SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Donors get +1 signature, devs get +1 too I think. Not sure about it though.
hmm donor the same as a patreons supporter? if so i might have to look into that since im supporting 2 current listed games as well a new in dev yet unreleased one

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
That person was listed for ban before entering our discord because of threatening staff members on other servers.
So whatever the person said inside our discord, had nothing to do with the ban itself.
We never banned someone because of asking about the update, that's ridiculous.
I can confirm. I respectfully asked about the update on discord and respectfully got the answer. Although it's true that I am scared to ask about it for the second time lol.

• Hey there
  • Haha
Reactions: Ayhsel and Alorth

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
darlic said:
I'm a patron as well but, at this point, I'm seriously considering pledge as "per release" instead of monthly. This is now getting truly ridiculous.
Can you explain how to go about doing this? It doesn't seem to be a selectable option.
That's what I thought. Thanks.
The only way I know of to do it is to buy the game off Steam or another platform (like Nutaku) if it's on there. DPC has some of his games on there, curious how well it's working out for him. It seems the worst thing that can happen to a AVN/Adult game is for it to quickly blow up on Patreon. The dev(s) then seem to collapse from pressure, have a myriad of "personal issues", or just lack the work ethic to treat their "Patreons" as employers, which they effectively are.

03abc

Oct 3, 2017
That person was listed for ban before entering our discord because of threatening staff members on other servers.
So whatever the person said inside our discord, had nothing to do with the ban itself.
He forgot to mention that, lol, or maybe he doesn't realize how (in)famous he is over discord.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom
D

Deleted member 584847

We never banned someone because of asking about the update, that's ridiculous.
excuse me, what? Me, threatening someone? Well... I guess you learn something new everyday... :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

Azraelith

May 1, 2019
I'll be honest, alorth and SD. I want to support your game. I really do. But after having over half a year of spare 'sort of here' updates with no substance I'm going to do a wait and see approach. This game has massive potential but right now it's barely gotten started.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I'll be honest, alorth and SD. I want to support your game. I really do. But after having over half a year of spare 'sort of here' updates with no substance I'm going to do a wait and see approach. This game has massive potential but right now it's barely gotten started.
This is an important point, this game has just started and we only really played a prologue. The next update (whenever it happens :rolleyes:) will define the game and is therefore the most important. Will it be a fun harem game? Will it be be a more serious romance game? Will it be just another MC is a pervert game? Will it be something else?

I suspect the next update is dragging out because the devs want to make sure they don't blow it. Whatever direction they decide to take this will inevitably piss off some people. So I imagine they are wanting to keep as many people happy as possible so they don't waste what has been a remarkable response to a game.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
This is an important point, this game has just started and we only really played a prologue. The next update (whenever it happens :rolleyes:) will define the game and is therefore the most important. Will it be a fun harem game? Will it be be a more serious romance game? Will it be just another MC is a pervert game? Will it be something else?

I suspect the next update is dragging out because the devs want to make sure they don't blow it. Whatever direction they decide to take this will inevitably piss off some people. So I imagine they are wanting to keep as many people happy as possible so they don't waste what has been a remarkable response to a game.
I don't know, the first release/prologue looked good and was enjoyable but the delay has stretched to the point where it's difficult to believe they can release anything that will meet expectations. I'd love to be wrong though...

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
It kinda feels like a waste of time to write this because it seems like criticism doesn't go down well here, but I will post this anyway because I do like to try and help people out when I see something constructive to say.

Alorth Dammed seriously, learn to communicate with your audience. At least your paying ones. You've both been on this forum in the last 24 hours, to do damage control on the Polarity bugfix that was listed as an update, and to defend yourself/troll people in this thread about the non-existent update. Yet you haven't actually addressed the elephant in the room and said anything about the update which you promised a month ago would be here by now.

Read what TessSadist said a couple of pages back, they are a fellow dev so maybe their words will resonate more. Just talk to your fans, be upfront and honest with them, even if you think it's not going to go down well I can assure you that you'll be pleasantly surprised, and it will definitely go down better than the current state of things. Look at Braindrop, he had to take months and months away from WVM to sort himself out, and for the most part his fans completely supported him in doing so.

It can't be good for either of you to have to deal with the added expectations and negativity that's being fostered from how things are right now. Make a positive change on your side and you'll reap the benefits going forward.

Best of luck (y)

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Not enough freckles I'm out.... Yeah it will be hard for them to live up to all the expectations and hype. I just hope they start to put out some content, and perhaps interact a bit more with people that follow this VN.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
It kinda feels like a waste of time to write this because it seems like criticism doesn't go down well here, but I will post this anyway because I do like to try and help people out when I see something constructive to say.

Alorth Dammed seriously, learn to communicate with your audience. At least your paying ones. You've both been on this forum in the last 24 hours, to do damage control on the Polarity bugfix that was listed as an update, and to defend yourself/troll people in this thread about the non-existent update. Yet you haven't actually addressed the elephant in the room and said anything about the update which you promised a month ago would be here by now.

Read what TessSadist said a couple of pages back, they are a fellow dev so maybe their words will resonate more. Just talk to your fans, be upfront and honest with them, even if you think it's not going to go down well I can assure you that you'll be pleasantly surprised, and it will definitely go down better than the current state of things. Look at Braindrop, he had to take months and months away from WVM to sort himself out, and for the most part his fans completely supported him in doing so.

It can't be good for either of you to have to deal with the added expectations and negativity that's being fostered from how things are right now. Make a positive change on your side and you'll reap the benefits going forward.

Best of luck (y)
I did make a post about the situation in our discord a while ago, things haven't gone well this year and a lot of unnexpected things happened. Some communication issues will be fixed after the release, but thats only for our discord.
We also prefer to keep away from this thread, it's not only a distraction but it's a lot of replies wich we can't keep track of anymore. And we specially don't have time to waste on it when big part of the replies are trolls.

Braindrop did openly said he would stop for some time, he was open with all his fans.
He still had to block messages in discord because he was getting threatened by users for not updating the game.

After making my post on the situation and my problems, I got lots of messages of people saying to take some months off that they wouldn't mind. Most of my supporters stand behind me and I'm happy to have them.
That's when you know your work is being given value.
Still, I'm not the type of person that can stop doing what he likes.
And I said I still keep on moving even if I'm not in best conditions; that such a break is not needed.

The game udpate we are trying to get it out before the month ends. I'm struggling on it.
If it fails, it might come out start of the month. It honestly depends on how hard I can push myself wich I'm not 100% confident because of all the pressure.

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
I did make a post about the situation in our discord a while ago, things haven't gone well this year and a lot of unnexpected things happened. Some communication issues will be fixed after the release, but thats only for our discord.
We also prefer to keep away from this thread, it's not only a distraction but it's a lot of replies wich we can't keep track of anymore. And we specially don't have time to waste on it when big part of the replies are trolls.

Braindrop did openly said he would stop for some time, he was open with all his fans.
He still had to block messages in discord because he was getting threatened by users for not updating the game.

After making my post on the situation and my problems, I got lots of messages of people saying to take some months off that they wouldn't mind. Most of my supporters stand behind me and I'm happy to have them.
That's when you know your work is being given value.
Still, I'm not the type of person that can stop doing what he likes.
And I said I still keep on moving even if I'm not in best conditions; that such a break is not needed.

The game udpate we are trying to get it out before the month ends. I'm struggling on it.
If it fails, it might come out start of the month. It honestly depends on how hard I can push myself wich I'm not 100% confident because of all the pressure.
Yeah man. It's totally understandable. Even I've been harsh with my criticism on this game in one post and I try to be level headed and constructive about things.

People generally will assume the worst so in situations like this it's "game is abandoned", "devs are lazy", "milking patreons" etc. What people don't think about is that energy is just making things harder for you guys to finish creating what you are creating for them. You don't need to respond to anything here either if you guys don't want to as whatever you post in your discord will inevitably find its way to this thread.

Also get where you're coming from about not being able to stop doing what you like. I'm a workaholic too but sometimes even with the best intentions forcing yourself to keep going is actually damaging, and that is very difficult to see within yourself, usually it's other people that need to point it out. There's always a way to frame it in a different perspective though. If you need some kind of mental refresh go back to doing it for the love of it and not as work or for anyone else or their expectations, and maybe something amazing will be created from that.

Like I said I wish you guys the best regardless of whatever shortcomings there might be. No one is perfect and all any of us can do is keep moving forward and becoming better each day.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Yeah man. It's totally understandable. Even I've been harsh with my criticism on this game in one post and I try to be level headed and constructive about things.

People generally will assume the worst so in situations like this it's "game is abandoned", "devs are lazy", "milking patreons" etc. What people don't think about is that energy is just making things harder for you guys to finish creating what you are creating for them. You don't need to respond to anything here either if you guys don't want to as whatever you post in your discord will inevitably find its way to this thread.

Also get where you're coming from about not being able to stop doing what you like. I'm a workaholic too but sometimes even with the best intentions forcing yourself to keep going is actually damaging, and that is very difficult to see within yourself, usually it's other people that need to point it out. There's always a way to frame it in a different perspective though. If you need some kind of mental refresh go back to doing it for the love of it and not as work or for anyone else or their expectations, and maybe something amazing will be created from that.

Like I said I wish you guys the best regardless of whatever shortcomings there might be. No one is perfect and all any of us can do is keep moving forward and becoming better each day.
Thanks for the advice, though I have a promise to keep to myself.
And whatever I do... whenever I do something new, I want to make it more amazing.
I just want to keep making amazing things.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Thanks for the advice, though I have a promise to keep to myself.
And whatever I do... whenever I do something new, I want to make it more amazing.
I just want to keep making amazing things.
Overall, at the end of the day, I just want you and Dammed to be in a good place - mentally, physically, emotionally. Everything is really intense right now with the state of the world we're in and I wonder, perhaps naively, if that is where some of the vitriol on this thread originates. Sure the first release was really good but to end up with over 200 pages (and countless deleted pages) based on it seems more a function of a bunch of perverts confined to their houses more than the realities of the quality of what they played. No offense intended by that because you both do good work (I am a fan of your solo work) but the anticipation is stunning at this point.

And yeah, I have been unhappy with the lack of communication or blown deadlines, But I don't matter as I didn't give you a dime. And, of course, I do want to see what comes next, just not at your or Dammed's expense. Take care of yourselves and remember, at a certain point, you need to just step away and declare it done.

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes