sourdohbread

Mar 14, 2020
I find it amusing when he says "Testing doesn't take very long" when in his other game it was 5 weeks between when he started testing and the update was released.
How much do you personally know what is involved with the testing of either game? It could be hours for this one because he was satisfied with the results or there were no bugs, who knows. His other project could have run into any number of issues that caused the testing phase to extend. But it's easy to judge from a vacuum, isn't it?

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
How much do you personally know what is involved with the testing of either game? It could be hours for this one because he was satisfied with the results or there were no bugs, who knows. His other project could have run into any number of issues that caused the testing phase to extend. But it's easy to judge from a vacuum, isn't it?
The thing is we're not talking about a mission-critical project, with lots of variables and use cases that may come into play.
This is a quasi-linear game, with a couple of branches here and there. If things were done the right way, the final testing of such type of code shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. Different story if they find some issues with the renders, in that case, it may take much more time, but it doesn't seem to be it in this case.
So why do they need so much time to test it?

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I find it amusing when he says "Testing doesn't take very long" when in his other game it was 5 weeks between when he started testing and the update was released.
I've found out this last 2 months that there's no actual consistency on what they said, I mean there's a % of completion on their patreon page that means nothing so... just saying I wouldnt be surprised if a bus hit them as they compile the game, if you know what I mean

Sep 22, 2019
Theres no vacuum. They have missed several dates. There is just cause to believe they are either lying, or have no grasp of making a game. Common sense suggests the former. If they lied about making the game, they can lie about testing it.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I have one question about this game... Aside from the delays, missed due dates, etc.

Why did they call it "Radiant"? What about this storyline is particularly radiant?
This is just my theory. I think that 'Radiant' is related to Gracie and how the MC and Gracie had an amazing encounter after the start of a high school dance went badly for both of them. Radiant is how I would have remembered Gracie if I had suffered through all the hardship the MC went through with the accident and then recovery. We all need stars to watch in the night sky of our lives as we try to drive through to the better dawns. I think that Gracie was one of his stars, especially after his parents died.

sourdohbread

Mar 14, 2020
Theres no vacuum. They have missed several dates. There is just cause to believe they are either lying, or have no grasp of making a game. Common sense suggests the former. If they lied about making the game, they can lie about testing it.
Sure there is a vacuum. Short of the devs coming up for oxygen and letting us know anything, we have zero knowledge of the goings on from their side of things. They could be lying about making the game, they could be purposefully withholding the game to watch this community implode, they could have a complete game that they're intentionally delaying to maintain steady income, or an even bigger hypothesis / conspiracy theory; bear with me - they're humans who have to eat, sleep, etc and any issues that did arise during testing are being addressed as soon as able.

It could be any of those things, but we don't know, because when it comes to the inner workings of the dev team, we know jack other than inferences we can make based on prior history, which are flimsy at best. Not every dev team has a code wizard spitting lines of code like f95ers do complaints, not every project goes smoothly from start to finish, and sometimes people spread themselves too thin.

Anyone, please provide me a cogent argument that the devs are operating in bad faith that isn't as flimsy as due dates and progress bars, and I'll jump on the angry train with you, but facepalms only prove you have no counterpoint and are just angry because I don't share your views.

Sep 22, 2019
Sure there is a vacuum. Short of the devs coming up for oxygen and letting us know anything, we have zero knowledge of the goings on from their side of things. They could be lying about making the game, they could be purposefully withholding the game to watch this community implode, they could have a complete game that they're intentionally delaying to maintain steady income, or an even bigger hypothesis / conspiracy theory; bear with me - they're humans who have to eat, sleep, etc and any issues that did arise during testing are being addressed as soon as able.

It could be any of those things, but we don't know, because when it comes to the inner workings of the dev team, we know jack other than inferences we can make based on prior history, which are flimsy at best. Not every dev team has a code wizard spitting lines of code like f95ers do complaints, not every project goes smoothly from start to finish, and sometimes people spread themselves too thin.

Anyone, please provide me a cogent argument that the devs are operating in bad faith that isn't as flimsy as due dates and progress bars, and I'll jump on the angry train with you, but facepalms only prove you have no counterpoint and are just angry because I don't share your views.
It's simply far more probable that they are lying, than they have been by so many possible issues that they have been unable to even work on the game, at which point the estimations they have made have simply been wrong. There is absolutely a reason to doubt at this point. One of the devs claimed it would be done "unless they got hit by a bus". They then did not get hit by a bus, and the update was still not done. It's even far more likely that they just don't understand the amount of work required. But even if that is the case, we still should doubt their words when they announce dates.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
and sometimes people spread themselves too thin.
All you needed to write. Yet...Alorth managed to get the numerous animations for Perverteer done in time....so it would suggest the issue is not with Alorth...and sits solely with SirDamned. He is the one actually making the game in essence.

So that then leads to...no updates since forever for either of their original games (no issue to me...don't like either of them)...so with all this hit supposedly going on...is TFTUV going to be delayed next as Alorth doesn't have the time to help Perverteer....or again...is Alorth's work-flow just fine....and everything sits firmly at Damned's door? Let's face it...the most time consuming part of these VN's is the posing/lighting/rendering etc....not the code and writing (especially for a fairly simple linnear VN).

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020

Actually facepalms show your posts are inane.

Yes it is entirely possible to criticize the devs for taking 7 months for an update. Or for the justification being "a bad year".

No these aren't "conspiracy theories". Nor is this community "imploding".

Last edited:

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
All you needed to write. Yet...Alorth managed to get the numerous animations for Perverteer done in time....so it would suggest the issue is not with Alorth...and sits solely with SirDamned. He is the one actually making the game in essence.

So that then leads to...no updates since forever for either of their original games (no issue to me...don't like either of them)...so with all this hit supposedly going on...is TFTUV going to be delayed next as Alorth doesn't have the time to help Perverteer....or again...is Alorth's work-flow just fine....and everything sits firmly at Damned's door? Let's face it...the most time consuming part of these VN's is the posing/lighting/rendering etc....not the code and writing (especially for a fairly simple linnear VN).
Alorth said on Discord a new update for NP should be releasing within a month. That seems like a very quick timeframe so I would assume he has been working on that alongside Radiant.

Reactions: Game Bond

roadie1960

Feb 8, 2019
Bloody hell.........those people complaining about the next update taking so long are a true pain in the ass. Just wait for it to be released. Let dev. do his trick and if it takes him another month or 2.... so what!! The result is what counts and i am not in the slightest worried about the quality of it. No point in filling this thread with whining about it.

03abc

Oct 3, 2017

Let's face it...the most time consuming part of these VN's is the posing/lighting/rendering etc....not the code and writing (especially for a fairly simple linnear VN).
Are you suggesting that Alorth does only animations for Radiant? He does all art and Dammed does code, writing, first testing, social media.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes