Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
If negative reaction is not justification for removal, what is?

Dev: *Puts something out.* Enjoy!
Audience: We all like this, but hate this part.
Dev: Well too bad, I'm going to keep putting that part you hate in.
Audience: *Confused unsubscription noises*
This could happen and maybe have already happened with a few patrons, but to unsubscribe from something you will have to be subscribed first, and in this thread most of the critics play it for free, so... :ROFLMAO:
And IIRC in their Discord (where many of their patrons participates) the conclusion was reached to keep his character despite all the controversy and criticism that he has generated. So those "*Confused unsubscription noises*" don't exist atm or at least are clearly a minority.

• Angry
Reactions: BTLD

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
This could happen and maybe have already happened with a few patrons, but to unsubscribe from something you will have to be subscribed first, and in this thread most of the critics play it for free, so... :ROFLMAO:
And IIRC in their Discord (where many of their patrons participates) the conclusion was reached to keep his character despite all the controversy and criticism that he has generated. So those "*Confused unsubscription noises*" don't exist atm or at least are clearly a minority.
Question...where did you get your data from to sustain your claims?

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
Question...where did you get your data from to sustain your claims?
I have nothing to sustain it (actually yes, the number of patrons is increasing since ch.2 came out instead of decreasing) but in this forum most people play the games for free (me included), this is taken for granted. And it's true that saying that ignoring negative reactions could decrease the support for the game, ok, but depends on which criticism you are ignoring. In their discord (where the number of patrons involvement increases considerably compared to this thread) the same thing has happened as here: controversy and discussions about the addition of the cop, but in Discord was reached a more or less generalized conclusion that they should keep the cop in the story while here on multiple occasions I have read that they should remove him "because of yes".

And seriously, saying that the cop should be taken out of the story simply because they don't want him to be or because "it doesn't add anything to the plot" (even though we don't know what will happen yet because he has only been introduced), to me that's the typical whine of this community plenty of freeloaders.

I don't like the cop either, and with the little/nothing we know about the story, it currently seems to me that he has been added just for the sake of having an antagonist, but from there to demanding that he should be removed from the story without knowing what the devs want to tell is ridiculous.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I have nothing to sustain it (actually yes, the number of patrons is increasing since ch.2 came out instead of decreasing) but in this forum most people play the games for free (me included), this is taken for granted. And it's true that saying that ignoring negative reactions could decrease the support for the game, ok, but depends on which criticism you are ignoring. In their discord (where the number of patrons involvement increases considerably compared to this thread) the same thing has happened as here: controversy and discussion about the addition of the cop, but in Discord was reached a more or less generalized conclusion that they should keep the cop in the story while here on multiple occasions I have read that they should remove him "because of yes".

And seriously, saying that the cop should be taken out of the story simply because they don't want him to be or because "it doesn't add anything to the plot" (even though we don't know what will happen yet because he has only been introduced), to me that's the typical whine of this community plenty of freeloaders.

I don't like the cop either, and with the little/nothing we know about the story, it currently seems to me that he has been added just for the sake of having an antagonist, but from there to demanding that he should be removed from the story without knowing what the devs want to tell is ridiculous.
sooooo...there's no actual data that can back up your claims?
Okay.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hey if you still want to believe they're losing support for keeping the cop in the story, go ahead. I've said all I have to say.
All I'm saying is you're making some claims based on nothing...that's all
If you want to believe you are right sure go ahead...doesn't mean you are ...
I've said all I have to say.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Oh people are still debating if Glenn should be removed? I agree that the character is annoying as fuck and it's not really needed, but they will not remove it. Best case scenario the mc deals with him pretty fast and he stops being an issue, but the character will stay around for a while.

Reactions: Holy Bacchus

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
I mean, you also kinda made a claim. Although yours does seem to have more substance to it than theirs', you can't really use F95 as the majority especially when, as they said, most people here aren't supporting the games.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I mean, you also kinda made a claim. Although yours does seem to have more substance to it than their's, you can't really use F95 as the majority especially when, as they said, most people here aren't supporting the games.
Don't remember making a claim...
If you are reffering to " If you want to believe you are right sure go ahead...doesn't mean you are ... " that's not a claim that's me telling he can choose to believe what he wants .
The message was more like if you can't back up your claims ( for topics like what he mentioned ) don't make them since you & I can't know the truth exactly , that's basically for the dev to say .

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
Don't remember making a claim...
If you are reffering to " If you want to believe you are right sure go ahead...doesn't mean you are ... " that's not a claim that's me telling he can choose to believe what he wants .
The message was more like if you can't back up your claims ( for topics like what he mentioned ) don't make them since you & I can't know the truth exactly , that's basically for the dev to say .
Ah, nvm. That was someone else.

My bad.

• Love

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
And the best part is that there's no danger of NTR.
Exactly. This is not something SirD or Alorth are interested in at all.

I suspect that they might take criticism better if not for the fact that so much of it is "you did everything wrong" with a list of perceived problems at least some of which are minor, and some of which are, in my view, imaginary, and others are matters of personal opinion not shared by every player.

If the devs were to change everything that has been complained about here they'd have to throw out most of the update and do episode two again almost from scratch. Which, never mind how ridiculous that is - would then lead to endless complaints about how long it was taking to get episode 3.

I do have concerns about the cop as a character and I hope they take criticism on board and make him a worthwhile addition and not just an antagonist for the sake of an antagonist. But expecting them to listen to the ranting here when so much of it is way overly harsh is asking too much. I've said it before: if I was a developer and this was the kind of feedback I was getting I'd tell many of these pirates to go **** themselves and never come back to this thread.
Yeah, as much as I would like a more focused game that is triplet-centric with a bit of Brooke and Natalie on the side, doing this would require a lot of time and not only would that delay this game further, but they also have their own games they need to worry about too so they can't really afford to spend time on a revamp of chapter 2 and the whole plan for the game.

Best thing is to just keep moving forward and iron things out as they go.

So Vanessa is ringing all sorts of warnings with me...like Leah from Acting Lessons warnings.
Well, considering that SirD has said on Discord that they absolutely despise AL for exactly that reason, you can rest assured that there's no danger with her.

Oh people are still debating if Glenn should be removed? I agree that the character is annoying as fuck and it's not really needed, but they will not remove it. Best case scenario the mc deals with him pretty fast and he stops being an issue, but the character will stay around for a while.
This would be ideal and could very well be what SirD has been hinting at.

Reactions: Hordragg

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018

Given the reaction, now is the time to take him out purely because it's the easiest. Remove 1 scene and a couple renders in a second scene and it's done. In 2 or 3 updates if they realise oh shit the people where right this is ruining the story, it's way more work to deal with it then.

I'd prefer he was removed, but I don't think he has to be removed. My biggest issue is in the manner and timing of his introduction. But then I have the same issue with Natalie. Too much too soon.

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
My "claims based on nothing".

- F95 is mostly a pirate community... There is not much to say about this xD
- Many of their patrons participate in their Discord... This is also true because of the ranks the devs give to the people who support them financially.
- In their Discord a consensus was reached: that despite everything they are in favor of keeping the policeman in the story... Well, the discussion is there for anyone who wants to read it.
- Here in the pirate community, and from what I've been reading these days, the conclusion is the opposite.

Having said that, are you sure that I'm making some claims based on nothing on saying that it is foolish to think that the devs will lose support by "ignoring" those who want the cop out of the story, as KnightoftheWhiteSun was trying to say with his "*Confused unsubscription noises*" joke?

And I'm really tired of reading discussions about Glenn so I'll stop, but come on the devs aren't going to lose any support for that decision, in fact their income is increasing since the update came out (obviously not thanks of the cop xD but making it clear that his addition doesn't affect the potential patrons at all).

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Well, considering that SirD has said on Discord that they absolutely despise AL for exactly that reason, you can rest assured that there's no danger with her.
That's comforting, that game made me swear off anything further from the creator. Guess it's just the regular sticking ones dick in crazy then.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
My "claims based on nothing".

- F95 is mostly a pirate community... There is not much to say about this xD
- Many of their patrons participate in their Discord... This is also true because of the ranks the devs give to the people who support them financially.
- In their Discord a consensus was reached: that despite everything they are in favor of keeping the policeman in the story... Well, the discussion is there for anyone who wants to read it.
- Here in the pirate community, and from what I've been reading these days, the conclusion is the opposite.

Having said that, are you sure that I'm making some claims based on nothing on saying that it is foolish to think that the devs will lose support by "ignoring" those who want the cop out of the story, as KnightoftheWhiteSun was trying to say with his "*Confused unsubscription noises*" joke?

And I'm really tired of reading discussions about Glenn so I'll stop, but come on the devs aren't going to lose any support for that decision, in fact their income is increasing since the update came out (obviously not thanks of the cop xD but making it clear that his addition doesn't affect the potential patrons at all).
Like I said ....you have no data for your claims...and it seems to me you are just trying to get some attention ....
1.F95 is a mostly pirate community and yet alot of the users are also subscribers to different devs....so again you're argument is almost non existent..
2."Many of their patrons participate in their Discord" - so if you're not on discord you are not a patreon?right....great logic there...
3.....so?what does this have to do with people subscribing/unsubscribing... agaiin go back to point 1&2
4. I have a different opinion than you therefore I must not be a subscriber right?are you okay mate?

Again...no data to back up your claims...please stop...

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
Given the reaction, now is the time to take him out purely because it's the easiest. Remove 1 scene and a couple renders in a second scene and it's done. In 2 or 3 updates if they realise oh shit the people where right this is ruining the story, it's way more work to deal with it then.

I'd prefer he was removed, but I don't think he has to be removed. My biggest issue is in the manner and timing of his introduction. But then I have the same issue with Natalie. Too much too soon.
Yeah it should be easy to remove him now, but they don't want to because they don't want to change the original script they have in mind, and in discord many of their patrons are in favor of keeping him even though almost nobody liked his addition so that's it. And I'm with all of you, I don't want him in the story but hey if he has to be... bad luck for us.

Like I said ....you have no data for your claims...and it seems to me you are just trying to get some attention ....
1.F95 is a mostly pirate community and yet alot of the users are also subscribers to different devs....so again you're argument is almost non existent..
2."Many of their patrons participate in their Discord" - so if you're not on discord you are not a patreon?right....great logic there...
3.....so?what does this have to do with people subscribing/unsubscribing... agaiin go back to point 1&2
4. I have a different opinion than you therefore I must not be a subscriber right?are you okay mate?

Again...no data to back up your claims...please stop...
Ok mate this is not going to lead anywhere so let's stop because we both have totally different opinions and this discussion will surely be eliminated for OT

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Well, from spending some time on Discord, it's clear that they won't be changing course. It's also a bit of an echo chamber too where there's not a great deal of criticism and feedback and the one section that's quite active right now is derailed frequently with off-topic stuff and emoji dumps.
This is sad to hear. Not that i was expecting them to change much, but at least the cop crap should be reviewed. Release 1 storywise was so good, and pointed into a clear direction of a story that was interesting by itself, and then Release 2 comes, story quality goes down and the cop crap is introduced... and please dont try to claim that he wont be important, he is the release 2 cliffhanger for a reason...

Anyway, i will keep playing the game but i wont be looking forward to it and its off the list of possible support already, glad than i waited for more than one release before supporting it.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
On thing is for sure. Despite all the criticism for this update, this game is popular. I mean 260 pages and it's only on the 2nd release. Lots of people are interested.

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes