fap once a week than stuff my penis once a day for two month and go 10 months in no fap mode.

I hope playing games isn't, and even if it were, there's others out there. Also, if promises are kept and the amount of content per wait time is comparable to more frequently updated games, you can do just that - you don't have to stuff yourself on the weekend but can make small portions for every day - the leftovers won't spoil.
I just wanted to answer a post saying that it was the same a small update every month than a big update every 5 months and it isn't. Also, it is easier to stop playing if there is no more content avaible than if there is. It takes more food to get you satisfied the more loaded your dish is.

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
The difference is though, that eating is necessary to survive. I hope playing games isn't, and even if it were, there's others out there. Also, if promises are kept and the amount of content per wait time is comparable to more frequently updated games, you can do just that - you don't have to stuff yourself on the weekend but can make small portions for every day - the leftovers won't spoil.
The leftovers won't spoil? But you just said games aren't food

???

jk

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes