FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
So, done with the latest update, impressions: What impresses me most isn't the already lauded renders or above-average storytelling, even though they are and have been very impressive from the start. No it's the professionalism of the whole thing. The music, the details, the cinematic developers' list at the end ... it's just so very professional. If they can keep up this level (and hopefully speed up the pace of updates a bit), at the end of it, this one might go down as the benchmark for erotic VNs. It's just a stuningly ambitious piece of work, and who doesn't applaud lofty ambitions? Yes, we all know they dangers of this as well, but honestly, whoever feels this is not worth their time and effort: I'm sure there's some soon-to-be-abandoned game translated into engrish with grainy renders and ugly characters that updates every second day for you.

ai...

May 30, 2019
The new update was alright. But I can't stand the random douchebag neighbor that shows up. The game makes no sense in that regard...

If a VW Beetle blocked me in my driveway demanding my Id and paperwork I'd immediately call the cops because that's not a cop. Even if he's an off duty cop he has no ability to pull anyone over when he's off the clock and he definitely has no right to harass someone on their private property. Here he is doing an illegal traffic stop, trespassing on private property, harassing a random civilian, then proceeds to take candid photos of the mc on his property. Why didn't the MC get the option to file a report against him in the update like you said he was going to be able to.

Honestly they need to just get rid of that random douchebag character and it would have been a pretty decent update.

Feb 15, 2019
In the country I live, we're convinced one county is filled with nothing but terrible drivers.
Even so, I don't think the MC's personal opinion mirrors the devs' own. I don't think you should worry.
I don't think it does, either. But in most top tiers, racism is called out. Like in "Acting Lessons", you get to beat the everloving shit out of Peter (Melissa's dad) for calling Liam the n-word. In another (I think "Lords of Imagination"), you can yell at a couple for calling MC's date an "oriental." If there was a character who make some crack about a greedy Jewish character or a black character who steals, I'd imagine that those kinds of comments would at least be discussed by the community. But since I got a couple of facepalm reactions, I guess that race jokes at the expense of Asians is considered more acceptable.

It doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the game, nor do I hold anything against the dev. I just wanted to bring it up.

Reactions: gregonzole

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
When I initially played 0.1, the game felt good. I'm not sure if I felt the same after playing 0.2. I'm a bit conflicted because there are a lot of good things in 0.2, but there are also bad things that didn't exist in 0.1.

I think the biggest problem with the game so far is that there are too many things happening, and I don't think the writing is good enough to tie them all up together nicely. So we ended up with a somewhat awkward situation now where we have a mix of a lot of good and also a lot of bad.

To go deeper, we can look at it this way:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I feel like the key theme here is that the dev wants to offer potential love interests that are not the three girls. But instead of writing it in a way where the MC get to interact with them to give them a reason to like the MC, the writing starts straight away with all the girls already liking him which makes it feel weird because we have no idea why it's happening.

And on top of that, Glenn is an extremely weird character. Do we need antagonist in the game? Maybe. But there needs to be a reason why the character is an antagonist for it to work. What we got so far is that he hated MC for the sports car and the house that used to belong to his grandpa. With all due respect to the dev, what in the bloody donut kind of reasoning is that? Surely MC paid money to buy the house and not just friggin steal the house from dude's grandpa, right? So why is he pissed off? And there's nothing illegal about owning a sports car whatsoever. It's also weird that Glenn hates MC for "intrusively large house" but that very same damn large house was his grandpa's ... like wtf is exactly the problem? Then not only that, Glenn apparently also has an intrusively large house of his own because he had no problem taking photo of MC's pool area from above the wall/fence.

I don't know ... I feel like the foundation of the game at 0.1 was really strong, but then it took a few completely wrong turn in 0.2 that now we're kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere. My half-empty glass thinks that it's going to be hard to steer this back onto the right track in 0.3.
I kinda sorta agree with some of this. I thought the update was pretty good except for maybe Glen.

I agree there are too many things happening too fast.

Like Natalie turning up on the same day as the girls. Why not any time in the last 8 or so years the guy has been out of a coma? Plus she looks way to young to the mom of 16+ year old that was killed 18 years ago. Obviously she didn't turn up earlier because plot, but she could have been introduced a few days or weeks after the girls. A bit of a plot inconsistency that she invited him for coffee, but then asked why he invited her.

The random waitress, well that's obviously just to get the lewd count up for the episode, right. How else would they have gotten a sex scene in unless it was another Gracie dream, which wouldn't have been right, or Brooke putting out after 1 date, which would have been out of character.

Brookes date was good, there was hinted attraction on the day of her interview, plus the MC asked himself about her that night, so no problem going out with her.

Nothing wrong with Mira, she's been crushing on him for a while from her thoughts, that was all her directing it at him.

Tiffany was weird, could be a ploy to get to Ellie but it seems this MC is cursed with magically good looks according to the waitress, not just the normal magical dick.

Glen was just unnecessary and silly but it seems his whole "beef" with the MC is because he's angry the MC is more successful then him. I got the impression the grandfathers house was demolished to make way for the MC's house, at least that's how I reasoned his bitching about the grand dads house and it being a big house, though nothing in the story mentions it. The MC should really have recorded Glen when he harassed him and been more assertive about him getting lost. After his comments about the girls, it's time for Glen to meet a bad end.

Still really enjoyed the update.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
This long for an update and I'm confused as fuck as to why the dialogue in this chapter can have it's own story twisted up. It dawned on me the split moment Natalie started acting like a cold bitch at the coffee shop. I'll put in spoiler as is appropriate:

:unsure:
Good catch.

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
Sooo....finally a decent update. Given the time it took and and the hype that was made about it, i was lucky, that i set my expectations not too high. It was ok and i enjoyed playing it. The Vanessa-scene was kinda weird. So was the creepy neighbour.

What was heartwarming, tho, was this:

c2k7.jpg

Oh, yeah, what really annoyed me was, that they got away with serving a T-Bone steak for a Ribeye. Hopefully the MC didn't have to pay for it.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
You should really delete Glenn from story....
Its not enjoyable bro.
We really could've done without him, like how can I enjoy the content now knowing that this creepy asshole is potentially watching my every move? I know every story needs some sort of conflict but Officer Dick isn't it.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020
I enjoyed the new update, although like several had mentioned previously, the VN is tossing love interests at you by the handful. Plus the addition of the "cop" seems forced so far. There's enough drama so far, having him jump onto the pile just seems a bit much right now.

I hope the writer has all this pre-written out, because there's a LOT of crossover and branching out with the choices presented in this update. Otherwise it may get a bit messy..

Other than that, the renders are great, and the triplets are adorable, even maddie with her popcorn eating, lol

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
The douchebag cop is the dead guys dad, right? obviously, or his character is just useless... He better not try to cuck me, luckily I don't see an NTR tag. Also, kind of annoyed that no matter what I did in the last scene, he still has that creepy look saying, "I got you, cunt". Options felt useless.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
So, done with the latest update, impressions: What impresses me most isn't the already lauded renders or above-average storytelling, even though they are and have been very impressive from the start. No it's the professionalism of the whole thing. The music, the details, the cinematic developers' list at the end ... it's just so very professional. If they can keep up this level (and hopefully speed up the pace of updates a bit), at the end of it, this one might go down as the benchmark for erotic VNs. It's just a stuningly ambitious piece of work, and who doesn't applaud lofty ambitions? Yes, we all know they dangers of this as well, but honestly, whoever feels this is not worth their time and effort: I'm sure there's some soon-to-be-abandoned game translated into engrish with grainy renders and ugly characters that updates every second day for you.
I just like a coherant and logical plot. Did we even play the same VN? Pretty sure we didn't at all....

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
I just like a coherant and logical plot. Did we even play the same VN? Pretty sure we didn't at all....
Pretty sure we did. Imagine if you just watched the first 20 min of Inception and then stopped (obviously no comparisons otherwise), how much of the story would feel coherent and logical? Let's give a few more updates before deciding the story is incoherent.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
The douchebag cop is the dead guys dad, right? obviously, or his character is just useless... He better not try to cuck me, luckily I don't see an NTR tag. Also, kind of annoyed that no matter what I did in the last scene, he still has that creepy look saying, "I got you, cunt". Options felt useless.
There will be no NTR.

Dev notes in OP.
We don't include NTR in any of our games... it's just not something that interests us. Sorry!

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
This long for an update and I'm confused as fuck as to why the dialogue in this chapter can have it's own story twisted up. It dawned on me the split moment Natalie started acting like a cold bitch at the coffee shop. I'll put in spoiler as is appropriate:

:unsure:
Yeah...called terrible writing...despite that some think Damned is the next godamn Shaksespear or Bronte. Plus, how the hell did their so-called trusted 'testers' miss this crap? There are still glaring errors in ep1 also.

I kinda sorta agree with some of this. I thought the update was pretty good except for maybe Glen.

I agree there are too many things happening too fast.

Like Natalie turning up on the same day as the girls. Why not any time in the last 8 or so years the guy has been out of a coma? Plus she looks way to young to the mom of 16+ year old that was killed 18 years ago. Obviously she didn't turn up earlier because plot, but she could have been introduced a few days or weeks after the girls. A bit of a plot inconsistency that she invited him for coffee, but then asked why he invited her.

The random waitress, well that's obviously just to get the lewd count up for the episode, right. How else would they have gotten a sex scene in unless it was another Gracie dream, which wouldn't have been right, or Brooke putting out after 1 date, which would have been out of character.

Brookes date was good, there was hinted attraction on the day of her interview, plus the MC asked himself about her that night, so no problem going out with her.

Nothing wrong with Mira, she's been crushing on him for a while from her thoughts, that was all her directing it at him.

Tiffany was weird, could be a ploy to get to Ellie but it seems this MC is cursed with magically good looks according to the waitress, not just the normal magical dick.

Glen was just unnecessary and silly but it seems his whole "beef" with the MC is because he's angry the MC is more successful then him. I got the impression the grandfathers house was demolished to make way for the MC's house, at least that's how I reasoned his bitching about the grand dads house and it being a big house, though nothing in the story mentions it. The MC should really have recorded Glen when he harassed him and been more assertive about him getting lost. After his comments about the girls, it's time for Glen to meet a bad end.
All of this and more.

Might not be popular or polite, but if devs want to work on multiple projects at a time, they should be willing to put up with the shtick of people complaining about update times.

I really don't think the deserve to be "let off" because of that.
Been saying this for a long time now. 100% completely and utterly agree. Their own fault.

Pretty sure we did. Imagine if you just watched the first 20 min of Inception and then stopped (obviously no comparisons otherwise), how much of the story would feel coherent and logical? Let's give a few more updates before deciding the story is incoherent.
Read all the above. Pretty sure we didn't...or one of us played it while doing something else and didn't pay attention ;) None of the above is a sign of professionalism. The only professional thing is the artwork and that's all Alorth. Everything else currently is....well...there's far, far better around.

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
We really could've done without him, like how can I enjoy the content now knowing that this creepy asshole is potentially watching my every move? I know every story needs some sort of conflict but Officer Dick isn't it.
I'm happy to see lots of people thinking exactly like me. I hope this will give some thoughs to DEV delete this guy from game...

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes