merin_aspic

Dec 24, 2018
I´m going to explain this situation from a mathematical perspective.

Probably all of you know what a Gaussian function is.

This is a typical Gaussian graph, totally symetric.

1604593903914.png

Let´s imagine a magnitude to measure, for example, men heigth. The graph shows how frequent a magnitude value is. So, 1.75 m height is right in the middle (well, about 2.1 m if you are from Denmark or Iceland LOL) because it´s exactly the average. Small people and very tall people are unfrequently, so both graph extremes are tiny.

The most important thing is that the integral of the entire curve is exactly 1. (obviously, the sum of all probabilities must be 1). The are more concepts to explain, like covariance, standard deviation etc. but it´s enough.

Well, now...this is the graph who shows the release date probability of Radiant CH2.

1_nWtHLtRTS3c3qLqEI8Gbqw.png

Almost the entire probability is accumulated on the right side, which means... future! How much time? Well... the probability becomes close to 1 when far to the future you look.

P.D: Please, It´s only a joke, nobody needs to get offended, I love this game and I´m waiting for the update. I can wait one, two days... or 1 month... My intention is only to make some jokes and take all of this with sense of humor.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I have one question about this game... Aside from the delays, missed due dates, etc.

Why did they call it "Radiant"? What about this storyline is particularly radiant?

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Nothing about the game is radiant tbh, but I'd assume the title is to be connected to the plot and not as a descriptive of the projects quality..
Polarity didn't seem to relate to the plot. I think that's just a SirD thing.

According to Discord the game is already in the hands of upper tier patrons. Someone also mentioned it already being leaked but I'm not sure where.

Reactions: MrFriendly

sourdohbread

Mar 14, 2020
This is by the same person who does polarity? What is it with devs and working on multiple things before finishing one??
In my opinion, when spending a long time on one project, especially creative ones, you can hit roadblocks or end up finding inspiration down different paths. In my experience, I find it easier to either take a break, or explore the new path so I don't burn out. I imagine if you combine this with monetization you should have a good recipe to capitalize from avoiding burnout.

• Red Heart
Reactions: LemonBasil

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
In my opinion, when spending a long time on one project, especially creative ones, you can hit roadblocks or end up finding inspiration down different paths. In my experience, I find it easier to either take a break, or explore the new path so I don't burn out. I imagine if you combine this with monetization you should have a good recipe to capitalize from avoiding burnout.
I would imagine in most cases involving a project you're being paid to do you cannot just take a break. Much less pursue a second paid project on the same time.

sourdohbread

Mar 14, 2020
I would imagine in most cases involving a project you're being paid to do you cannot just take a break. Much less pursue a second paid project on the same time.
For these devs specifically I feel they may have bitten off more than they could chew. Especially given world and personal events.

Outside of any dev statements about release schedule, none of their reward tiers nor their about section state any specific regular intervals for content updates. This ambiguity means they could wait until the game is completed and just follow their patron tier rewards, and everything is square. The problem is, if they go that route they could lose their supporters very quickly.

Realistically, it's better to provide updates when available, and keep people interested by dropping breadcrumbs when needed. From the perspective of the creativity burnout that brought us here, they're being paid to develop a game, with no guarantee on release date, nor even completion status.

So, whatever happens in the confines of that very ambiguous supporter-dev agreement is their prerogative, just like it's the supporter's prerogative to stop their support if they do not like how development is progressing.

I myself am fine with the progress being made, for now. And I'll pull my support when I am no longer.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes