Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Enjoying the game, but the whole hate filled cop next door harassing for no reason and spying on the MC seems a little too contrived to me. Other than that, the game is enjoyable and looking forward to more.
Join the club. Most people on this thread have those very same sentiments.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I share your opinion, but there are 1061 patrons who don't care about that, nor about the fact that between chapters it takes forever. :D
Ehm, I think you misread the post you were quoting. We were talking about one character we don't like. If I don't buy games where there's something in them I don't like, I don't buy games. Same with Patreon support. Of course, it may be too bad, or the straw that breaks the camels back, but generally that wouldn't be an issue.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
No one likes the cop. That's kind of the point though. He is a character you are supposed to hate.

He is not needed of course. There is drama in other places.

Longer term fans of Sir Damned speculate that he will be a recurring nuisance but not some all-powerful nemesis. The hope is that with all the introductions rushed out of the way we can spend an update or two bonding with the twins. Alorth has made them so sexy and we really should be processing all the changes in our lives for a bit.

However if that happens we will see 100 people here complain that we are wasting time with X when it should be Y.... inevitable

Reactions: SenPC

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
There's specific criteria for the Abandoned tag, and this game doesn't even come close to it. And if a game like Milfy City isn't going to get those tags, this one certainly isn't either.
Sometimes I wonder whether we could use criteria for a "Complainer" tag being applied to posters' names - repeatedly flogging dead horses, insisting on their personal definition of stuff over the general one ("This girl I never talked to went to the movies with a different guy - NTR!!!!!!"), will mention games as shining examples on other threads ("Look at My Mommy Pegs Me, that's how it's done, you should learn from that you piece of shite") while never leaving a single positive or constructive message in the My Mommy Pegs Me thread. Throwing around negative stuff without ever mentioning reasons ("This game sucks, everything sucks.")

Daddy4u

Apr 18, 2019
This game needs an [Abandoned] or at the very least [Milked] tag.
Sometimes I wonder whether we could use criteria for a "Complainer" tag being applied to posters' names - repeatedly flogging dead horses, insisting on their personal definition of stuff over the general one ("This girl I never talked to went to the movies with a different guy - NTR!!!!!!"), will mention games as shining examples on other threads ("Look at My Mommy Pegs Me, that's how it's done, you should learn from that you piece of shite") while never leaving a single positive or constructive message in the My Mommy Pegs Me thread. Throwing around negative stuff without ever mentioning reasons ("This game sucks, everything sucks.")
To be fair most of the complaints have had substance. The cop is an unnecessary drama, and the milking of supporters by devs is a common theme.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
To be fair most of the complaints have had substance. The cop is an unnecessary drama, and the milking of supporters by devs is a common theme.
There is never any such thing as milking.

Any Patron or Sub can stop at ANY time there is nothing forced. The only ones who ever complain are the ones who are NOT paying.

I have both Patreon (fucking hate it) for NOPY and Subscribestar for 5 devs and I know for a fact I can cancel whenever I want.
Milking is not a thing.

People paying WANT to pay. If they did not they would stop. Someone on this very thread stopped. So case in point.

yudas51

Dec 25, 2019

Any Patron or Sub can stop at ANY time there is nothing forced. The only ones who ever complain are the ones who are NOT paying.

I have both Patreon (fucking hate it) for NOPY and Subscribestar for 5 devs and I know for a fact I can cancel whenever I want.
Milking is not a thing.

People paying WANT to pay. If they did not they would stop. Someone on this very thread stopped. So case in point.
I agree mostly with your opinion. It is milking if you keep promising "We are doing our best to release the game til the end of the month, maybe just maybe by the beginning of the next month" and keep promising this over the span of 3 months. It is the reason the devs of this VN get so much flak. Because why should I stop subscribing if the release is (promised) to be around the corner? This is one of 2 reasons why I stopped subscribing after the v2 release.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I agree mostly with your opinion. It is milking if you keep promising "We are doing our best to release the game til the end of the month, maybe just maybe by the beginning of the next month" and keep promising this over the span of 3 months. It is the reason the devs of this VN get so much flak. Because why should I stop subscribing if the release is (promised) to be around the corner? This is one of 2 reasons why I stopped subscribing after the v2 release.
Yeah but if money is tight or you're skeptical just unsub because you can resub later anytime you want once there is a release.

• Angry
Reactions: genthrow

Daddy4u

Apr 18, 2019

Milking is not a thing.

You seem to misunderstand, if/when the game is released I will pay for it, probably at a higher tier so I can get it first. Devs should be supported for their work, no matter how small/short it is. What I am cautioning against is for subs to continue to pay and expect a release that never comes because they aren't paying for this game but for the devs to do other things that don't do anything to create the game. The update will be about a month's work and all of the rest of those months paid for will be for other games now if you're okay with that great I'm not. But, the dev says you're subbing for this game, when in reality you're paying for the dev NOT to work on the game for months and months. That's milking.

Last edited:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I don't know if unnecessary, but at the very least, introduced waaaay too early in the story. For all we know, he might not reappear for a couple of episodes (or at least not annoy the MC).
It would be very easy to have him arrested, or counter-investigated at the very least.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
You seem to misunderstand, if/when the game is released I will pay for it, probably at a higher tier so I can get it first. Devs should be supported for their work, no matter how small/short it is. What I am cautioning against is for subs to continue to pay and expect a release that never comes because they aren't paying for this game but for the devs to do other things that don't do anything to create the game. The update will be about a month's work and all of the rest of those months paid for will be for other games now if you're okay with that great I'm not. But, the dev says you're subbing for this game, when in reality you're paying for the dev NOT to work on the game for months and months. That's milking.
That is if they are not working on it. That is an assumption you can make. Those paying obviously are fine with paying (again they can stop anytime) so they are not and cannot be milked. Patreon is about supporting an artist making art and the time table is set by the artist not the patrons. If patrons have demands they have the recourse of STOPPING if they feel the artist will not meet them. The artist is only obliged to give what has been explicitly PROMISED. If no time table is promised then none is required. That is how that works. It is not like buying a PS5 game where pay once to get the game immediately. You are a Patron for an artist. If you do not like that arrangement you should never support anyone on Patreon as you do not understand what the deal is.

Pizzapockets

Jan 13, 2019
There should also be a "Sucker" tag for people who love giving away money for nothing that replaces the messages they post with "please milk me harder" lol.

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes