Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
still theres unneccesary drama to rile readers up. the development between the female characters and the mc is deep enough already, theres no need for an enemy.
Indeed there isn't, but we're stuck with it and we just have to see how it plays out, but I've been assured that it will not be as bad any of us might think and it will not take focus off the girls but that there is a purpose to it within the story.

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
Well making that antagonist "not as bad as we might think" would kinda make him even more of a joke, because as off now it looks pretty grim with him. If this doesn't turn really grim with old grumpy pants it really begs the question why was he introduced in that manor at all :p But we shall see. Summer 2021 ;d

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Well making that antagonist "not as bad as we might think" would kinda make him even more of a joke, because as off now it looks pretty grim with him. If this doesn't turn really grim with old grumpy pants it really begs the question why was he introduced in that manor at all :p But we shall see. Summer 2021 ;d
It's not that he won't be as bad we think, as I'm sure he'll still be a douche, but whatever the worst things you can think of that might happen because of him probably won't happen, and what exactly his role is is the big question, but that's the point.

Also, just think about the picture he took; all it shows is a daughter kissing her father. Not exactly a smoking gun there. He'll probably try to use that as "evidence" to bring the MC up on bogus charges and it will get dismissed out of hand. I woudn't be surprised if we meet one of his colleagues who tells the MC that he and other cops also think Glen is a douche and giving the MC an ally against him.

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
I know what you mean, but the whole premise of his introduction was kinda a bad as it can get, some angry grumpy pants that does whatever it takes to get his will. Whatever that might be.

I'm just saying that if he doesn't turn out as bad as he seems to be, he might become quite the joke ^^

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I sincerely hope the story doesn't change and the devs keep it as they originally intended cause this thread will be an unending source of amusement.
And what was the original intent, exactly? None of us really know where this story is intended to go, but just because it gave off relatively wholesome, romantic vibes with a bit of heavy emotional drama in the first chapter doesn't mean that's the tone it was always going to have. Other games have started by making you think it's going to go one way, but it goes elsewhere because you can't always judge a game based on its first version just like you can't judge a book by it cover.

There will be plenty of sweet, wholesome, romantic moments in this game according to SirD, but it's not going to be this 100% of the time.

Any estimated date when v0.3 will be out?
Should be quicker than this one. All things going well, could be 3-4 months.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
And what was the original intent, exactly? None of us really know where this story is intended to go, but just because it gave off relatively wholesome, romantic vibes with a bit of heavy emotional drama in the first chapter doesn't mean that's the tone it was always going to have. Other games have started by making you think it's going to go one way, but it goes elsewhere because you can't always judge a game based on its first version just like you can't judge a book by it cover.

There will be plenty of sweet, wholesome, romantic moments in this game according to SirD, but it's not going to be this 100% of the time.

Should be quicker than this one. All things going well, could be 3-4 months.
i meant whatever they decided it was going to be their story their vision and if people don't like it well......

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
hat exactly his role is is the big question, but that's the point.
right now its clear he's going to be a cock blocking, meddling roadblock. though without the incest patch half of it might not even make sense when theyre legal.

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
I didn't say that this will be the case, only that it could be based on a comment by SirD on Discord that. " people thought a certain villain character in Polarity would be around forever and they weren't, " so perhaps they were hinting that it wouldn't be as bad as people think, and in fact they've even said it won't be as bad as people think.
See! Right there you said it again. I strongly suggest you actually play Polarity.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So making the claim that they weren't around forever isn't accurate they have been an Antagonist since the first release and are still the Antagonist at large.
Can you see how that's not very reassuring to people? The statement itself is false.

Never said it's perfect and I acknowledge the faults where they are, but since we're only about 1% of the way through the story, it has plenty of time to get better and " I don't see the need to bash it so aggressively when it's barely even begun. " Plus, there are truly awful games out there, both in terms or renders and story, and this is nowhere close to being anything like those games despite some people here trying to make it seem like it is.
I don't think people voicing highly legitimate concerns is aggressively bashing. This is more of a matter of prospective and given the direction release 1 went, the very release that was so popular it's only natural that release 2 given the 180 in direction from a lighthearted family reunion where a father and his daughters come together after a traumatic past into a Pervy neighbor cop vowing to take you down and the additional women whom are basically only there so you can fuck someone while waiting on the slow burn with your daughters.

SirD is already very familiar with backlash. His last update to his Polarity game caused a lot of it. From what I've heard it wasn't the first time either. What I've learned through it is, he simply doesn't care what others think about his direction.

Now they have a choice own up and attempt at making it better. Making it better keeping in mind the backlash moving forward being careful not to have too much pointless drama, or removing Glenn completely and finding new solutions, or stubbornly plow through it hoping that once he displays his intentions with the story that people are going to somehow forget how faulty poorly written plot for this specific Arc was to begin with.

Forcing a Glenn blackmail Arc, isn't going to make me appreciate anything in the futute. It's only going to annoy me as he pokes and pokes here and there obnoxiously for several updates.

It isn't immersing, one call to a lawyer and problem indefinitely solved. Glenn would no longer credible when it involves MC becauseof personal biased and no police department is going to waste all of it's budgets fighting lawsuits to defend an officer who's throwing a temper tantrum. This completely lack immersion and pull you out of the story because you literally got to stop reading and say out loud, "what the fuck did I just read?"

Anyways at the end of this long winded rant. I just wanted to say that I defended this game on the Polarity thread. So I'm taking it harder. I'll admit that. Everyone over there said he was going to pull the same shit here and I told them he wouldn't, these are completely different games. They didn't even have the same vibe to them. Well now I was wrong in every way.

If this game continues in this direction, I garentee you there will be a massive walk away from this project and I know and understand that you agree with us on a lot of things, and that you just want everyone to wait and see, you're hoping for the best. All I'm hoping to achieve is to get you to see that there is a very good chance we won't get that outcome you're expecting. It's a great game, it has a lot going for it, it can still turn into a master piece, but not if the devs continue to walk with their eyes shut. And from experiences from the past I can only assume that's exactly what's going to happen.

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
And i believe Bacchus meant him being in every other scene
That would be even more of a reason that it's a pointless defense. I don't think anyone ever that Glenn was going to be in every scene or every update. That's why I refer to his entire plot line as an Arc. His Arc is going to be annoying no matter how it is spaced out and lack immersion for the sake of drama. But the game already has a good amount of Drama.

Reactions: juan palote

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
I think I will be giving this a rest for awhile.
I really do enjoy the devs other works but this just isn't working for me.
Cliffhanger to another cliffhanger with months in between each. Aside from the cliffhangers, not much in the development of the characters or any movement at all. I get it that it's still in the introductory stage so I am going to wait.
I will drop back in after several more updates.
Lol I was going to say after several months but...

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Indeed there isn't, but we're stuck with it and we just have to see how it plays out, but I've been assured that it will not be as bad any of us might think and it will not take focus off the girls but that there is a purpose to it within the story.
I have to admit I was thinking of this game as more of a dating sim but then Dammed added in officer "nosey neighbor violation of privacy dick" and my waning interest cooled even further. I like this game, ignoring the length of time between updates, the shortness of updates, and the MC who must look like Chris Hemsworth (considering the number of women who immediately find him irresistable). But the addition of officer Dick makes me less happy. I don't care if he's only in the game for half of it, he is unnecessary.

Well making that antagonist "not as bad as we might think" would kinda make him even more of a joke, because as of now it looks pretty grim with him. If this doesn't turn really grim with old grumpy pants it really begs the question why was he introduced in that manner at all :p But we shall see. Summer 2021 ;d
Yeah, I like and dislike having an antagonist in this game. I really expected more of a dating sim but at the same time considering Dammed's writing in polarity I should have expected that it would have to have a villain. I really felt like it made more sense for Natalie's ex-husband to be an "Ukrainian" crime lord who wants the MC dead or something like that.

It's not that he won't be as bad we think, as I'm sure he'll still be a douche, but whatever the worst things you can think of that might happen because of him probably won't happen, and what exactly his role is is the big question, but that's the point.

Also, just think about the picture he took; all it shows is a daughter kissing her father. Not exactly a smoking gun there. He'll probably try to use that as "evidence" to bring the MC up on bogus charges and it will get dismissed out of hand. I woudn't be surprised if we meet one of his colleagues who tells the MC that he and other cops also think Glen is a douche and giving the MC an ally against him.
Which equates to a lot of wasted time and the plot/relationships not progressing while the MC is dealing with that nonsense. But I expect that it will be worse than that, I don't see Dammed adding in someone as a comic relief antagonist or that is quickly negated. I just would rather that the game either have no antagonist or it not be the MC's neighbor/cop who has a grudge against the MC because the MC has such a large house and has 3 daughters. IMO just a weak antagonist which is a waste of development time.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Considering how pathetic this MC is Glen will blackmail us with some lame shit and we will just go with it like the beta he has shown himself to be.
What he have to do to qualify as an alpha to you? I mean the player decides what kind person he is

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Yeah, I like and dislike having an antagonist in this game. I really expected more of a dating sim but at the same time considering Dammed's writing in polarity I should have expected that it would have to have a villain. I really felt like it made more sense for Natalie's ex-husband to be an "Ukrainian" crime lord who wants the MC dead or something like that.
Isn't there supposed to be dark path in this? Maybe the cop plays into that....uh somehow

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
I kinda hope Natalie isn't an actual Love Interest because that would be kinda...weird. I kinda would like her to be a strict friend character who maybe is some sort of mob wife and helps you against our lovely cop there.
Just please don't make her a LI o_o Nothing would justify that.

Reactions: Phantom of Nerima
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes