Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
There is some truth in several points here, I guess - even though this discussion seems to be slightly off topic.
People, who do not support a developer financially simply do not have any right to complain about being milked. Just because there aren't. They do not contribute anything and just get the game for free. So any protest about the milking is just pointless and ridiculous.
BUT: It is more than alright to warn potential supporters about the milking tendency of some developers, so that they don't fall into this trap, support that dev and then become milked. And that might also make that dev deliver again in order to not loose supporters but get some instead. So warning about a milker even if you do not pay him anything feels totally fine to me.

I cannot judge wether the developer of Radiant might be such a milker or not. I am just happy that another update has been released. And of course I am hoping for a shorter time until further releases. But I don't feel like having any right to complain.

kaduos

Nov 1, 2019
This "argument" happens in nearly every single thread of every single popular game that runs past the expectations of the people who play it. There is always someone that is disappointed with how long they've had to wait... this is not in defense of the dev, or other games that break this rule, however, just an observation, and I find the whole thing tedious and pointless. It's unfortunate that other people might "forget" that they've subbed to a controversial patron, but it's not really any of your business to tell other people what to do with their money, and it shouldn't surprise you that some people are incapable of managing it, especially in this day and age.

Balfurusse

Jun 23, 2018
Hi there, is it only me or in this Alpha version i cant load a save game? I'v try going way back and still the grey screen of death!!! :)

Reactions: ata822

UnfinishedSentenc

Jan 5, 2023
How long is this game going to go on and on and on and on and on without some extensive content? This is getting to be rather ridiculous! This thread has 595 pages, and the game has about 30 minutes of content, right? What's that all about? (That might be a small exaggeration, but it's a SMALL exaggeration!) Come on, man, get with it! We are waiting, and have been waiting, VERY, VERY patiently!

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
How long is this game going to go on and on and on and on and on without some extensive content? This is getting to be rather ridiculous! This thread has 595 pages, and the game has about 30 minutes of content, right? What's that all about? (That might be a small exaggeration, but it's a SMALL exaggeration!) Come on, man, get with it! We are waiting, and have been waiting, VERY, VERY patiently!

• Haha
Reactions: shitass1001

every10min

Jun 24, 2022
Just wanted to come in an give my worthless 2-cents...

I'm normally on the side of the developer, believe strongly in patience, and I'm generally pretty new to the community so I'm catching up on a lot of content and certainly don't have any room to complain about a majority as I'm only supporting a minority...

All that being said, I can TOTALLY understand people that have been following this for 3 years being upset. I kinda surprised myself in giving it a 4/5 despite the incredible quality and promise... it just really felt, idk, stretched thin at times. But that was when I thought this game was maybe a year old. 3 years? yeesh.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
In the end, I've never been good with others telling me what to do with my $.

I choose who to support and when, much the same way I choose the car I want to buy and when.

I like Radiant and the story being told, so I will support it regardless of how many other people come to F95 and tell me what a bad idea that is.

I'll also offer what I call pro/con/pro feedback.

This means that I acknowledge the good and the bad in the creators I support.

Radiant received a decent update about 6 months after the last rev, and the dev's listened to their supporters and worked to give us improved communication.

Was the communication perfect - No.

Did the update give me as much triplet content as I wanted - No!

But there was enough content and improvement for me to continue to support them with $.

The constant accusations of milking are Silly and childish - and the self-appointed guardians of other people's $ are so often people who just come here to take something for free, then whine about it and complain when anyone else dissents.

At a certain point in time, once I know that the recording is broken and there is nothing for me to learn from a particular complainer, I just hit ignore and the noise level drops appreciably.

To those who are here to enjoy Radiant, Cheers!
Duck-taping shortcommings aka giving an Alpha because he knows how long the rest will take and still couldn't deliver the actual promise of a SHORTER chapter he told he would, it's not nor will make things alright. You can choose to give your money to whomever you want (you can even wipe your ass to it or burn it) but I still reserve the right to call you a freaking moron for doing it.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
Duck-taping shortcommings aka giving an Alpha because he knows how long the rest will take and still couldn't deliver the actual promise of a SHORTER chapter he told he would, it's not nor will make things alright. You can choose to give your money to whomever you want (you can even wipe your ass to it or burn it) but I still reserve the right to call you a freaking moron for doing it.
well, it's a shorter chapter(?)

think of this as the alphas that aaa games release before the complete version comes out

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

linkgot657

Jan 24, 2021
Do you guys have recommendations are father/daughter games, but with adult looking daughters. No loli. Big breast type daughter.

armond

Apr 26, 2020
well, it's a shorter chapter(?)

think of this as the alphas that aaa games release before the complete version comes out
This has more polish than a tripple A alpha, the only problems I saw were the story seemingly assuming decesions you had made that you may not have, and those weren't really that bad either.

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
Well, I finally played this update, and I have to say I agree with some of the criticism I've seen that says these side LI's are a bullshit distraction that a game with a twice-yearly update schedule shouldn't be bothering with at all.

Let's run the numbers....

Assume that this game follows the typical stairway to heaven with the main LI's. Also assume that it's current pattern of progressing with the triplets every second release continues.

Dammed is aiming for a release every 5 months. The more likely schedule is every 7 months, because 5 months wasn't long enough for Dammed to complete a smaller release. 7 months is even being generous, because there's a good chance there will be "unforeseen life events", especially considering that Dammed and Alorth have said those have delayed every single release so far.

That means that the next release will probably have the triplets finally touching the MC's dick. If Dammed follows his goal schedule (every 5 months), then that release would be in September, but I'd put money on the real release ending up being in November (7 months from the beta release).

February 2024 (Dammed schedule) or June 2024 (more likely): side girls

July 2024 orJanuary 2025: blowjob

December 2024/August 2025 : side girls

May 2025/March 2026: triplet pussy fucking

October 2025/October 2026: side girls

March 2025/May 2027: anal

August 2025/December 2027: side girls

January 2026/July 2028: Harem episode 1

June 2026/February 2029: Harem episode 2

The moral of the story is that, unless they pull back on the side girl episodes, this game will reach it's finale 3 1/2 years from now. And that's if they are finally able to get into a steady 5 month release schedule, while the branching logic just gets more complicated! The more likely scenario is the finale 5 years from now.

No dev is going to stick with a game that long in either case. The technology will advance, and renders won't look that great anymore by comparison. Dammed hasn't even finished one game yet, let alone one that's a 6-9 year commitment. Sadly, even taking out the potential side girl episodes, this game probably can't be completed before 2027.

Anyway, that's why I stopped giving money!

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Well, I finally played this update, and I have to say I agree with some of the criticism I've seen that says these side LI's are a bullshit distraction that a game with a twice-yearly update schedule shouldn't be bothering with at all.

Let's run the numbers....

Assume that this game follows the typical stairway to heaven with the main LI's. Also assume that it's current pattern of progressing with the triplets every second release continues.

Dammed is aiming for a release every 5 months. The more likely schedule is every 7 months, because 5 months wasn't long enough for Dammed to complete a smaller release. 7 months is even being generous, because there's a good chance there will be "unforeseen life events", especially considering that Dammed and Alorth have said those have delayed every single release so far.

That means that the next release will probably have the triplets finally touching the MC's dick. If Dammed follows his goal schedule (every 5 months), then that release would be in September, but I'd put money on the real release ending up being in November (7 months from the beta release).

February 2024 (Dammed schedule) or June 2024 (more likely): side girls

July 2024 orJanuary 2025: blowjob

December 2024/August 2025 : side girls

May 2025/March 2026: triplet pussy fucking

October 2025/October 2026: side girls

March 2025/May 2027: anal

August 2025/December 2027: side girls

January 2026/July 2028: Harem episode 1

June 2026/February 2029: Harem episode 2

The moral of the story is that, unless they pull back on the side girl episodes, this game will reach it's finale 3 1/2 years from now. And that's if they are finally able to get into a steady 5 month release schedule, while the branching logic just gets more complicated! The more likely scenario is the finale 5 years from now.

No dev is going to stick with a game that long in either case. The technology will advance, and renders won't look that great anymore by comparison. Dammed hasn't even finished one game yet, let alone one that's a 6-9 year commitment. Sadly, even taking out the potential side girl episodes, this game probably can't be completed before 2027.

Anyway, that's why I stopped giving money!
I agree with the sentiment. A lot of AVN developers decide to "go big or go home" and then either rush the final chapters or even worse, abandon the game completely. Radiant had a good prologue and the idea was somewhat unique (for a F/D incest game), but the game is simply too short for what was essentially 2 (or 3?) years of development. Either their machines are unfortunately not powerful enough to compute the rendering in decent time, or they don't know what they are doing/scrapping a lot of scenes in development. 2 updates a year should yield 2 - 3 hours worth of playtime each, not half an hour at best (if you LARP all the text).

PSA for newbie AVN developers: create a shorter, more concise story for your first project. Use it as a learning platform for what works and doesn't work in an AVN. But most importantly, learn to recognize filler content and avoid padding your playtime with scenes of no consequence. Even veteran projects on this site are guilty of all 3 counts. Get in, tell a story, and get out.

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes