Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I never understand how you can give "content time" for that reason: in almost every type of game it will completely depend more on the players. I guess it is just a way trying to have some objective facts to measure update quality. But like with renders alone, or lines of dialogue, it does not measure "quality" at all (which is somewhat subjective anyway). It would be easy to create a looooooong update by having a character monologue about the health effects of different foods or why Wikipedia is not to be trusted (both real examples from games on F95, one from a game I consider really good otherwise, one from a game I consider extremely shitty) but it would not be the same as using the same time for meaningful character development.
*nods* I get this. Estimated times don't always pan out in the way we'd hope.
I know some people read faster than others while others try to put a voice on dialogue in their heads. Doesn't change that there's a legion of people that seem to do nought but complain like they have dominion on the opinions of others.
Finding the right balance between dialogue and renders is always a tricky thing to accomplish.

What two games are you referring to, btw?

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Only games associated with devs with a horrible work ethic and shady practices get 175+ 5* reviews on a proof of concept version basically (0.2) on this site. There are devs whom maintain a regular schedule of update with great communication with the players, including listing polls and ideas to get feedback, and receive only 5% of what the devs here receive. Honestly, this is karma in my opinion, and I hope the next version never comes out.

Gammatroni

Jan 8, 2020
Generally game is great, overall 8/10 but... I'm not sure how this story wil continue but if the storyline will continue as it is it means about 2 in game days in 1 year, so in 5 years we will get to go thru whole 12 days in game? Sounds great so far...

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes