sigterm

Feb 27, 2017
According to Alorth on Discord when asked if the release would be on the 2nd.

"It's possible but unliquely, I think that 3 november is more likelly if I don't overwork myself again.
right after SirD made that announcement I ended up in the hospital lol and I ended up losing 2 days in recovery and I'm on pain meds right now.
all the pressure didn't help I guess"

Dankmemer

Jul 15, 2017

"It's possible but unliquely, I think that 3 november is more likelly if I don't overwork myself again.
right after SirD made that announcement I ended up in the hospital lol and I ended up losing 2 days in recovery and I'm on pain meds right now.
these guys must be holding the record for ending up in the hospital over & over again

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
these guys must be holding the record for ending up in the hospital over & over again
Ive defended them so many times but even im pressing X to doubt everytime i hear one of their far fetched scenarios now which all seem to come back to back with one another. If they claim one of them gets kidnapped by Aliens i'd not be surprised at this point lol

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
They said August too
Latest information says this week. Pretty sure this has already been posted (It IS five days old now):

Hey again, everyone.
*eyes slowly drift to the date/time on the bottom-right of my screen...*
*sweating commences.*
I hope everyone's well, and wanted to let you know that we still think we'll be able to release the update *before* the month is over (aka, it's literally going to drop in a matter of days), but full disclosure: there's a small chance we will miss our deadline by ONE... MAYBE TWO days at the absolute MOST. If this happens, you'll be getting the update on the 1st, maybe the 2nd at the absolute latest.
The good news is: the wait is finally over, and the update is ready, save for a few last minute touches here and there which we're working on as we speak.
So you can consider this our official pre-release announcement.
In the meantime...I would appreciate a little feedback, if possible!
Throughout the game (moreso in the first chapter, less so in future ones), you'll notice a "choice" button appears that isn't actually a choice (since there's only one button and therefore no decision to actually be made).
While I know this can be annoying while playing with one hand... ;]
These are actually what I call "emphatic transitions," or "strategic pauses."
So for example when you're about to open a door to enter a new place for the first time, you'll sometimes get a single "choice" button with the words "Go Inside"
Or, you're lurking outside of the girls bedroom, and it's time to make your presence known... so you'll see the option to "Knock" on the door.
I also use this sometimes along with sex animations: an example of this is shown in Chapter One when we first sleep with Gracie; players are given a simple option: "Fuck Her," and we penetrate her for the first time.
With all of this in mind... what's your take on using these types of "choices," as transitions/pauses? Would you rather not be annoyed with the task of clicking the stupid button, or would you prefer the button stay there to accomplish the effect I'd intended?
FYI: If the feedback is split enough, I'll add the option to toggle this on/off, rather than removing it completely.
Thanks for the help!

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019

In all seriousness, if he really is feeling pressure (I can empathize with feeling stress with time and trying to finish an update) to that point, I hope he's ok. I know people can often joke about dev excuses - and I honestly don't know on this - but I hope he takes care of himself.

I get that people can be skeptical and dismissive after six months. I stopped supporting DeLuca because it took if I recall five or six or so months for an update. But then it improved, so hopefully this can too for 0.3. I don't know, he said in one comment that he wants to make something amazing...and maybe I'm gullible, but I really do believe it so I kind of have hope.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
The best course of action as a Dev is to Never commit to an update being out by a certain date. In this - there can never be an under-deliver or over-promise made. If a dev said that v3 of Radiant would be out in 2021, someone would be complaining on January 2nd, 2021 if it was not out.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
In all seriousness, if he really is feeling pressure (I can empathize with feeling stress with time and trying to finish an update) to that point, I hope he's ok. I know people can often joke about dev excuses - and I honestly don't know on this - but I hope he takes care of himself.

I get that people can be skeptical and dismissive after six months. I stopped supporting DeLuca because it took if I recall five or six or so months for an update. But then it improved, so hopefully this can too for 0.3. I don't know, he said in one comment that he wants to make something amazing...and maybe I'm gullible, but I really do believe it so I kind of have hope.
It's understandable to want to be perfect, but you gotta balance that. Otherwise scope creep, for lack of a better term, will keep you in build forever.

I honestly don't think all the yes men are helpful at all. Criticism can be constructive. That said I am just waiting on the third. They do seem confident in being close at least.

yudas51

Dec 25, 2019

The thing I am most sceptical about is the amount of renders Alorth says are in the update. It is not that I don't believe him, it is that at this point I really wonder why they use renpy, because all these renders take a ****load of space and in unity f.e. they could just do the animations natively and still put renders and animations. Also Damned wouldn't have to fight with the hassle that is python...

Fapmigo

Feb 21, 2020
The thing I am most sceptical about is the amount of renders Alorth says are in the update. It is not that I don't believe him, it is that at this point I really wonder why they use renpy, because all these renders take a ****load of space and in unity f.e. they could just do the animations natively and still put renders and animations. Also Damned wouldn't have to fight with the hassle that is python...
Thank god it's not on unity

danomator

Jan 21, 2020
release date is december 10
lol i don't wanna be THAT guy but well. that's like the 5th or more super duper confirmed release date by now starting friggin 3 month ago. it's gonna be released when it's released but what the devs say has like 0 value to me at this point. and if you look at this thread i'm not the only one whos trust and faith have been broken too many times with those "release" dates that have only been dates. i'm still hopeful that the quality of the update lives up to the hype created by the initial release and that it's large and good enough to justify the wait but i can't really take "confirmed" release dates serious anymore.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
lol i don't wanna be THAT guy but well. that's like the 5th or more super duper confirmed release date by now starting friggin 3 month ago. it's gonna be released when it's released but what the devs say has like 0 value to me at this point. and if you look at this thread i'm not the only one whos trust and faith have been broken too many times with those "release" dates that have only been dates. i'm still hopeful that the quality of the update lives up to the hype created by the initial release and that it's large and good enough to justify the wait but i can't really take "confirmed" release dates serious anymore.
They're lying. No one official has said December 10th. As far as we've been told, it'll be 2-3 more days. People in here at the moment are either lying, or making poor attempts at humour.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes