Black Mamba24

Oct 7, 2018
Why do the worst devs create the best looking girls and have all the tags you'd want. They raise the expectations only to screw you over later on. Sylphine, Radiant, areas of gray, aoa academy, rise to the top, etc...
Just like everything in this world: if it's to good to be true, it usually is! Never get too invested in these kind of games/devs, as 90% never intended to take their project seriously from the start. Especially not if they receive over a thousand patreons in the first few months.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Why do the worst devs create the best looking girls and have all the tags you'd want. They raise the expectations only to screw you over later on. Sylphine, Radiant, areas of gray, aoa academy, rise to the top, etc...
Just like everything in this world: if it's to good to be true, it usually is! Never get too invested in these kind of games/devs, as 90% never intended to take their project seriously from the start. Especially not if they receive over a thousand patreons in the first few months.
Well you could also consider that if all the games are taking longer maybe it is your expectations that are wrong.

Quality graphics take time. Projects that use Daz models in Daz or Blender that care about clipping, lighting, positioning, and details take time to pose and can take a lot of time to render and then if they are high quality there is post work after render. If you have a team that can work different scenes at the same time you can put out HQ in a timely fashion but almost no one has that. These are people working alone or possibly with one other. So to expect something faster is simply unrealistic.

That being said there are some situations different than others. Sylphine has been blown up and restarted 4 times or more so that is not typical at all (it's the worst). Radiant has Sir D who spends perhaps too much time on right wing tirades on Discord and fucking off with who knows what when he has the easier job (IMO) - writing rather than graphics. But other quality Daddy-Daughter VNs still take time. Bad Memories is amazing and My New Memories is quite good and they both have an alternate VN to work on to avoid burnout and quitting so they take some time. I honestly cannot think of a VN that comes out as fast as everyone seems to want without an entire team or maybe an array of 7 computers. It's just being realistic. The only games I know that are truly dead - dead are like Sylphine and maybe Secrets of Whispering Pines.

So it is more normal than aberrant.

Black Mamba24

Oct 7, 2018
Well you could also consider that if all the games are taking longer maybe it is your expectations that are wrong.

Quality graphics take time. Projects that use Daz models in Daz or Blender that care about clipping, lighting, positioning, and details take time to pose and can take a lot of time to render and then if they are high quality there is post work after render. If you have a team that can work different scenes at the same time you can put out HQ in a timely fashion but almost no one has that. These are people working alone or possibly with one other. So to expect something faster is simply unrealistic.

That being said there are some situations different than others. Sylphine has been blown up and restarted 4 times or more so that is not typical at all (it's the worst). Radiant has Sir D who spends perhaps too much time on right wing tirades on Discord and fucking off with who knows what when he has the easier job (IMO) - writing rather than graphics. But other quality Daddy-Daughter VNs still take time. Bad Memories is amazing and My New Memories is quite good and they both have an alternate VN to work on to avoid burnout and quitting so they take some time. I honestly cannot think of a VN that comes out as fast as everyone seems to want without an entire team or maybe an array of 7 computers. It's just being realistic. The only games I know that are truly dead - dead are like Sylphine and maybe Secrets of Whispering Pines.

I have no expectations, lost those a long time ago. Easier to live that way IMO.
I was mostly just talking about devs and other people having big expectations and stating everything they have planned for the future, but 9 out of 10 they can not (mostly do not want to) follow through.

Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023
I have no expectations, lost those a long time ago. Easier to live that way IMO.
I was mostly just talking about devs and other people having big expectations and stating everything they have planned for the future, but 9 out of 10 they can not (mostly do not want to) follow through.
follow through or SHOOT through

since you know, this developer likes to play shooters games recently , OH nvm he was knoiw for playing Travel with others money game, and pets game too ,

and i still remember his first post around here or on patreon , blah blah blah if he got x number of suporters, then 1/2 of the blah blah blah if he got 4x number of suporters , such a lie after lie .

So no much real expectations , only here to learn about ape psychology and behaivor. And how to promote a fake game.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
follow through or SHOOT through

since you know, this developer likes to play shooters games recently , OH nvm he was knoiw for playing Travel with others money game, and pets game too ,

and i still remember his first post around here or on patreon , blah blah blah if he got x number of suporters, then 1/2 of the blah blah blah if he got 4x number of suporters , such a lie after lie .

So no much real expectations , only here to learn about ape psychology and behaivor. And how to promote a fake game.
You seem to know alot for a newb. Methinks I smell a troll.

scooman

Oct 8, 2022
I`m very curious how this ends here with the update politic the DEV has. He looses all the time Patrons. I think in the last two weeks more than 100? Hard to understand his strategy.
I have no clue about this gaming stuff. But he could earn much more money if he would be more reliable and his target would be reached a long time ago.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022

155 renders in a few months is not "quality renders take time".

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
155 renders in a few months is not "quality renders take time".
As you seem to have very deep insights in doing DAZ renders -- how many quality renders do you create per day? Or if you don't create DAZ renders yourself, what would be an acceptable amount of quality renders per month for you?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
As you seem to have very deep insights in doing DAZ renders -- how many quality renders do you create per day? Or if you don't create DAZ renders yourself, what would be an acceptable amount of quality renders per month for you?
I'm gonna be snarky and say about as many as you, I'd assume. It's like, even if I'm not a mechanic, if it takes someone two months to fix a tire, I can safely say it's taking too long.
I see the mods haven't deleted it, so here is a previous post I made.
https://f95zone.to/threads/radiant-v0-5-alpha-rk-studios.49572/post-10266046
So let's see. Ocean makes Summer is gone and Where it all began on his own AFAIK. He's also one who's been accused of milking. His games were launched more or less 4 years ago (one end of 2018, another first quarter of 2019). But In that time, WIAB had the initial release that went to 0.6 which had 6194 renders. It then got reworked and the rework has 2354 renders. Then there is Summer is gone which has 9300 renders so far. So in 4 years Ocean rendered 17748 renders while also doing the writing. And that's him working alone and creating custom sets in some cases. Meanwhile in 3 years the Radiant team managed to render just 2401 renders. So like almost 9 times fewer renders. The game may be good but the excuse that they're somehow stretched thin doesn't fly. Whether someone pays for the game or not is irrelevant, facts are facts. This is milkinog the highest degree.
Edit: I forgot to mention that Ocean's renders are far superior in quality to Radiant's. As evidenced by the dark (as in night time renders) in Radiant, which are poorly lit (basically they make the mistake of thinking that a dark render should have no lights at all).

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I have several friends that develop Ren'Py games in Daz. The top performers produce updates containing 600-900 new HD renders every three months like clockwork. Those are full time devs. The part time devs that have a day job and do Ren'Py games in their spare time average 300-500 HD images every 90 days. Many of these devs are including a dozen or more videos in each update as well.

Me? I don't render shit. However, I am rather friendly with those who do. I offer them spell check and grammar edits, finding royalty free music that fits the vibe of their game and a holy terror, literal fucking shit ton of play testing at the alpha, beta and prerelease stages.

155 renders in 3 months is pathetic for a professional developer. I'm expecting another solid update to this title by the end of July or it may just get deleted. It's all been a tease thus far. If the next update doesn't deliver, I'll be gone on to something else... We need to see something substantial here soon. 155 renders ain't gonna cut it.

Adventure ever on, Phat:unsure:

Sukaii

Jul 19, 2022
I'm gonna be snarky and say about as many as you, I'd assume. It's like, even if I'm not a mechanic, if it takes someone two months to fix a tire, I can safely say it's taking too long.
I see the mods haven't deleted it, so here is a previous post I made.
https://f95zone.to/threads/radiant-v0-5-alpha-rk-studios.49572/post-10266046

Edit: I forgot to mention that Ocean's renders are far superior in quality to Radiant's. As evidenced by the dark (as in night time renders) in Radiant, which are poorly lit (basically they make the mistake of thinking that a dark render should have no lights at all).
at this point maybe rk studios probably needs help with the rendering

cjdm

May 23, 2020
at this point maybe rk studios probably needs help with the rendering
All right men listen up!

As we have found over time, no degree of monetary value thrown at this project, nor positive encouragement can get these guys to get their updates out on schedule, a schedule that they set on their own fruition. These goals they set repeatedly are always met with excuse after excuse to this community when they fail. These range from medical scares to relationship problems, to vacation spots that are not equip with adequate Wi-Fi signals preventing them from satisfying their audience and donors with the updates. (yes, I know what you are thinking, you heard that right)

I am willing, at this point, to be the lamb in order to move this project along... The devs clearly need help in a capacity that has not worked before. They need motivation and discipline, a kind of thing unheard of by these two... but we can help them out of this rut. This motivation and discipline will come naturally over time, but a task at hand must be dealt with first and I will need your help. I have pin-pointed an issue that has clouded their judgment permeating a perpetual negative regression and slump into the madness of missed deadlines, which leads to future delays, into more stress, into sickening mental health, and lastly declining physical health, starting the cycle again.

So, I am stepping up to the plate... I am knocking the dirt off my cleats... and I am standing in the way of whatever fastball might be thrown their way to prevent yet again another excuse riddled delay. I expect others here to do the same, I expect you to put in blood and sweat, without tears. However, being in a position of leadership myself, will never ask anything from my men or someone else I am not willing to do myself. Therefore, under exemplary leadership, and in an effort to free up 90% of their time to allow project development to go unhindered, I will personally promise to walk their stupid dog to get this project moving along. We can arrange a schedule.

Remember to stay thirsty for knowledge, as this world is filled with wonders; and stay unthirsty by staying hydrated.

As always, life has balance.

Nimniz

Jan 8, 2020
Radiant [v0.5 alpha] Unofficial Android Port + Patch + JokerLeader's WT Mod

- 576Mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

I can't get the mixdrop to do anything other spam pop ups and open new windows for other crap. Is there some way to get this from a sight that isn't as crappy?

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
All right men listen up!

As we have found over time, no degree of monetary value thrown at this project, nor positive encouragement can get these guys to get their updates out on schedule, a schedule that they set on their own fruition. These goals they set repeatedly are always met with excuse after excuse to this community when they fail. These range from medical scares to relationship problems, to vacation spots that are not equip with adequate Wi-Fi signals preventing them from satisfying their audience and donors with the updates. (yes, I know what you are thinking, you heard that right)

I am willing, at this point, to be the lamb in order to move this project along... The devs clearly need help in a capacity that has not worked before. They need motivation and discipline, a kind of thing unheard of by these two... but we can help them out of this rut. This motivation and discipline will come naturally over time, but a task at hand must be dealt with first and I will need your help. I have pin-pointed an issue that has clouded their judgment permeating a perpetual negative regression and slump into the madness of missed deadlines, which leads to future delays, into more stress, into sickening mental health, and lastly declining physical health, starting the cycle again.

So, I am stepping up to the plate... I am knocking the dirt off my cleats... and I am standing in the way of whatever fastball might be thrown their way to prevent yet again another excuse riddled delay. I expect others here to do the same, I expect you to put in blood and sweat, without tears. However, being in a position of leadership myself, will never ask anything from my men or someone else I am not willing to do myself. Therefore, under exemplary leadership, and in an effort to free up 90% of their time to allow project development to go unhindered, I will personally promise to walk their stupid dog to get this project moving along. We can arrange a schedule.

Remember to stay thirsty for knowledge, as this world is filled with wonders; and stay unthirsty by staying hydrated.

As always, life has balance.
You know, I suppose the only way to motivate them would be to stop paying. Although, I suppose the donors who stopped paying could no longer be regaled with such amazing stories (vacation spots that are not equip with adequate Wi-Fi signals preventing them from satisfying their audience and donors with the updates. )

Reactions: Tatsuya2022
4.30 star(s) 272 Votes