ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
I did apologize, but that's okay. Selective reading and all that.

You should write a letter to the pope.

We're a few days out! Thanks for the kind words.

Yes. Grown men who spend their days on a forum throwing tantrums over trivial things like a minor disagreement that happened more than 48 hours ago is amusing, and we joke around about it on the Discord. You're welcome to actually speak up/defend yourself like a "grown man," rather than lurking in the shadows and stalking us. if you'd like. We promise we won't just ban you.

That said, I must ask that you keep the off-topic off this forum. I've been guilty of this myself: but I'm trying to make sure each reply here has something to do with the game.
I suspect you would ban me, but fair enough. I eagerly await the update.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Quick Poll + Announcement

Hey again, everyone.

*eyes slowly drift to the date/time on the bottom-right of my screen...*

*sweating commences.*

I hope everyone's well, and wanted to let you know that we still think we'll be able to release the update *before* the month is over (aka, it's literally going to drop in a matter of days), but full disclosure: there's a small chance we will miss our deadline by ONE... MAYBE TWO days at the absolute MOST. If this happens, you'll be getting the update on the 1st, maybe the 2nd at the absolute latest.

The good news is: the wait is finally over, and the update is ready, save for a few last minute touches here and there which we're working on as we speak.

So you can consider this our official pre-release announcement.

In the meantime...I would appreciate a little feedback, if possible!

Throughout the game (moreso in the first chapter, less so in future ones), you'll notice a "choice" button appears that isn't actually a choice (since there's only one button and therefore no decision to actually be made).

While I know this can be annoying while playing with one hand... ;]

These are actually what I call "emphatic transitions," or "strategic pauses."

So for example when you're about to open a door to enter a new place for the first time, you'll sometimes get a single "choice" button with the words "Go Inside"

Or, you're lurking outside of the girls bedroom, and it's time to make your presence known... so you'll see the option to "Knock" on the door.

I also use this sometimes along with sex animations: an example of this is shown in Chapter One when we first sleep with Gracie; players are given a simple option: "Fuck Her," and we penetrate her for the first time.

With all of this in mind... what's your take on using these types of "choices," as transitions/pauses? Would you rather not be annoyed with the task of clicking the stupid button, or would you prefer the button stay there to accomplish the effect I'd intended?

FYI: If the feedback is split enough, I'll add the option to toggle this on/off, rather than removing it completely.

Thanks for the help!

D

Deleted member 584847

I did apologize, but that's okay. Selective reading and all that.

You should write a letter to the pope.

We're a few days out! Thanks for the kind words.

Yes. Grown men who spend their days on a forum throwing tantrums over trivial things like a minor disagreement that happened more than 48 hours ago is amusing, and we joke around about it on the Discord. You're welcome to actually speak up/defend yourself like a "grown man," rather than lurking in the shadows and stalking us. if you'd like. We promise we won't just ban you.

That said, I must ask that you keep the off-topic off this forum. I've been guilty of this myself: but I'm trying to make sure each reply here has something to do with the game.
Tried that, yet everything i wrote here was deleted and i got banned from your discord :unsure: Basically just for calling the devs liars, behind which statement I still stand, because i was not proved wrong yet, especially when it's just been announced that there is a possibility that you won't be able to release the update in the time period you promised, again. To me, it simply looks like you are trying to delete more agressive hate-posts, rather then answering them/defending the game(or devs more likely.)

So, if you are inviting people to actually speak up for themselves/defending themselves, yet banning them / deleting their posts, without reaction, can we start an open discussion here? :giggle:

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Tried that, yet everything i wrote here was deleted and i got banned from your discord :unsure: Basically just for calling the devs liars, behind which statement I still stand, because i was not proved wrong yet, especially when it's just been announced that there is a possibility that you won't be able to release the update in the time period you promised, again. To me, it simply looks like you are trying to delete more agressive hate-posts, rather then answering them/defending the game(or devs more likely.)

So, if you are inviting people to actually speak up for themselves/defending themselves, yet banning them / deleting their posts, without reaction, can we start an open discussion here? :giggle:
You do realize I'm not a moderator on this forum, right? If your comments get deleted, it's because you broke the rules of the forum and has nothing to do with me. All I'm able to personally do is edit the thread with links/update the changelog and tags. We're not even allowed to remove things that are added to the main thread by mods, such as links to game mods or even pirated versions.

To put it simply: game devs who manage their threads have no real power. It's just a way to streamline things and give us the option to participate here in the forum.

So while I get/understand your frustration and apologize if you're feeling miffed by us, I think you're taking it out on the wrong person and being a bit overly aggressive. If you're mad that your comments were deleted here you should take it up with the moderators. Also: a moderator of my Discord banned you, not me... and while I wasn't at the screen to witness this, it sounds like it was for good reason.

I apologize if you feel you've been deceived, but running to the Discord to start hurling accusations / start a flame war is not the way to go about discussing it... not unless you're capable of being adult about it. And that statement can be proven: because anyone who's brought this issue up in a mature/adult way on our Discord has been answered respectfully/hasn't gotten kicked or banned. I'm pretty much there 24/7, and I try to answer every inquiry, especially if someone is annoyed at us or has concerns, but I don't see everything.

You also tried to review bomb the game according to the same Discord mod who banned you (even though F95Zone's rules clearly state that ratings should be about the games themselves, not the devs), so you seem to be acting with malice. With that in mind... can you blame us?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
While I'm happy to see the poll has been made (and happier still to know there's new content coming soon) I'm not sure the poll as worded really reflects the way the choice buttons are used in all contexts. It makes no specific mention of the multiple "emphatic transitions" or "strategic pauses" which occur within Gracie's sex scene. It's these that I most wish to not have (I'm actually totally ok with the "knock" ones, or the one to "open the door" before you meet the triplets, which I think do have the intended effect.) It's possible that people will realise it extends to "in scene" buttons as well but it's not immediately apparent in the wording.

I'll still accept whichever way the vote comes out. The voters are, after all, those who financially support the game. And am currently looking into another game which has a "turn off single choice buttons" option at the start to see how they did it and then maybe I can mod the game if the poll doesn't go the way I'd like it to (which, as said before, ideally probably should be "give the player the choice" unless it turns out no one likes them.)

And thank you again for considering my suggestion.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Tried that, yet everything i wrote here was deleted and i got banned from your discord :unsure: Basically just for calling the devs liars, behind which statement I still stand, because i was not proved wrong yet
You've provided no evidence they lied. I'm a developer. Have been for a long time. Deadlines slip. It happens. Sometimes multiple times, over an extended period. Doesn't make liars of the people who set the deadline. As far as I can tell from their posts here everything else you've said about how they engage with critics is false. So I'm not inclined to accept your unproven claim that they've lied.

The way that you engage with them is frankly aggressive and as far as I can see entirely uncalled for. And as for "trying to delete more aggressive hate-posts" - this is something the moderators will be doing and good for them. The fact that you even use those words to describe the posts in my mind marks them as exactly the kind of thing that should be removed.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
While I'm happy to see the poll has been made (and happier still to know there's new content coming soon) I'm not sure the poll as worded really reflects the way the choice buttons are used in all contexts. It makes no specific mention of the multiple "emphatic transitions" or "strategic pauses" which occur within Gracie's sex scene. It's these that I most wish to not have (I'm actually totally ok with the "knock" ones, or the one to "open the door" before you meet the triplets, which I think do have the intended effect.) It's possible that people will realise it extends to "in scene" buttons as well but it's not immediately apparent in the wording.

I'll still accept whichever way the vote comes out. The voters are, after all, those who financially support the game. And am currently looking into another game which has a "turn off single choice buttons" option at the start to see how they did it and then maybe I can mod the game if the poll doesn't go the way I'd like it to (which, as said before, ideally probably should be "give the player the choice" unless it turns out no one likes them.)

And thank you again for considering my suggestion.
No problem! I actually decided I will just add this option in anyway: it's easy to do and even if it's only 20-30 people who care about that, still worthwhile in my opinion. The poll was more genuine curiosity than the final determining factor.

One catch: while I may code this into the actual options menu at a later time, for now it will be a toggle option that's given at the start of the game. So you may need to start over and ctrl+skip/make the same choices in Ch1 after you've downloaded Ch2.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hey Dammed, loved your and Alorth's chapter 1 of Radiant, & I'm looking forward to chapter 2 (only couple of days now, yay!!).

Just a bit of friendly advice. I'm not a Dev myself, but I saw another Dev HopesGaming (who develops another game that I love "The DeLuca Family" which is also another great game) go through what you went through. Initially when he started developing his game, he gave out the ETAs in advance too.
But then, one to two of his updates, some personal circumstances came up that he just couldn't make the ETAs. Some of his fans understood, but some were angry with him saying he's not keeping his promise (Even though he gave good reasons to explain why he couldn't make it).

From then on HopesGaming (or Hopes, as DeLuca fandom often refers to him as) never gave out ETAs, until they were 5 days to about a week before they were really ready to be released.
Looking back, he said it was a learning experience & never again will he give out ETAs (in advance), until he's absolutely sure he can deliver and in quality.
And DeLuca fandom fully supports this. Whenever someone new complains about that game saying "Why isn't the Dev giving out the ETAs?" or "It's been ages since the last update", what you'll see from the fans typically say would be "Hopes doesn't give out ETAs for good reasons. Quality takes time. And as the saying goes, it will be ready when it's ready."

And it's rare to see Hopes deal with stress of meeting the ETAs that were made in advance (but that doesn't mean he slacks off either lol. He may not give advance ETAs anymore but he constantly gives progress updates regardless on his Patreon), nor does he need to defend his situation to some people about ETAs.

Thought it might be beneficial for you to take a page out of his book;).

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Hey Dammed, loved your and Alorth's chapter 1 of Radiant, & I'm looking forward to chapter 2 (only couple of days now, yay!!).

Just a bit of friendly advice. I'm not a Dev myself, but I saw another Dev HopesGaming (who develops another game that I love "The DeLuca Family" which is also another great game) go through what you went through. Initially when he started developing his game, he gave out the ETAs in advance too.
But then, one to two of his updates, some personal circumstances came up that he just couldn't make the ETAs. Some of his fans understood, but some were angry with him saying he's not keeping his promise (Even though he gave good reasons to explain why he couldn't make it).

From then on HopesGaming (or Hopes, as DeLuca fandom often refers to him as) never gave out ETAs, until they were 5 days to about a week before they were really ready to be released.
Looking back, he said it was a learning experience & never again will he give out ETAs (in advance), until he's absolutely sure he can deliver and in quality.
And DeLuca fandom fully supports this. Whenever someone new complains about that game saying "Why isn't the Dev giving out the ETAs?" or "It's been ages since the last update", what you'll see from the fans typically say would be "Hopes doesn't give out ETAs for good reasons. Quality takes time. And as the saying goes, it will be ready when it's ready."

And it's rare to see Hopes deal with stress of meeting the ETAs that were made in advance (but that doesn't mean he slacks off either lol. He may not give advance ETAs anymore but he constantly gives progress updates regardless on his Patreon), nor does he need to defend his situation to some people about ETAs.

Thought it might be beneficial for you to take a page out of his book;).
Hell yeah, thanks for the advice and Hopes is a good guy: he deserves the positive vibes. We actually more or less decided we would do just that since it seems a bit too difficult to give accurate estimations (if we were making small, incremental updates it probably wouldn't be, but a process that takes ~3 months comes with the caveat that a lot can happen in 3 months).

You'll notice in a few days here, after 2 is released, that we scrap the progress bar from our Patreon and we're definitely not going to give out any dates, not even expected or approximate ones. Though I can at least say not every update will take as long as this one did.

Also, in all fairness, we actually went silent here for that reason and we normally just communicate these things to patrons, but sometimes those posts get screenshotted and posted here... which is a problem because it comes without the context of previous statements made to our Patrons or in the Discord (where most of them reside).

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
No problem! I actually decided I will just add this option in anyway: it's easy to do and even if it's only 20-30 people who care about that, still worthwhile in my opinion. The poll was more genuine curiosity than the final determining factor.

One catch: while I may code this into the actual options menu at a later time, for now it will be a toggle option that's given at the start of the game. So you may need to start over and ctrl+skip/make the same choices in Ch1 after you've downloaded Ch2.
I'm happy to play through again :). Might even try some different choices.

If it later becomes an options menu item that's good too. Means people can change their minds. But for now, at the start works.

Abere Lucifer Productions

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
Damned-

I loved the first chapter. So far the game is a masterpiece. Do what you need to do to make the next perfect, even if it takes a little longer. Don't let all these trolls get you down. You're doing great work and things come up that are out of your control and you can't stop it. Quoting the famous like "Shit Happens." Take your time.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Damned-

I loved the first chapter. So far the game is a masterpiece. Do what you need to do to make the next perfect, even if it takes a little longer. Don't let all these trolls get you down. You're doing great work and things come up that are out of your control and you can't stop it. Quoting the famous like "Shit Happens." Take your time.
Thanks my dude! And don't worry. Alorth and I both know that this is the general consensus among the game's fans/appreciate y'all. I'll quote myself here:
...we don't really care about those ones. It's the people who genuinely enjoy the game/have genuine inquiries or concerns that we care about/feel bad for if we fuck up.

Leader7th

Dec 11, 2019
Thanks my dude! And don't worry. Alorth and I both know that this is the general consensus among the game's fans/appreciate y'all. I'll quote myself here:
Kinda unrelated to raident but did polarity game development stop while you were working on raident for these past months?

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Kinda unrelated to raident but did polarity game development stop while you were working on raident for these past months?
Not quite; and no worries (though I can't promise a mod won't delete our comments). When I started Polarity I was working a full-time job. After Radiant was a success I was able to quit that job, so I'm using the extra free time I have to develop Radiant/spending nearly the same amount of time on Polarity. I posted a progress update over there on the Polarity Patreon regarding where Ch5 is at in development not too long ago. Earlier this month, I believe.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes