Mar 5, 2020
Never give too much money too quickly to someone who hasn't earned it yet.
I guess it depends on One's definition of "too much money". Don't get me wrong, I still believe the game is amazing, and I would be ready to keep supporting them, but they have to earn back the trust they ruined throughout the last couple of month. I am still crossing my fingers for a Halloween release though.

I know it is hard to evaluate from nothing the amount of work and the time required to develop an episode of a new game. I have already seen it with the second update of Sunshine Love taking more time than the devs first anticipated.

What I meant to tell is that a dev needs to be honest and transparent when he communicates with his supporter. "I did not work on the game this week as I was busy IRL" is a perfectly acceptable reason. So far, everything we got were vague information and reasons which are a real trust breaker.
When on September 24, the dev writes on Patreon "One of us would have to get hit by a bus or something for it to take that long" (question on the FAQ was "Does this mean we'll have to wait another month for the update?") and exactly a month later, the update is still not out and not a single explanation from their side, you cannot help but thinking that the dev is just writing bullsh*t in his posts.

Edit: corrected typos (OCD coming through lol)

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I really enjoy Radiant - enough so that I am a Patreon (like some of the folks commenting here). I'll keep supporting because they give good updates (one about every two weeks), good communication and are producing a great product. This is Not an ICSTOR and Milfy City situation. Do I get impatient - sure - I want my Radiant fix just like I want my Sunshine Love fix. I also know that any developer who is trying to create a great story with top notch renders needs the time to pull it off. I hope each new version lives up to the promise that the first one made - So much potential. FYI - like any new game, I know that it takes time to design new sets (locations) and the additional characters and interactions. Some developers tell us a bit more about what is coming while others don't. Personally, I like to know more about what is coming so I understand that if one or more new locations are being added, I'll understand why development could take longer. For now, I am simply hoping that this is one of several treats that are coming for Halloween.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I really enjoy Radiant - enough so that I am a Patreon (like some of the folks commenting here). I'll keep supporting because they give good updates (one about every two weeks), good communication and are producing a great product. This is Not an ICSTOR and Milfy City situation. Do I get impatient - sure - I want my Radiant fix just like I want my Sunshine Love fix. I also know that any developer who is trying to create a great story with top notch renders needs the time to pull it off. I hope each new version lives up to the promise that the first one made - So much potential. FYI - like any new game, I know that it takes time to design new sets (locations) and the additional characters and interactions. Some developers tell us a bit more about what is coming while others don't. Personally, I like to know more about what is coming so I understand that if one or more new locations are being added, I'll understand why development could take longer. For now, I am simply hoping that this is one of several treats that are coming for Halloween.
For those who say that this is only about taking more money from Patreons - here is a direct quote from the Radiant Patreon page, dated 9/24/20:
Q: What if I can't afford to support you again in October?
A:
I have a personal policy that even 1 month of support deserves the newest chapter of the game... so if you or any of your friends supported us after playing chapter one, but had to end your support for any reason, at any time from then til now, simply reach out to myself or Alorth and we'll give you the official download.

• Angry
Reactions: BigDaddyDom

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Well, I guess it is 8 actual days before I cancel my support if I do no see a chap 2 available or a clear and believeable explanation.

Today, DrPC announced, after 6 month of development, that the next update of BaD will be released in early to mid November and have 4-6 hours of content.
Should had done like me and cancel early Sept when it was clear the direction this was going... but I never expected we would be close to Nov and nothing, no news no update... just radio silence. After this update you can expect another 6-7 month window before another 2 hours long update if you read slowly enough... that is, if Radiant doesnt become anothe Love and Submission where Veqvil delivers a sloopy update when the patrons leave in masses.

We can't really compare almost anything on the site and the adult VN in general to DPC. DPC deserves every single patreon he has and more. I follow him since BADIK episode 1 and that guy knows how to treat his fanbase and be a proper dev, unlike 90% of the remaining scene.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I'm a patron as well but, at this point, I'm seriously considering pledge as "per release" instead of monthly. This is now getting truly ridiculous.
Can you explain how to go about doing this? It doesn't seem to be a selectable option.

yudas51

Dec 25, 2019
Good question - why not go on their Discord and ask?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is this a serious question? No one who sees their general chat and is in their right mind stays inbetween all that gifspamming.
if they want to reach to former patrons, why is this post behind a paywall?

I thinks it's pretty obvious since at least august Dammed's words are bullsh*t.
It is more like Damned and Alorth already know that it is nice of everyone to at least pay once, and everyone can get the game off f95zone anyways. I guess there were enough people who fell in to the nearly done trap that is laid every month since august. There is nothing wrong with paying once for this game though. If they make it to v.0.3 until eastern I will give them my 20$ I give for Indiegames as well.

Mar 5, 2020
It's always good to support games we like if we can afford it. Their discord general chat is now a mess 90% of posts is hi, and welcome. Since first release was almost 7 months ago, and lack of previews there's nothing to talk about. Also too many fanboys there, but probabaly you can expect that.
It is interesting that, even as a patron, you can have a better debate about the state of the game on f95, which is considered a pirate site, than on the official discord... Just saying.

03abc

Oct 3, 2017
It is interesting that, even as a patron, you can have a better debate about the state of the game on f95, which is considered a pirate site, than on the official discord... Just saying.
True, for me this forum is a heart of western adult games fandom. In discord channels too often even mild or constructive ctirique can be received as attack. Someone here said few days ago he got banned from RK discord for a question like: why update is not released for so long?

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
True, for me this forum is a heart of western adult games fandom. In discord channels too often even mild or constructive ctirique can be received as attack. Someone here said few days ago he got banned from RK discord for a question like: why update is not released for so long?
That person was listed for ban before entering our discord because of threatening staff members on other servers.
So whatever the person said inside our discord, had nothing to do with the ban itself.
We never banned someone because of asking about the update, that's ridiculous.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
I wouldn't say it's karma, i'd say it's called being a liar.
Most proof that is needed is posted publicly on my own patreon, or in discord channels.
All the support we get and keep is because people know a lot about us already.

i know its off topic alroth but how the hell did you get 4 sig banners to work i would love to add neko and another to mine
Donors get +1 signature, devs get +1 too I think. Not sure about it though.

By the beginning of november, and if nothing has happened, we should give these two developers new names:
SirDammDROP & AlorthSTOR ;)
AlorthSTOR lol, good joke.
Though I prefer to climb higher hights.
Look at me, I kinda just took one step.
There is a bright future for the adult game industry if I keep on moving. (y)

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes