CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Look, like everyone else I want this update, its been months since the debut and the last 2-3 months I've checked the patreon page is been sitting on 80-90%, for a very long time. The last ETA status on the update said late august, but at least we knew it was a strech. We're just about half Setember and not a beep on the status of it. Now were's what really makes me upset, because I really like the debut of Radiant... the radio silence. Every good dev should do an weekly update on the status of the update at least out of respect to patrons... whats been done, what needs to be done, what did work out as it should and what it didn't... just be direct with people.

Most of those complain come from there, its not about not releasing the update when it was aimed to, its not even on the why it happened, but mostly about the dev not being straight on what's the progress of the game. How can they expect patrons to stay, behaving like this? I always mention DPC because he's simply a good honest dev that delievers, he is honest about the progress and what he's doing, he doesn't do ETAs and thats fine because we know that when its ready, its simply ready, but he does keep people update on what he's doing... he shows work.

90%... what does this percentage even mean?! Its stuff like this I hate on some devs. 90% should be the time to do the beta testing. 90% is not the time to be working further on the update, or writing more stuff, or do whatever. I am not even looking for excuse, I just what the dev to come out and say like "we still need to do 500 renders of 1000" or "I decided to do jack shit this week" rather than saying nothing.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Why do I get the feeling that inconvenient posts are being deleted here in this thread?
Two of my posts have disappeared without a trace ...

No update for five months, the last announcement was at the end of August, now it's almost mid-September and still nothing ...
It's just that most games with pretty pictures and a halfway interesting story don't survive ...
Collect patrons, get money, put off patrons and end up onhold and abadoned ...
In my opinion, 90% or not, there is probably nothing more ...
but I like to be convinced of the opposite ...

so, that is post no. 3373
and yes, i will check that ...
Their Patreon is at like 6k, there is no way they aren't going to continue. I still believe personally they are taking a while because they know they have a potential outlier game commercially and they absolutely want to ensure 0.2 is as good or better than 0.1, because a good release here could create a good tipping point of growth versus a poor release which would stymie the incredible momentum 0.1 generated. They probably are forecasting that their own individual games are doing fine, but that this is the only one they are working on that actually could explode into a much higher income stream. So they probably feel they need to just nail 0.2 - no matter how long it takes - as the quality needed to generate further growth long-term outweighs the need for just a faster release. Also, their Patreon has literally not budged for months so it's not like there is any evidence current Patrons are abandoning the proverbial ship.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Their Patreon is at like 6k, there is no way they aren't going to continue. I still believe personally they are taking a while because they know they have a potential outlier game commercially and they absolutely want to ensure 0.2 is as good or better than 0.1, because a good release here could create a good tipping point of growth versus a poor release which would stymie the incredible momentum 0.1 generated. They probably are forecasting that their own individual games are doing fine, but that this is the only one they are working on that actually could explode into a much higher income stream. So they probably feel they need to just nail 0.2 - no matter how long it takes - as the quality needed to generate further growth long-term outweighs the need for just a faster release. Also, their Patreon has literally not budged for months so it's not like there is any evidence current Patrons are abandoning the proverbial ship.
God, cogent business analysis is HOT, Tess! :love:

Reactions: MrFriendly

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
They confirmed that list of kinks on Discord. So I'm not sure everyone excited for this knows where it's going. Thankfully he did say much was optional.

Reactions: Manuelvgh

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
What is on the list.
"The kinks you guys can expect to be thoroughly explored: Cheating (MC only), Risque, Harem, Pregnant, Virgin, Corruption... and some optional, like Feet, Anal, Water Sports, Creampie, Rough, Spanking, etc."

Also girl on girl and some not yet named. The dark path will apparently include some BDSM.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
"The kinks you guys can expect to be thoroughly explored: Cheating (MC only), Risque, Harem, Pregnant, Virgin, Corruption... and some optional, like Feet, Anal, Water Sports, Creampie, Rough, Spanking, etc."

Also girl on girl and some not yet named. The dark path will apparently include some BDSM.
Oh, so there will actually be differences between lust pure and dark, interesting, and I am ok with those kinks.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
They confirmed that list of kinks on Discord. So I'm not sure everyone excited for this knows where it's going. Thankfully he did say much was optional.
There's a corruption route in this game, so most of the hardcore fetishes will more than likely be on that and that's not a problem since it's optional.

Will likely be something like this:

Purity - Cheating, harem, pregnant, virgin, feet, anal, creampie, girl-on-girl
Lust - Cheating, risque, harem, pregnant, virgin, feet, anal, creampie, rough, spanking, girl-on-girl
Darkness - Cheating, risque, harem, pregnant, virgin, corruption, feet, anal, water sports, creampie, rough, spanking, girl-on-girl, BDSM

03abc

Oct 3, 2017
Look, like everyone else I want this update, its been months since the debut and the last 2-3 months I've checked the patreon page is been sitting on 80-90%, for a very long time. The last ETA status on the update said late august, but at least we knew it was a strech. We're just about half Setember and not a beep on the status of it.
On discord they said 5 days ago ''somewhere in the middle of the month i think''
and yesterday ''we're still geared for release this month''
90%... what does this percentage even mean?! Its stuff like this I hate on some devs. 90% should be the time to do the beta testing. 90% is not the time to be working further on the update, or writing more stuff, or do whatever. I am not even looking for excuse, I just what the dev to come out and say like "we still need to do 500 renders of 1000" or "I decided to do jack shit this week" rather than saying nothing.
It depends on the dev, but in a Dammed case it doesn't mean anything. Latest update of his game Polarity was at '90%' for a 3-4 months, and Radiant was 'almost 90%' 1,5 month ago.
Also from 24 june progress updade: ''We are a little more than 70% completed with Chapter 2... and while that may sound like there's still a lot of time left before it drops, I think we'll surprise you.'' No update 2,5 moths later it's definitely a surprise. Maybe he's just telling people what they want to hear.

Last edited:

Falkfisch

Aug 10, 2018
I didn't mean to downplay or belittle the dev either. If you know and trust Him, so much the better.
Only when I was at Interactiv and later at cdv I helped launch one or the other erotic game and know the discussions with the developers firsthand.
And so I believe I can make a judgment if something doesn't seem to be what it is.
Mostly I hold back with my opinion, but this game has been so hyped with so little content that it is hard for me to believe that I am not bait.
So I would be all the more pleased to see the development of the finished game and of course to play it.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
It depends on the dev, but in a Dammed case it doesn't mean anything. Latest update of his game Polarity was at '90%' for a 3-4 months, and Radiant was 'almost 90%' 1,5 month ago.
Also from 24 june progress updade: ''We are a little more than 70% completed with Chapter 2... and while that may sound like there's still a lot of time left before it drops, I think we'll surprise you.'' No update 2,5 moths later it's definitely a surprise. Maybe he's just telling people what they want to hear.
So basically what you're saying it that % means absolutely nothing and its not even a proper indication of the development process. Well, if thats true I just lost a lot of respect for this dev, which is a shame because Radiant had a great debut for me to think it had the potential to one of the top games around, but if the dev blantly just "lies" on his own patreon page... its not good. And I say "lies" because its actively misleading people even if thats not the intention. Telling people what they want to hear is also are also lies and exactly why I rant on some threads... again, I just ask devs to be direct with their fanbase.

And I also prefer the dev stating what exactly is done and needs to be done out of whats been planned than being like "one or two week, maybe", meaning its often more than a month.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
its getting boring with all you that are going on about updates if your not going to talk about the game then keep quite or im going to start reporting your post and if you whant to report this one then do but dont start crying when your post are removed ok
Well, to be fair, there's not much left to talk about since pretty much everyone who frequents this thread are regulars and since this was only a first release, all conversation about the content of it has been fairly well exhausted. We've also been told the next update should be coming this month, so anticipation is now high and hence the focus is on wondering when the update will drop.

I don't think 'Update' is on it.
I have a strict "no facepalm" policy for people who make obviously bad faith comments since I don't want to add to their reaction count, but you are making it very difficult to stick to it with silly comments like that. :cautious:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
So basically what you're saying it that % means absolutely nothing and its not even a proper indication of the development process. Well, if thats true I just lost a lot of respect for this dev, which is a shame because Radiant had a great debut for me to think it had the potential to one of the top games around, but if the dev blantly just "lies" on his own patreon page... its not good. And I say "lies" because its actively misleading people even if thats not the intention. Telling people what they want to hear is also are also lies and exactly why I rant on some threads... again, I just ask devs to be direct with their fanbase.
First: as a general rule, "lies" does only apply to intentionally misleading statements, that's the way the word works. I know that it is used these days even by people very high up the social ladder in a different way, but if somebody makes a statement using their best knowledge and extrapolation, it cannot be a "lie", even if obviously wrong.

That being said: these percentages are indeed always misleading and in my opinion should be abolished altogether, because they will always be wrong. Writing virtual novels includes two aspects which both can have incalculable variance. Everybody who ever wrote a computer program knows that sometimes something just doesn't work even though there is no discernible reason why. And everybody working on creative endeavours knows that anything can happen, from full on writer's block to just creating stuff which just does not fit. So while there may be some aspects which can be calculated (e. g. number of renders done vs number of renders needed) it only very loosely coincides with the time needed for it. At a technical 50% you can already be on the home stretch, or you can still be way off of finishing in a way that could be called "just started". So in general, not only here, I do not trust those numbers in the slightest.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I didn't mean to downplay or belittle the dev either. If you know and trust Him, so much the better.
Only when I was at Interactiv and later at cdv I helped launch one or the other erotic game and know the discussions with the developers firsthand.
And so I believe I can make a judgment if something doesn't seem to be what it is.
Mostly I hold back with my opinion, but this game has been so hyped with so little content that it is hard for me to believe that I am not bait.
So I would be all the more pleased to see the development of the finished game and of course to play it.
I think it's fair to critique the specificity/frequency of updates and what numbers/percentages actually mean. I personally try never to give a percentage or release date unless I am extremely (and I know this for sure) close and am confident at that point. I tend to just say every week (60 renders, 2000 words this week, overall 450 renders, 17500 words, etc) and it updates every week that way. Some weeks it looks bad because you show a lower amount of renders/words done, but you give context by saying you did editing, music, etc. And of course, people are human so some weeks are not as productive, but I personally think Patrons will tend to be forgiving if you just flat out say you kind of sucked one week versus not saying anything at all.

I am very confident this update will be good personally. If they are communicating on their Discord and staying active, I think there is little reason to worry.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
First: as a general rule, "lies" does only apply to intentionally misleading statements, that's the way the word works. I know that it is used these days even by people very high up the social ladder in a different way, but if somebody makes a statement using their best knowledge and extrapolation, it cannot be a "lie", even if obviously wrong.

That being said: these percentages are indeed always misleading and in my opinion should be abolished altogether, because they will always be wrong. Writing virtual novels includes two aspects which both can have incalculable variance. Everybody who ever wrote a computer program knows that sometimes something just doesn't work even though there is no discernible reason why. And everybody working on creative endeavours knows that anything can happen, from full on writer's block to just creating stuff which just does not fit. So while there may be some aspects which can be calculated (e. g. number of renders done vs number of renders needed) it only very loosely coincides with the time needed for it. At a technical 50% you can already be on the home stretch, or you can still be way off of finishing in a way that could be called "just started". So in general, not only here, I do not trust those numbers in the slightest.
tl;dr (which is ironically a much longer read… :LOL: )

I do agree on dropping the percentage based progress report. That number hasn't done them any good. The easiest would be to report milestones or listing planned tasks instead. Though they may not prefer that seeing as they like to keep their audience mostly in the dark so as not to spoil the fun of experiencing any new content. Ah well, they'll probably have some time to further think about this once people are obsessing over the actual content of the game again.

Reactions: TessSadist

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
its getting boring with all you that are going on about updates if your not going to talk about the game then keep quite or im going to start reporting your post and if you whant to report this one then do but dont start crying when your post are removed ok
Reported for complaining about other people's posts and not talking about the game. :LUL:

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes