Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023
Agreed. And seriously, if she were in a coma I highly doubt the girls would have gone looking for MC in the first place, they wouldn't have wanted to leave her side.
Plot twists can be write about , that in a bunch of different ways, maybe the grandparents hided the truth , maybe the mom herself wanted hide the truth , and she is coma , and we get the mom of the triplets added to the novel at late updates, yeah yeah bunch of wasted plot potential on this Dev. so

kjj308

Nov 2, 2022
dunno

thisismyfetish.jpg

I'm not a big fan of "vanilla" VN's, I prefer the taboo ones like this one and Sisterly Lust. I'm also fairly new to all of this in general so I haven't played through many yet.
Ah ok. Not saying anything against your fetishes, I just feel like the story is so shallow. You basically have like a magic dick and every female you meet just magically instantly falls for you with absolutely no effort at all. Like your character doesn't even need to say hello and the woman is already offering herself up for you, lol. Including the kids. So I just feel like the story is probably the weakest part about this VN...

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Ah ok. Not saying anything against your fetishes, I just feel like the story is so shallow. You basically have like a magic dick and every female you meet just magically instantly falls for you with absolutely no effort at all. Like your character doesn't even need to say hello and the woman is already offering herself up for you, lol. Including the kids. So I just feel like the story is probably the weakest part about this VN...
I thought the story had a great beginning and it's a good story right now, although there are a few hick ups - unnecessary drama to me - but with so little of the story revealed, they may make the story more rounded/deeper when we know more.

I could hardly judge GOT's first book if I was 40 pages in - just not enough story told so far.

The MC gets blown off at his Prom and then meets a woman who has also apparently been blown off - Gracie.

It turns out that they knew each other from school but not well and they end up sharing part of the evening together, followed by Chad drama, Gracie looking out for the MC, a beautiful first time, a Dad encounter from Hell and drunk driving, fleeing the scene but with horrible consequences.

You've thrown out the entire story with no mention of anything that you did enjoy - baby with the bathwater ...

There are some aspects of the story like the psycho cop that are - to me - unnecessary. Overall though - I like the story and I think it is a top third story for AVNs. It's not as good as the stories in my profile but those stories are there because they are That good (and not just for the stories).

The MC does not have a magic dick, but the story does have world building. Most of the women have not seen the MC's dick yet so...

As to the ones that are 'throwing' themselves at the MC - let's take a look:

3 daughters: they just lost their mother and very recently found out that they have a father (they have a name, an address, hope & questions) - so they are, quite reasonably, trying to learn more and the MC gets to decide which of the three paths he will take with them (pure, lust, dark).

Mira - world building - has worked for the MC for years? and has had a secret crush that she feels she better act on or the new girl will become the MC's girlfriend and Mira will have nothing.

New girl (Brooke) - world building - has been crushing on the MC for years, and now she gets to work for him. Does she rush the relationship - yes - also realistic, at least given some of my RL experiences.

Natalie - world-building - lost her son to the MC and her marriage is damaged/dead? He owes her Something and she is trying to figure that out. Emotionally unstable - yes; has a reason for holding a grudge/hating the MC - yes; Do her actions make any sense if you ignore the world building - of course not!

Vanessa - world building - jealous insecure woman who uses her body to try to get intimacy she craves... no woman has ever done that before, IRL or in any story... ;)

Are there some hookups where the MC gets some sexy time and the creators get to show off the kind of H scenes we will get with these ladies (more than what we got with Brooke) - yes

Are they random or do they potentially weigh on the story later? We need much more of the story to know this.

Is Radiant = Shakespeare or Tolstoy... Nope, but then again, what AVN is?

Cheers! :coffee:

Last edited:

Solaris33

Jul 25, 2019
I could hardly judge GOT's first book if I was 40 pages in - just not enough story told so far.
Sure, but you could judge the first 40 pages if that's all that was released.

The MC does not have a magic dick, but the story does have world building.
The relationships really aren't happening in a natural way. I can't knock the story too hard for that because almost every VN sacrifices realism for expediency in that regard, but you're really giving them more credit than they deserve when it comes to the "world building."

I'm always surprised when people say the storytelling is good because, to me, everything beyond the introduction has felt fairly rushed and/or unrealistic. The psycho cop, Brooke having a kid, Natalie's storyline, etc., all feel off to me. All that being said, my complaints end up being minor because I DO enjoy Radiant quite a bit, just not necessarily for the story.

Beduin123

Mar 29, 2023

The relationships really aren't happening in a natural way. I can't knock the story too hard for that because almost every VN sacrifices realism for expediency in that regard, but you're really giving them more credit than they deserve when it comes to the "world building."
I find it quite common, especially in the world of AVNs, that people give more credit to a story that it deserves.
For instance, Leap of Faith which is very highly regarded by masses but have most of its storylines very clumsely constructed and written. Like the Stefi or Lexi stories there are just beyond suspension of disbelief.

Jacquees

Mar 19, 2021
After your suggesting I decided to check it. It's good, but I don't like how I'm forced to fuck everyone. I tried to blow off some characters but I always end up fucking them anyways.
Yeah I wasn't super into it at first but at around chapter 9 I got super hooked. Hopefully you keep playing and like it as much as I did.

kjj308

Nov 2, 2022

I'm always surprised when people say the storytelling is good because, to me, everything beyond the introduction has felt fairly rushed and/or unrealistic. The psycho cop, Brooke having a kid, Natalie's storyline, etc., all feel off to me. All that being said, my complaints end up being minor because I DO enjoy Radiant quite a bit, just not necessarily for the story.
EXACTLY. I'm kind of afraid to reply to him directly because he seems pretty invested in it and I don't want to offend him, but yah, to me it really seems like he's trying too hard to give them way too much credit. I mean, even the mother of the person MC kills, on the second time she sees him she's already asking him to give her a nude massage. And the waitress just basically throwing herself on MC when he's out dining with another woman. And the wife of the crazy cop basically offering herself to him literally the very first time she talks to him. The convenience store clerk that like stalks you in the forest or something just to offer herself up to you. The "story" is about that deep as the ones you find on websites you only visit on incognito mode so they don't stay in your history... They are just there to introduce another character with exaggerated proportions MC can sleep with so players of the game can remain happy. But of course the only character in the game that is taking her sweet time is Mira, which just so happens to be the only character I'm actually interested in trying to get with, lol. It's like the developer knew and is doing that on purpose...

After your suggesting I decided to check it. It's good, but I don't like how I'm forced to fuck everyone. I tried to blow off some characters but I always end up fucking them anyways.
I have to agree with you, giving you fake "choices" is kind of shitty.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
You basically have like a magic dick and every female you meet just magically instantly falls for you with absolutely no effort at all. Like your character doesn't even need to say hello and the woman is already offering herself up for you, lol. Including the kids. So I just feel like the story is probably the weakest part about this VN...
That usually happens when you're tall and handsome and luckily it's still not as exaggerated as in WVN lol

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
That usually happens when you're tall and handsome and luckily it's still not as exaggerated as in WVN lol
I very much doubt it has anything to do with "tall and handsome". After all, a typical MC was tall and handsome but usually NOT an all-powerful babe-magnet before being transformed into an MC.
Therefore, it is the transformation itself that's the charm. VNs are basically a flattering fantasy for the fans/supporters. The players were unlikely babe-magnets, IRL, before taking on the role of the MC through the immersive process. Likewise for the transformed MC himself in a game.
Even not tall, not rich, not handsome MCs can be cast as highly improbable babe-magnets. Having a big dick is just a bonus, along with a magical aura that babes cannot resist.
Fantasy above and beyond even a huge lotto score!

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes