xReoK

Jun 6, 2020
I just discovered this game and finished the latest version. After that I decided to take a look at the patreon page of the game but all I found were so many 4K wallpapers. I really don't want to complain about them since I don't pay money for the game but I hope this game isn't a game that won't get an update.

Reactions: stinkytoad

Duke Leo

Jun 10, 2019
I just discovered this game and finished the latest version. After that I decided to take a look at the patreon page of the game but all I found were so many 4K wallpapers. I really don't want to complain about them since I don't pay money for the game but I hope this game isn't a game that won't get an update.
Everyone: *Looks around awkwardly*

Me: XReok...you'd better sit down.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
you guys do know they have 2 other games iirc. so ya updates might take longer
I guess that is technically (and logically) true, but that isn't an excuse for the lack of communication. It's 3 other games too, not 2. Alorth also does animations for some other devs on top of that.

Neko Paradise is the only game of the 3 that get fairly regular updates. Alorth's other game, Tale of Eros, gets updated every so often.

Polarity ( Dammed's other game) hasn't been updated in a year.

So yeah, I stick by what I've said previously several months ago. Working on other games isn't a valid reason. Alorth manages to get regular updates out for his games for the most part and do animations for other games. So I don't think he is the issue here. He does the renders + animations for this game and is clearly capable of doing the job on a fairly consistent basis.

I think 90% of it is Dammed. His game takes a year or more to update. He used to be a good communicator, but has stopped posting in his game threads. Alorth still does for his (although not here). He writes the game, it obviously shouldn't take this long to write an update.

So I expect there is some sort of communication issue between the two. Alorth is trying to make renders for Dammed's story. They have to be on the same page. And to me at least, they aren't. Two veteran devs shouldn't take a year to get an update out ( the original update + bugfix to me is 1 update)

The dev team for another popular game, Long Story Short, just broke up. Dev teams breaking up isn't uncommon. I expect this one will eventually. I see no evidence they work together well.

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
I guess that is technically (and logically) true, but that isn't an excuse for the lack of communication. It's 3 other games too, not 2. Alorth also does animations for some other devs on top of that.

Neko Paradise is the only game of the 3 that get fairly regular updates. Alorth's other game, Tale of Eros, gets updated every so often.

Polarity ( Dammed's other game) hasn't been updated in a year.

So yeah, I stick by what I've said previously several months ago. Working on other games isn't a valid reason. Alorth manages to get regular updates out for his games for the most part and do animations for other games. So I don't think he is the issue here. He does the renders + animations for this game and is clearly capable of doing the job on a fairly consistent basis.

I think 90% of it is Dammed. His game takes a year or more to update. He used to be a good communicator, but has stopped posting in his game threads. Alorth still does for his (although not here). He writes the game, it obviously shouldn't take this long to write an update.

So I expect there is some sort of communication issue between the two. Alorth is trying to make renders for Dammed's story. They have to be on the same page. And to me at least, they aren't. Two veteran devs shouldn't take a year to get an update out ( the original update + bugfix to me is 1 update)

The dev team for another popular game, Long Story Short, just broke up. Dev teams breaking up isn't uncommon. I expect this one will eventually. I see no evidence they work together well.
I agree that the other games aren't really a great excuse for the slow timeline. Dammed's Polarity seems all but abandoned at this point (which I'm ok with, because it wasn't my cup of tea).

Last edited by a moderator:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I just hope they can get the story back on track, get rid of Glenn ASAP and stop trying to turn a good story with some nice drama (the letter was one of the most dramatic scenes in any game around here) and stop trying to turn it into a Looney Tunes story with antagonists that dont belong to this kind of stories.

The Chapter 1 story deserved much more than the cheap drama that Chapter 2 introduced with the cop

Then, with the kind of support they have, i dont think it will get abandoned and i hope they can reduce the development time a bit, 7 months is unsustainable

yudas51

Dec 25, 2019
I just hope they can get the story back on track, get rid of Glenn ASAP and stop trying to turn a good story with some nice drama (the letter was one of the most dramatic scenes in any game around here) and stop trying to turn it into a Looney Tunes story with antagonists that dont belong to this kind of stories.

The Chapter 1 story deserved much more than the cheap drama that Chapter 2 introduced with the cop

Then, with the kind of support they have, i dont think it will get abandoned and i hope they can reduce the development time a bit, 7 months is unsustainable
The biggest mistake wasn't taking over half a year for each update, it was almost completely ignoring the main characters (triplets) for the second part and making everyone wait over a year for more interaction after catching them with the nicely written letter and the actual good interaction you had with olivia during part 1.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Its a shame how things turned out since the frustration was somewhat understandable. I just hope they return to working on Radiant one day and more consistent updates.

Reactions: Pizzapockets

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
I still think this game is great...but wish there were more. Have enjoyed the story greatly and am excited to see more...but sad that it has been more than 2 months since last update. Hope it won't be (or hasn't been) abandoned.

Reactions: Pizzapockets

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
It feels like there is nothing really to discuss at this rate. Devs no longer around and no updates in a while, after 300+ pages it seems most bases have been covered. I shall just wait and see for whenever the next update comes.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It feels like there is nothing really to discuss at this rate. Devs no longer around and no updates in a while, after 300+ pages it seems most bases have been covered. I shall just wait and see for whenever the next update comes.
Yap. For what it's worth we could talk about how much we love the cop story. I doubt there are new insights in that either though.

Jan 12, 2019
Remember, kids, don't be toxic. Love thy neighbor as one loves thy self. Treat each other with respect on this platform. And be sure to take all that toxicity out on Maddison when she refuses to clean the house. Stay safe. Namaste.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes