Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
This post was from 4 days ago.
The official Patreon counter now reads : 1000 PATRONS ; $7,435 PER MONTH.
This seems to be fun with numbers. It could also be a "swerve" so that if/when new content drops, it is made to appear that drooping Patreon $ is not the prime motivator to actually produce canon game content.

btw, the Patreon numbers, in general, are beyond laughable.
Jesus. If I were bringing in that kind of money, I wouldn't even have to do another job, that would cover rent for me, alone, in a nice big 3 bedroom place, car insurance, all utilities, etc.

Maybe I should learn how to do this shit after all.

armond

Apr 26, 2020
Jesus. If I were bringing in that kind of money, I wouldn't even have to do another job, that would cover rent for me, alone, in a nice big 3 bedroom place, car insurance, all utilities, etc.

All you need is a demo that appeals to the sad and lonely and not feel bad for preying upon them. I could do a lot of things for money that would make mirrors tricky to look at. :devilish:

Reactions: SubtleHustle
Mar 26, 2022

It you want your head to explode, imagine that the creator of the most popular game here gets more than twice as much + profits from each copy sold on Steam and GOG.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022

Well TBF there is a split with the artist but they're also making money from SubscribeStar IIRC.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

smile nod.gif

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
All you need is a demo that appeals to the sad and lonely and not feel bad for preying upon them. I could do a lot of things for money that would make mirrors tricky to look at. :devilish:
I don't think people have to be sad or lonely to enjoy games like these, and as long as people are getting some actual development, they certainly shouldn't be looking at the dev as a predator.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
I don't think people have to be sad or lonely to enjoy games like these, and as long as people are getting some actual development, they certainly shouldn't be looking at the dev as a predator.
he is just trolling. he is referencing this game due to the fact that the first release was kinda sad and to this day the gurus on this forum say that that first release is the best of the game.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
he is just trolling. he is referencing this game due to the fact that the first release was kinda sad and to this day the gurus on this forum say that that first release is the best of the game.
A first release should not even be counted when choosing a "best release".
The game, the renders, can just be too fresh/ intoxicating.
As well, a Dev has a free hand in "world-building" which he does not have in later releases.
IMHO, V0.4 was by far the best release (a mere 14 months after V0.3).

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
A fair gauge to go by is how many Gigs the AVN has produced. anything over two and you have an acceptable idea to base your opinion.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
A fair gauge to go by is how many Gigs the AVN has produced. anything over two and you have an acceptable idea to base your opinion.
Rather the number of renders. If you don't compress your renders, 2gig is quickly achieved

Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023
so no even full 0.5 update release ? yeah yeah ? was expected?

july then agust coming ? he going to release for august a 1500 renders update ? then should be fine, But that no gonna happen.

oh oh troll developer defenders spawning swinging swords?

6 k bucks on sups was charged again ?

guess should change my work to this branch ... do some nearly risky age girls , a so-so plot ,
profit 3 updates then famr suporters , and sleep for 2 years with others bucks? yeah yeah

Were i work we have TIMES to acomplish stuf, people who have to end stuf by this day, this month, etc etc
and then Delay finishing their work load for more days, can get a free pass maybe 1 or 2 times
after that they get fired on spot.

here otherwise dudes get more suporters , gues a bunch of boys with fathers debit or credit cards around.

can we at least get A THREAD FOR ART WORK of the gals or something going on ?

0.6 will be RELEASEd on 2024 if we got lucky

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
so no even full 0.5 update release ? yeah yeah ? was expected?

july then agust coming ? he going to release for august a 1500 renders update ? then should be fine, But that no gonna happen.

oh oh troll developer defenders spawning swinging swords?

6 k bucks on sups was charged again ?

guess should change my work to this branch ... do some nearly risky age girls , a so-so plot ,
profit 3 updates then famr suporters , and sleep for 2 years with others bucks? yeah yeah

Were i work we have TIMES to acomplish stuf, people who have to end stuf by this day, this month, etc etc
and then Delay finishing their work load for more days, can get a free pass maybe 1 or 2 times
after that they get fired on spot.

here otherwise dudes get more suporters , gues a bunch of boys with fathers debit or credit cards around.

can we at least get A THREAD FOR ART WORK of the gals or something going on ?

0.6 will be RELEASEd on 2024 if we got lucky
A Fan-Art thread for Radiant would be much appreciated.
Maybe set free some positive vibes, although most of the negativity in this game-thread is understandable.
I have a degree in Art History but minimal knowledge of the niceties involving Ren'Py.
But I'd certainly be a positive influence if other members would start such a thread.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
Don't feed the trolls.
A few weeks back, a legit troll came to the thread. Dished out any number of face-palms. A number of posts were deleted by moderators. My experiences on this site has shown me very few out-and-out trolls like him.
I try to respond to ideas, rather than people. The suggestion of a Radiant fan-art thread is an excellent idea.
There is more than enough negativity in this thread. True, much of it is self-induced by the Dev who himself acts
like a troll too often.
But let's hear thoughts about a fan-art thread instead of fixating upon ONLY negative stuff.

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes