HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
I always say that any information is better than no information. As a subscriber in other games, I welcome any information on the project, even if that information is "sorry guys, I did nothing these few months". But that information has to remain believable. If Rebirth developer likesblondes that I support would have told me that every month he was going to release two hours updates and then they are only 15 minutes long, I would stop believing him.

In my eyes, the problem itself is not that is taking too long. That can happen and if you are happily supporting them, THANK YOU, as without you this project would not exist.

The problem is that information given about releases have been proven wrong, as the deadlines are being stretched out.

If I was a supporter, I would be pissed off. At some point, you have to deliver on your promise. But as I don't support them, it would be of total hypocrisy of me to complain to them. I hope they are doing better and coping with life as well as possible.
This is a great comment and should be said on here more often on all game threads. Thank you to all the Patrons that do make these games happen.

I do maybe wish they'd spend their money a bit more wisely but hey, it is their money!

Agree with everything else too.

SirLoins

Aug 20, 2017
I get the frustration in this thread. I also am anxious for the next update. Personally, I'm going to reserve judgment on the whole milking/not milking. Hopefully when we do get the next update it will have been worth the wait. It would be shame if they Game of Throned us. You know, the directors wanted to take 2 years for that sorry excuse for a final season.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I get the frustration in this thread. I also am anxious for the next update. Personally, I'm going to reserve judgment on the whole milking/not milking. Hopefully when we do get the next update it will have been worth the wait. It would be shame if they Game of Throned us. You know, the directors wanted to take 2 years for that sorry excuse for a final season.
Part of me is wondering (overly optimistically) if they are trying to make a really long update and then have the game end up being shorter because of the negative feedback.

The whole milking metaphor is silly, the cows want to be milked and are volunteering for it. It's more of a carrot on a stick scenario.

Regardless, I do think they are working on it, I just think they need to hire a project manager.

Jun 29, 2020
I really have no right to complain about the update delay as I’m not paying a penny for this VN but I really feel bad for the Patreons who have been giving money for 6 months (almost 7) without receiving anything in return I'm sorry for the Devs but this is called MILKING I think that out of respect for they subscribes SirD or Alorth should give an explanation of why it is taking so long,on September 24 they said it was extremely unlikely that the update would take another month to arrive however today is October 22 and nothing,if the Devs have personal problems that prevent them from doing their work then as a show of commitment and integrity stop charging your Patreons until you can resume work as normal
We still have two days!
pls don't crush my hope

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
We still have two days!
pls don't crush my hope
Actually, we have 8 days. They said "This month". Mind you, they also said that last month.

I really have no right to complain about the update delay as I’m not paying a penny for this VN but I really feel bad for the Patreons who have been giving money for 6 months (almost 7) without receiving anything in return I'm sorry for the Devs but this is called MILKING I think that out of respect for they subscribes SirD or Alorth should give an explanation of why it is taking so long,on September 24 they said it was extremely unlikely that the update would take another month to arrive however today is October 22 and nothing,if the Devs have personal problems that prevent them from doing their work then as a show of commitment and integrity stop charging your Patreons until you can resume work as normal
If you have no right to complain, why do you do so anyway?
Also, they did explain themselves when the question was asked in the comments on their patreon page.
I've already posted it verbatim.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Part of me is wondering (overly optimistically) if they are trying to make a really long update and then have the game end up being shorter because of the negative feedback.

The whole milking metaphor is silly, the cows want to be milked and are volunteering for it. It's more of a carrot on a stick scenario.

Regardless, I do think they are working on it, I just think they need to hire a project manager.
They need to use agile and deliver functional iterations based on achievable goals. Presuming the issue is just trying for too much or to be too perfect. There needs to be a balance with a reasonable timeframe for releases.

Lederzar

Mar 5, 2020
If you have no right to complain, why do you do so anyway?
Also, they did explain themselves when the question was asked in the comments on their patreon page.
I've already posted it verbatim.
I did not complain, it was simply an observation and constructive opinion,if I wanted to complain I would say: “Shit, 6 months have passed since the last update, what the hell are they doing, painting the Sistine Chapel? Come on, they are milking their Patreons for sure they follow the example of ICSTOR, it really is a shame that such a good VN sinks due to the ineptitude of the Dev.” That's a complaint learn the difference

cjdm

May 23, 2020
Actually, we have 8 days.
Is that 8 actual days? Or "8 days" in developer time? At this rate, cats are buffalo and 2+2 = 928.

if I wanted to complain I would say: “Shit, 6 months have passed since the last update, what the hell are they doing, painting the Sistine Chapel?
Hell, I'll complain for you.... I mean shit, 6 months have passed since the last update, what the hell are they doing... painting the Sistine Chapel?

Last edited:

yudas51

Dec 25, 2019
Is that 8 actual days? Or "8 days" in developer time? At this rate, cats are buffalo and 2+2 = 928.

Hell, I'll complain for you.... I mean shit, 6 months have passed since the last update, what the hell are they doing... painting the Sistine Chapel?
Probably too busy fapping to their own creations...

Just like MC

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020
Well, I guess it is 8 actual days before I cancel my support if I do no see a chap 2 available or a clear and believeable explanation.
I will be brutaly honest here, I do not believe that the devs are "polishing" the final % of the game for over a month now. They probably lack the organization and structure to manage and balance work on their common project, Radiant, and their personal ones. Even if it goes out before the end of the month, I cannot help but believe that this chapter will be disappointing, if not in regards to the quality of the content, probably about the playtime it will provide (how many patrons will think "6 month for this?")
Today, DrPC announced, after 6 month of development, that the next update of BaD will be released in early to mid November and have 4-6 hours of content. Setting asside this, despite the long development time (and considering the fact he is doing everything alone), he has been posting development updates every single week to let his patrons know how the development is going (I am on his $1 tier to have dev updates so I do not know what other content he posted). For Radiant, how many updates did patrons get in this time? 9 development updates and a dozen wallpapers, with a "Final progress report" mid August. So the game has been in the final stage of development for the past 2 month?
If the Chapter 2 is not released by EoM, I will wait a couple updates before even considering supporting the game again to see if they get the development up to speed and, mostly, work on their communication with their supporters.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Well, I guess it is 8 actual days before I cancel my support if I do no see a chap 2 available or a clear and believeable explanation.
I will be brutaly honest here, I do not believe that the devs are "polishing" the final % of the game for over a month now. They probably lack the organization and structure to manage and balance work on their common project, Radiant, and their personal ones. Even if it goes out before the end of the month, I cannot help but believe that this chapter will be disappointing, if not in regards to the quality of the content, probably about the playtime it will provide (how many patrons will think "6 month for this?")
Today, DrPC announced, after 6 month of development, that the next update of BaD will be released in early to mid November and have 4-6 hours of content. Setting asside this, despite the long development time (and considering the fact he is doing everything alone), he has been posting development updates every single week to let his patrons know how the development is going (I am on his $1 tier to have dev updates so I do not know what other content he posted). For Radiant, how many updates did patrons get in this time? 9 development updates and a dozen wallpapers, with a "Final progress report" mid August. So the game has been in the final stage of development for the past 2 month?
If the Chapter 2 is not released by EoM, I will wait a couple updates before even considering supporting the game again to see if they get the development up to speed and, mostly, work on their communication with their supporters.
Yeah, same for me with being a small tier supporter of Pinkcake, and the biggest lesson I learned from him is that no matter what, every single week I update something even if it's just "sorry, I sucked this week!" I even updated after one version just came out (where they knew already I was taking a week off after to recover) and just did an update "Taking my break!" lol...

I'm actually pretty confident the next update will be good.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Yeah, same for me with being a small tier supporter of Pinkcake, and the biggest lesson I learned from him is that no matter what, every single week I update something even if it's just "sorry, I sucked this week!" I even updated after one version just came out (where they knew already I was taking a week off after to recover) and just did an update "Taking my break!" lol...

I'm actually pretty confident the next update will be good.
This helps keep one working regularly as well. When required to provide a regular update. Holds you accountable. We do the same thing at work for this reason.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Since you mentioned him, do you guys know how long it took DPC to get the Patreon support RK Studios achieved with just one release of Radiant? It took him one complete game (Acting Lessons) and two episodes of Being A DIK to get the 900 patrons Radiant currently has. One whole year of constantly putting out updates, completing his first game and launching a second massive game with two episodes.

Never give too much money too quickly to someone who hasn't earned it yet. I don't care if you believe me or not, but I swear to God I thought back in April this could happen and unfortunately it proved to be true.
EDIT: And I can prove it ;) https://f95zone.to/threads/dik-outcasts.35081/post-3352516

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Since you mentioned him, do you guys know how long it took DPC to get the Patreon support RK Studios achieved with just one release of Radiant? It took him one complete game (Acting Lessons) and two episodes of Being A DIK to get the 900 patrons Radiant currently has. One whole year of constantly putting out updates, completing his first game and launching a second massive game with two episodes.

Never give too much money too quickly to someone who hasn't earned it yet. I don't care if you believe me or not, but I swear to God I thought back in April this could happen and unfortunately it proved to be true.
I think a lot of that is fetish based games (in this case, father-daughter incest) are just more popular than story based games. Not saying this doesn't have a story, but it's clearly centered around a fetish. When I first played this, it was good, but not amazing. It has potential, but when I looked at their patron count I had to do a double-take. It's like WVM levels of explosive early support. It is very possible that got to their heads, or put too much pressure on them. I think that would happen to most people.

And speaking of that support, when you include their accounts for their other games, they make over 10k per month combined. They need to use that money to hire someone to organize their workflow. There is no way they work well together if the two of them, who are "veterans" by dev standards, can't get a VN update out in half a year. This isn't some super complex game like BaDIK.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I think a lot of that is fetish based games (in this case, father-daughter incest) are just more popular than story based games. Not saying this doesn't have a story, but it's clearly centered around a fetish. When I first played this, it was good, but not amazing. It has potential, but when I looked at their patron count I had to do a double-take. It's like WVM levels of explosive early support. It is very possible that got to their heads, or put too much pressure on them. I think that would happen to most people.
[...]
I have another theory but I'd rather not post it today. I've been critical enough already and it's just that, a theory.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes