Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Is there a consistent schedule or is it take updates as they come?

I don't mind waiting, I'm just honestly curious.
No consistent schedule as of now - neither announced nor from experience (so far only one update, which took close to 8 months and is already a couple of months ago as we speak write.)

Reactions: CorruptKing
Jul 22, 2017
I am wondering if they update it by chapter or something because if it is done by chapter then that is understandable. Each chapter could take different amount's of time with the art, music, writing, animation, and the programming of the game not to mention the making sure there's no bugs and typos.

Daddy4u

Apr 18, 2019
So November update then? If we're lucky. Don't hold your breath, it's a great game but I was a sub for a while and I sorta felt like I was being taken for a ride. I'll pay the subscription again when the next update is out, but no way I'm going to keep throwing money at something that I have no faith I'll see updates in any timeframe sooner than a year if that. Pretty sure any other dev may have gotten an abandoned tag by now.
Updates that take forever and are small, not much bigger than a midlife crisis update maybe 2x the size of a normal update and those come out every month. It's really too bad bc this game could make the dev boatloads if they were serious about it.

cjdm

May 23, 2020
I am wondering if they update it by chapter or something because if it is done by chapter then that is understandable.
They do the updates by chapter, but what aggravated a lot of individuals and funders on this board was the transparency and delay after delay with vague correspondence after they set their own initial deadline of 3-4 months per chapter. Had the developers come on here and simply stated that they needed a few weeks/months after not meeting their deadline; to reorganize, restructure, plan, or simply "hey all, we took a break this week," there wouldn't have been so many sharpened pitchforks.

Instead, for some reason, they kept saying "Ch. 2 will be ready next month FOR SURE!" ... for five months... thinking the strategy would pay off by resetting the clock with another vague message about 'hope.' That brewed a ton of toxicity, so much that this comment section would probably be extending into its 800th page had it not been for moderators coming in here and cleaning up a majority of the messages. So, unfortunately, now there's absolutely no updates on F95 between developers and fans, instead they only post updates to SS or Patreon, behind the glorious paywall.

Here's the thing though, despite everything that I have said... I love this game. Waiting 8-9 months for Ch 2. was a bit irritating, but it was a great chapter in my opinion with 1-2 hours of content, depending on how you play, with good writing, choices, renders, sound, etc. At least something positive came out of it. If Chapter 2 took them 8-9 months, Chapter 3 will probably take them the same amount of time, if not longer. So after 4ish months, I would say we're halfway there. Perhaps tomorrow, one week, or in another month or two, I will see that Chapter 3 is released and it will be a little surprise. However, I have learned with these developers to not hold my breath, but that can change.

Yoda said it best:

"Waiting with blue-balls leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate... leads to suffering." - Yoda, probably.

And boy... I'll tell ya.... my balls were suffering after 8 months.

Anyways, I'm just here to state some facts, not to stir the pot and create chaos. The intent of this message is to tell some newcomers that they might have to wait a bit for the next update.

Chapter 3 should be great if they can keep delivering this quality of content.

Cheers boys.

intubos

Jan 27, 2020
I just hope they include more of the Triplets next update. Not that I'm adamantly against side character stuff, since that stuff is par for the course in VNs like these, but I don't go to a Chinese buffet to get the chicken fingers if you know what I mean.

Reactions: SenPC and Duke Leo

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I just hope they include more of the Triplets next update. Not that I'm adamantly against side character stuff, since that stuff is par for the course in VNs like these, but I don't go to a Chinese buffet to get the chicken fingers if you know what I mean.
As long as I can serve up the PI for the buffet.
Next update when ??
FFS, wait like the rest of us. RK has stopped even giving ETAs because of the fallout from 0.2.
And iirc, they've stopped checking these forums because self-entitled people got salty, whiny and toxic.

MrDeos

Dec 4, 2018
So November update then? If we're lucky. Don't hold your breath, it's a great game but I was a sub for a while and I sorta felt like I was being taken for a ride. I'll pay the subscription again when the next update is out, but no way I'm going to keep throwing money at something that I have no faith I'll see updates in any timeframe sooner than a year if that. Pretty sure any other dev may have gotten an abandoned tag by now.
Updates that take forever and are small, not much bigger than a midlife crisis update maybe 2x the size of a normal update and those come out every month. It's really too bad bc this game could make the dev boatloads if they were serious about it.
Is it worth paying for the wallpapers?

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
My apologies for being new. :rolleyes:

That said, as a new fan, you have my sympathies.
Honestly we have far too little data. The game came out. The first update (ver 0.2) was delayed due to a series of personal issues experienced by the 2 people making it.

They each have other work but there seems to be talk of putting more emphasis on Radiant dues to response and subs.

But they also do not like the idea of small frequent updates. So they want to make updates that have some scenes to them. The release of ver 0.3 and going forward will tell us more. Also you are not going to see them here as they used to come to this thread but the trolls were legion. Discord has some info but also a lot of discord-esque chatter and nonsense. We had a sub who reposted some info from SS here so you can look for that from time to time.

Hope that helps and welcome to the fan group.

CorruptKing

Sep 12, 2020
Honestly we have far too little data. The game came out. The first update (ver 0.2) was delayed due to a series of personal issues experienced by the 2 people making it.

They each have other work but there seems to be talk of putting more emphasis on Radiant dues to response and subs.

But they also do not like the idea of small frequent updates. So they want to make updates that have some scenes to them. The release of ver 0.3 and going forward will tell us more. Also you are not going to see them here as they used to come to this thread but the trolls were legion. Discord has some info but also a lot of discord-esque chatter and nonsense. We had a sub who reposted some info from SS here so you can look for that from time to time.

Hope that helps and welcome to the fan group.
Thank you for the welcome.

4.30 star(s) 270 Votes