Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
We could start asking each other questions about how we feel about the girls' designs. Are you much of a freckles guy? Personally I'm all for them.
Well, you know my stance on that already:
I do find the speed quite agreeable but I'm also very busy at the moment. You see, I have taken it upon myself to kiss every single freckle on
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Down to the last one.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I do agree on dropping the percentage based progress report. That number hasn't done them any good. The easiest would be to report milestones or listing planned tasks instead. Though they may not prefer that seeing as they like to keep their audience mostly in the dark so as not to spoil the fun of experiencing any new content. Ah well, they'll probably have some time to further think about this once people are obsessing over the actual content of the game again.
There's so many ways to keep people updated on the game's progress and at the same time creating some hype to whats coming while keeping everything secret, but these last 2 months I've realised this devs isnt very good as far communication goes. My hype went to what could be a top game around, to a very just okay game. I've search a little and from what I've seen, we didnt even get proper previews or something to discuss in the meanwhile. Again, I am mention DPC, but I think he's simply the best around as far game development goes and how he handle his audience and community, no one argues in his thread about updates because he's good at communicating, he sends discussion material our way. I mean people may ask when its coming but no one gets salty about it. If this second chapter of Radiant doesnt deliever at least a good 2 hour worth of proper content, it might hurt the game... a lot. I am pretty sure the people who started supporting the game didnt expected this much of a wait

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
There's so many ways to keep people updated on the game's progress and at the same time creating some hype to whats coming while keeping everything secret, but these last 2 months I've realised this devs isnt very good as far communication goes. My hype went to what could be a top game around, to a very just okay game. I've search a little and from what I've seen, we didnt even get proper previews or something to discuss in the meanwhile. Again, I am mention DPC, but I think he's simply the best around as far game development goes and how he handle his audience and community, no one argues in his thread about updates because he's good at communicating, he sends discussion material our way. I mean people may ask when its coming but no one gets salty about it. If this second chapter of Radiant doesnt deliever at least a good 2 hour worth of proper content, it might hurt the game... a lot. I am pretty sure the people who started supporting the game didnt expected this much of a wait
Regarding DrPinkCake: do you honestly think that they were 'the best around' when they just started out? That they never erred or needed to learn something in the time it took them to get where you see them now? Expecting two newly collaborating devs to match 'the best around' while not alienating the fans of their ongoing projects does seem rather unfair. That being said, they did deliver one hell of a first release.

I bet that they are gonna release the update when they hit 6k in Patreon.
But they already did. Twice. Once on Jul 10 and again on Aug 12.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Regarding DrPinkCake: do you honestly think that they were 'the best around' when they just started out? That they never erred or needed to learn something in the time it took them to get where you see them now? Expecting two newly collaborating devs to match 'the best around' while not alienating the fans of their ongoing projects does seem rather unfair. That being said, they did deliver one hell of a first release.
Probably not, but when DPC started there wasn't a lot examples of good devs as there is now, its really not comparable. And both of them aren't exactly rookies, but I am not particulary familiar with Dammed's previous work, whom seems to be the main dev of the game overall while Alorth does his thing with animations. Like I said, good debut but I'd say this wait and not having proper communication about the game status is making them lose a lil of momentum. And they roam these foruns, they could put our minds at ease, but they aren't and I am not really sure why.
I am going to keep checking the status of the game but... at least I was hoping some news about it would surface. I'd had enough of my share of devs not caring to share much with their fanbase about the product people support them for.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Probably not, but when DPC started there wasn't a lot examples of good devs as there is now, its really not comparable. And both of them aren't exactly rookies, but I am not particulary familiar with Dammed's previous work, whom seems to be the main dev of the game overall while Alorth does his thing with animations. Like I said, good debut but I'd say this wait and not having proper communication about the game status is making them lose a lil of momentum. And they roam these foruns, they could put our minds at ease, but they aren't and I am not really sure why.
I am going to keep checking the status of the game but... at least I was hoping some news about it would surface. I'd had enough of my share of devs not caring to share much with their fanbase about the product people support them for.
Wel me and SirD do frequent the f95 forum to check on reply's and latest games, also other stuff.
But the normal and obvious actions of a developer in my opinion would be to not answer any of the game threads and not own any at all since it will only negatively affect the developer in most cases.
We provide a open discord to the community were people can reach us most of the time, so why should we bother replying people on forums?
I do it because I'm not "weak" and I do find it entertaining sometimes while I take a break and eat some junk food.

I saw developers deleting their accounts here at some point after hitting 4/5k$ because it's just a distraction for them.
I do see that as a obvious decision, nothing to think about why not doing it. But of course I wouldn't do that myself.

Checking the replies and troll reviews is like gasoline to my fire, it keeps be burning inside you know.
It tells me to work even harder to make the game even better so I can get a one star troll review instead a two star one.
I can totally feel the hype here you know.

So getting back to everyones question, the game will probably release this month.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Wel me and SirD do frequent the f95 forum to check on reply's and latest games, also other stuff.
But the normal and obvious actions of a developer in my opinion would be to not answer any of the game threads and not own any at all since it will only negatively affect the developer in most cases.
We provide a open discord to the community were people can reach us most of the time, so why should we bother replying people on forums?
I do it because I'm not "weak" and I do find it entertaining sometimes while I take a break and eat some junk food.

I saw developers deleting their accounts here at some point after hitting 4/5k$ because it's just a distraction for them.
I do see that as a obvious decision, nothing to think about why not doing it. But of course I wouldn't do that myself.

Checking the replies and troll reviews is like gasoline to my fire, it keeps be burning inside you know.
It tells me to work even harder to make the game even better so I can get a one star troll review instead a two star one.
I can totally feel the hype here you know.

So getting back to everyones question, the game will probably release this month.
It is interesting that every time you do reply it's adversarial in tone and any criticism is labeled trolling. I think the lack of communication (not just here) and the very long update window are legitimate criticisms.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
It is interesting that every time you do reply it's adversarial in tone and any criticism is labeled trolling. I think the lack of communication (not just here) and the very long update window are legitimate criticisms.
I think he has a fair point, this thread is fucking toxic and gets nuked all the fucking time.

On the other hand, and I don't give a fuck if it comes off as sucking up, but Alorth is almost always friendly and often answering questions in his game Neko Paradise.

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes