Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Nice post...but don't believe anyone actually disputed this. However, everything you mention, just adds to an already exisiting issue of doing too much in the first place, which is only compounded when life rears its oft ugly head.
Though, assuming you are right and they overestimated their capability to deal with the situation, it causes many problems, but there is no easy solution to it, because at each and every project you'll find people wanting a new update, so just dropping one isn't that easy (and the idea that it should be "any project I am not as interested in" is somewhat entitled even if understandable). It might someday be necessary, if the assumptions are correct, however the to me logical "drop" would be this very game here, so you can still complete the others and not be a "abandoning dev".

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
Nice post...but don't believe anyone actually disputed this. However, everything you mention, just adds to an already exisiting issue of doing too much in the first place, which is only compounded when life rears its oft ugly head.
I think it does, or at least that's what I understood when Naughtykutchy said "They either focus on this one or we're looking at more +6 months per update if not more if the story starts to branch out". They already said that thanks to one of the benefits of their collaboration (focus on each other strengths), any possible delay in Radiant's development isn't or won't be due to having several projects in parallel but other reasons... that well, shit happens.

And I think one of the things they considered before starting the collab was whether what they wanted was too ambitious or whether they could really handle it. If after doing the pros/cons they decided to develop Radiant together + continue with their solo games it's because they see themselves capables of doing it. Maybe some of us could see it as you say, doing too much in the first place, but it's just that even if they were dedicating exclusively to Radiant, all the misfortunes they've been having would still be there, so there's no reason to say they're burning out for being too ambitious. At least until now.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well, since my post was deleted let me reiterate more explicitly....

I think Alorth and Dammed do themselves a disservice by being specific about why there is a delay in getting an update out to the masses. It seems like an exhausting situation to be in and letting people know that real life intervened in getting a game made seems to be too much for some people to handle in a mature manner.

As I've said before I look forward to playing the game when a new update happens, I don't want them to rush anything just because of a small group of people. I don't think that there is anything the devs can do now that will make the dissenters on here happy which makes me wonder why the dissenters stay in this thread.

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
IDK, really... seems to me its like it has been said, way too many projects to focus just on this one, which clearly is a project aiming for higher quality, but that sort of quality takes time, time that is being multiplied by either problems, burnout or unfortunate events. Alorth says he can do it 3 months next time but... how he says he will "take a deep breath" once JUST the second one is out... IDK, man. They either focus on this one or we're looking at more +6 months per update if not more if the story starts to branch out.
It would prob be easier for fans and the team alike if they worked on one project at a time instead of doing everything at once. They might even get more done in less time than it's taken for them to continue how they've been doing, decreasing risk of burnout.

Noddy4000

Dec 29, 2019
Shame it has taken so long for the update.Its has such a great first ep.
Sad part is just means regardless of when this update comes its will be the only update this year.
Not enough time for another one.:cry:

yudas51

Dec 25, 2019
It did had some good scenes (Mostly the letter, basically 90% of everything regarding the triplets) but...
Yep, the writing of this game is so mediocre that there are over 3600 post after a single release and the overwhelming majority of these posts ask when the next update is coming out ...
What did you like the most? The guy with chopsticks up his nose, the cursing redhead dad, the mc not being able to drive to the side of the road but instead risking a crash, the chad insulting you as a simp in the 90s or the angel in your dreams that gives blowjobs? My favourite was the girl who just had her first real conversation with the mc, directly had unprotected sex with him, knew that he did a drunk driving accident and then gave her daughters to him because she knows he is a good guy.

Edited because I was kinda unclear in my expression

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
It did had some good scenes (Mostly the letter, basically 90% of everything regarding the triplets) but...

What did you like the most? The guy with chopsticks up his nose, the cursing redhead dad, the mc not being able to drive to the side of the road but instead risking a crash, the chad insulting you as a simp in the 90s or the angel in your dreams that gives blowjobs? My favourite was the girl who just has met the mc, directly had unprotected sex with him, knew that he did a drunk driving accident and then gave her daughters to him because she knows he is a good guy.
I, for one, enjoyed the story so far. But now am looking forward what masterpiece you will be creating and see which is better. .

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
My favourite was the girl who just has met the mc, directly had unprotected sex with him, knew that he did a drunk driving accident and then gave her daughters to him because she knows he is a good guy.
Your "favorite" part and yet you have no idea what you're talking about. MC and Gracie knew each other from school, and though they had barely spoken, they both had a crush on each other (or rather inhibited feelings because their situation) before the unprotected sex time. Oh and well, in the "true story" mode they aren't her daughters but our daughters, but that depends on whether you prefer the original version or the rewritten one made to suit Patreon and its payment methods.

I, for one, enjoyed the story so far. But now am looking forward what masterpiece you will be creating and see which is better. .
First rule of freeloaders: they have better and more original stories than the devs

yudas51

Dec 25, 2019
Your "favorite" part and yet you have no idea what you're talking about. MC and Gracie knew each other from school, and though they had barely spoken, they both had a crush on each other (or rather inhibited feelings because their situation) before the unprotected sex time. Oh and well, in the "true story" mode they aren't her daughters but our daughters, but that depends on whether you prefer the original version or the rewritten one made to suit Patreon and its payment methods.
barely spoken for me is the same as "just met" because it gives the vibe that they spoke more words on the party then they did before and in my opinion it makes the mutual crush harder to believe.
Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the story as well, I just think the intro up to the accident was garbage. There is no reason to get offended from me having a different opinion to you.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
barely spoken for me is the same as "just met" because it gives the vibe that they spoke more words on the party then they did before and in my opinion it makes the mutual crush harder to believe.
At those ages one can get a crush from someone you know only by sight, or from a classmate you don't talk to either out of embarrassment or simply being from different social circles. However I have replayed that part and I take back what I said about the mutual crush thing. It was only the MC who had a little crush on her even though he had never spoken to her. Gracie however was also smitten for him because of how he defended her and treated her in those few hours (or minutes) they were together, being the first time someone treated her well in her whole life (like she said later in her bedroom). So yes, it can certainly be weird to go from that situation to sex, but well... teenagers + alcohol is an explosive combination.

Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the story as well, I just think the intro up to the accident was garbage. There is no reason to get offended from me having a different opinion to you.
And I don't think it's a bad intro. Maybe cliché but not bad. Prom night. Boy defends girl, they talk, flirt and dance in a suggestive way. They end up at her house, where everything that happened at the prom is consolidated, and between lust and alcohol they end up having sex (without protection). Her father catches them, he leaves in a hurry and makes the terrible decision to drive home being drunk (and tired) with the consequences we all know. But hey here everyone is free to think as they wish, I just think that defining it as garbage is too much even if you didn't like it.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes