quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Not sure how dark I'll go. Maddison for sure seems like someone to take down the dark path. Olivia's reactions during the argument make me hope we can have her participate in disciplining Maddison (while also lustfully engaging with the MC.) I think Allison is a perfect candidate for the lust path. So I expect to be heading down the combined lust/darkness path.

Mar 5, 2020
- at the start, you have to choose "Go in" to get into the dance.
- at Gracie's you have to choose "Kiss her" then "Lick her" then "Continue" then "Penetrate her" and several more after. Each time this does nothing but pause the scene for no reason.

At no point are there other options for these scenes.
Most VNs use these "single option" choices to pause the game on sex/important scenes when you are on a fast forward playthrough. I agree it might not be necessary to have them that early in the game, but at least you know they are there. In addition, it puts the player more in an actor position rather than just the spectator position.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Most VNs use these "single option" choices to pause the game on sex/important scenes when you are on a fast forward playthrough. I agree it might not be necessary to have them that early in the game, but at least you know they are there. In addition, it puts the player more in an actor position rather than just the spectator position.
I assume by fast forward you mean the auto forward mode where you don't have to press anything to progress. Because if it's just for people clicking/pressing rapidly they can stop themselves and move back if they missed a bit, then go at normal speed.

Assuming I'm correct on what fast forward means, does it really require six or seven stops per sex scene? Because that's about how many were in the Gracie scene. If you want to put one at the start of the scene for those people who for whatever reason are playing on fast forward I guess I can live with that (though I'd still prefer none.) But to keep stopping the scene to have more? Frustrating. Surely someone on fast forward, if they want the scene, can switch to manual forward mode on hitting that start point?

It doesn't at all make me feel like I'm more in the actor position - actor position would be allowing me to choose something. Instead it pulls me out of the game into making a "choice" to do what was going to happen anyway. And if I want to rewatch a fun scene I have to keep being pulled out of it again and again to make a "choice."

If it's really for those on fast forward, how about having the game only show the choices if fast forward is on? Let the rest of us progress as usual.

This way you don't make the game awkward and break the flow for those who are playing in manual mode and you satisfy those on auto mode.

Last edited:

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
It would be great if there at least was a choice to disable these single option choices at the start of the game. That would be rather easy to implement and improve the gameplay experience greatly for those of us who don't like them while not harming anyone else.

otronegro

Jan 24, 2020
I'm doing a second play through now because I want to see what happens if I make different choices and something I'd forgotten continues to bug me.

Can we please not have "choices" which aren't choices? They break the flow of the game for no reason. Ones I've seen so far:

- at Gracie's you have to choose "Kiss her" then "Lick her" then "Continue" then "Penetrate her" and several more after. Each time this does nothing but pause the scene for no reason.

I hope Dammed you will consider in future not doing the "choice but not really" thing. Preferably also remove it from existing scenes. I played another game where there were more and more as it went on and eventually the sex scenes became more annoying than fun.

There's also a warning when you select "Penetrate her" about the game optionally showing blood followed by the option to have it on/off that I think would be better shown at the start of the game and not right when you're about to have sex with the cute girl.

Anything that counts as "game instructions," which also includes what comes soon after where it explains how to use "Something Else" to manually enter what you say to Gracie, belongs, in my opinion, in before game instructions.

Please take this in the spirit in which it's meant - I really like the game and believe these things will improve it.

-------------------------

A bug I think: This is the first time I'm playing with music on (I usually have my own music going) and more than once when selecting one of the "choices" the music has a brief pause.

I agree about the single option clicks during the lewd scenes. I mean, lewd scenes are exactly the time I don't wish to reach the mouse! ;)

The blood thing I agree also, though, that's a minor problem.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Is the update here ? or it's only for patreon ?
Days out.

I'm doing a second play through now because I want to see what happens if I make different choices and something I'd forgotten continues to bug me.

Can we please not have "choices" which aren't choices? They break the flow of the game for no reason. Ones I've seen so far:

I hope Dammed you will consider in future not doing the "choice but not really" thing. Preferably also remove it from existing scenes. I played another game where there were more and more as it went on and eventually the sex scenes became more annoying than fun.

There's also a warning when you select "Penetrate her" about the game optionally showing blood followed by the option to have it on/off that I think would be better shown at the start of the game and not right when you're about to have sex with the cute girl.

Anything that counts as "game instructions," which also includes what comes soon after where it explains how to use "Something Else" to manually enter what you say to Gracie, belongs, in my opinion, in before game instructions.

Please take this in the spirit in which it's meant - I really like the game and believe these things will improve it.

-------------------------

A bug I think: This is the first time I'm playing with music on (I usually have my own music going) and more than once when selecting one of the "choices" the music has a brief pause.
There's a couple of others who've brought this up before... but it's a bit of a strange critique to me (and seems a bit nitpicky to someone like me, who plays these games habitually: no offense!)

The button you see on the screen, when presented alone, is obviously not presented as a "choice," otherwise there'd be some sort of decision involved. Rather, the button is merely a transitional technique that is actually coded in to help the flow of the game, not hurt it.

The things I use this for include, but are not limited to:

1) More emphatic transitions, such as going into a new place for the first time, or opening a door to discover something earth shattering... like three new tenants.
2) Letting players know they're about to start some sort of major sequence, such as a sex animation.
3) Giving players a little bit more control when screwing a girl for the first time (i.e., the option to PUT IT IN!!!).
4) Letting players know they're about to start the next sequence in a multi-part sex animation... etc.

While I'm aware that this might be a little annoying while playing with one hand :ROFLMAO: I think the majority of players actually like this. In fact, it was designed to accomplish the opposite of what you said: more immersion.

Oh, and as for the bug, that might have more to do with your system, as even Ren'Py games can get a little draining on your memory and it sounds like you're experiencing a brief lag.

Anyway... I'll start a poll over on Patreon to see how players feel about using a "Click This" type button/selection as a more dramatic transition. If the majority of players vote against this, I will remove it... though I think there's a walkthrough mod that gives players this option already. I might also just add in the option for players to turn this off at the start of the game if enough of them vote they dislike it.

Last edited:

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Days out.

There's a couple of others who've brought this up before... but it's a bit of a strange critique to me (and seems a bit nitpicky to someone like me, who plays these games habitually: no offense!)

The button you see on the screen, when presented alone, is obviously not presented as a "choice," otherwise there'd be some sort of decision involved. Rather, the button is merely a transitional technique that is actually coded in to help the flow of the game, not hurt it.

1) More emphatic transitions, such as going into a new place for the first time, or opening a door to discover something earth shattering... like three new tenants.
2) Letting players know they're about to start some sort of major sequence, such as a sex animation.
3) Giving players a little bit more control when screwing a girl for the first time (i.e., the option to PUT IT IN!!!).
4) Letting players know they're about to start the next sequence in a multi-part sex animation... etc.

While I'm aware that this might be a little annoying while playing with one hand :ROFLMAO: I think the majority of players actually like this. In fact, it was designed to accomplish the opposite of what you said: more immersion.

Oh, and as for the bug, that might have more to do with your system, as even Ren'Py games can get a little draining on your memory and it sounds like you're experiencing a brief lag.

Anyway... I'll start a poll over on Patreon to see how players feel about using a "Click This" type button/selection as a more dramatic transition. If the majority of players vote against this, I will remove it... though I think there's a walkthrough mod that gives players this option already. I might also just add in the option for players to turn this off at the start of the game if enough of them vote they dislike it.
I think the on/off option is the best route regardless, because I can't imagine any direction being 100% liked or disliked.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
No offense taken :).

Disclaimer before I get into my reply: I hope that this does not come across as harsh. I'm just trying to emphasise why I consider it important. I appreciate that you're taking the time to respond. I also really appreciate that you're not just dismissing my concerns.

My objection to being asked at the start of the scene if you want blood on or off can reasonably be classed as nitpicky. And I've sort of changed my mind because when I got to the one where it reminds you about important choices I actually liked that it was giving me a useful reminder. The first doesn't really bother me enough to concern yourself about, the second was helpful for someone like me who remembers things he's done better than things he's read.

The requirement to switch from keyboard to mouse to continue a scene at least 6 or 7 times during that scene, is not to my mind nitpicky.

I've played quite a large number of these games in recent weeks, getting a feel for what I enjoy. Only two or three have employed this technique. And all of them have been less enjoyable (for me) as a result.

You say it's coded to help the flow of the game but I don't see how. The game would flow just fine if I could keep pressing a key to continue as I have until that moment. Having to switch to mouse and back breaks the flow. The presentation of text on the screen also breaks the visual connection with the images/videos of what is happening.

I think using it for emphatic transitions is fine. Using it at the start of a sex scene also (just the start, though.)

If it's designed for more immersion then at least for me and a couple of others it achieves the opposite.

I have the walkthrough mod so I'll look into whether that can do what I would like. If it can't maybe I'll see if I can mod the mod (or make a separate mod) to achieve the result. I have not looked much into Ren'Py game files but it looks like it's essentially basic Python? In which case it may not be complicated to do.

Of course I hope the poll at least goes to the "you can turn this off at the start of the game" option, which is probably best for everyone to get what they want.

Either way, whatever happens, again thank you for seriously considering my feedback.

I have more than enough free memory (currently over 4.5GB with a game running as well as other memory gobblers) and my drive is SSD so even if swap is being used it shouldn't be an issue. But I know as a developer if you can't replicate a possible bug on your system solving it becomes so much more difficult. If that's the case then don't worry about it. Focus on producing great content instead :).

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019

Just to make it clear: Number 1 is perfectly reasonable and I have absolutely no problem with it. As you say, this can really help immersion. The other three... I'm not so sure about. I see that it might sometimes be good, but maybe it just was too much in that first scene. Especially for 2 and 4, I'm not sure, but I kind of feel that this could be done more immersively with a line of narration than with a button. But of course, it is your choice as the developer what you feel fits the game best. I'm definitely against removing it completely, but an option for those who want it at least significantly reduced during lewd scenes, that's something I would consider helpful. But then, any way you decide it, it can't ruin what seems to become one of the best AVNs around. If you ever manage to update, that is :p

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Especially if he frames the question in a way to push the small percent of Patrons who actually vote in the direction he wants.
I see you're still hung up on our previous discussion. Sorry we upset you even though I apologized and tried to make amends/be the bigger person. I guess we'll just have to look forward to you coming here merely with the intention of trying to stir up shit from now on.

Why would I make it a leading question when I'm genuinely seeking feedback as a means of improving the game? A game you liked, by the way, until you threw a fit about the wait time.

You're just being pessimistic. :FacePalm: Are you okay?

Haven't they learned that question is not allowed? :ROFLMAO:
Considering I was happy to answer the last person who asked this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For those asking about when the update will be here: a fewish days, 4-5 being most likely. Don't let the hysterics brigade drag ya down in the meantime!

Last edited:

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
I see you're still hung up on our previous discussion. Sorry you're so upset still even though I apologized and tried to make amends.

Why would I make it a leading question when I'm genuinely seeking feedback as a means of improving the game? You're being pessimistic. :FacePalm: Are you okay?
Seems you're still hung up on that. Especially considering the endless rants on your Discord. You neither apologized or made amends but that's neither here nor there.

I just found it humorous that even criticism unrelated to the 7 month update schedule triggered you to throw another tantrum.

You keep coming here to stir up shit/desperate attention seeking. Are you alright? You even said on Discord it's not appropriate.

20201027_160026.jpg

Last edited:

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Seems you're still hung up on that. Especially considering the endless rants on your Discord. You neither apologized or made amends but that's neither here nor there.

I just found it humorous that even criticism unrelated to the 7 month update schedule triggered you.
I did apologize, but that's okay. Selective reading and all that.

You should write a letter to the pope.

you got a real gem here, i cant wait to see how it turns out. any idea when the next update will be?
We're a few days out! Thanks for the kind words.

I just found it humorous that even criticism unrelated to the 7 month update schedule triggered you to throw another tantrum.

You keep coming here to stir up shit/desperate attention seeking. Are you alright? You even said on Discord it's not appropriate.

View attachment 876546
Yes. Grown men who spend their days on a forum throwing tantrums over trivial things like a minor disagreement that happened more than 48 hours ago is amusing, and we joke around about it on the Discord. You're welcome to actually speak up/defend yourself (if you feel directly attacked) rather than lurking in the shadows and stalking us. if you'd like. We promise we won't just ban you.

That said, I must ask that you keep the off-topic off this forum. I've been guilty of this myself: but I'm trying to make sure each reply here has something to do with the game.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes