PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
didnt it get an update a couple of months ago? or am i missing something?
It got an update - v0.5-Alpha - but many of those here taking Radiant for free are complaining that their free stuff is not being produced as fast as they like, and ... gasp ... that they did not get the content that they want.

Add that to the constant complaining about how other people spend their money - you know the regular PSA (Public Service Announcement) on a pirate site - and that covers many of the posts in the last year +.

The irony here is that If Radiant was abandoned - there would be the months of 'I told you so' then other creators would be targeted... selected... for the love of those who want something for nothing.

Are there good comments/discussions on this thread - like the queries about potential fan art - yeah - but too much is just an echo chamber from the canyon of takers.

I now spend less time here addressing the demands of the takers and more time actually enjoying some of the Thousands of VNs that are here for us to try and ... drum roll please ... support if I keep coming back to download updates repeatedly.

I'm not just a Radiant supporter, I'm fine with choosing that support until I deem it is time to move on. I Have to listen to my government telling me how to spend my money (taxes, SJW, etc.) ...

There is No Have To with F95 or I would not be here.

Cheers! :coffee:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
It got an update - v0.5-Alpha - but many of those here taking Radiant for free are complaining that their free stuff is not being produced as fast as they like, and ... gasp ... that they did not get the content that they want.

Add that to the constant complaining about how other people spend their money - you know the regular PSA (Public Service Announcement) on a pirate site - and that covers many of the posts in the last year +.

The irony here is that If Radiant was abandoned - there would be the months of 'I told you so' then other creators would be targeted... selected... for the love of those who want something for nothing.

Are there good comments/discussions on this thread - like the queries about potential fan art - yeah - but too much is just an echo chamber from the canyon of takers.

I now spend less time here addressing the demands of the takers and more time actually enjoying some of the Thousands of VNs that are here for us to try and ... drum roll please ... support if I keep coming back to download updates repeatedly.

I'm not just a Radiant supporter, I'm fine with choosing that support until I deem it is time to move on. I Have to listen to my government telling me how to spend my money (taxes, SJW, etc.) ...

Not everyone is a simp who doesn't mind false promises, bad excuses and empty words from the dev.

A lot of devs have delays but because they have good communication and don't make false promises there is not much discontentment.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Not everyone is a simp who doesn't mind false promises, bad excuses and empty words from the dev.

A lot of devs have delays but because they have good communication and don't make false promises there is not much discontentment.
I understand what you are saying and Radiant exhibits poor communication and release consistency (both in terms of updates and monthlies/teasers).

The people who have the right to call them out on this - and expect a response - are their supporters.

This thread has a tendency to become an echo chamber filled with a lot of negativity - much of it from those who are not paying any $ for what they take.

People can complain away on F95 about what a dev should/should not do - But the constant telling me how to spend my $ is Always No Go territory for me.

I've recommended to the devs that they hire someone to review F95 comments and give them a summary of what is helpful, but to otherwise avoid this thread because their time is better spent doing almost Anything else.

Reading the endless criticism found here will Not help with creativity or the drive to get better - especially when those with skin in the game - supporters who pay $ - will give the devs the meal they are looking for - a main course of honest feedback, but without a few side dishes of vitriol.

Mar 5, 2020
I understand what you are saying and Radiant exhibits poor communication and release consistency (both in terms of updates and monthlies/teasers).

The people who have the right to call them out on this - and expect a response - are their supporters.

This thread has a tendency to become an echo chamber filled with a lot of negativity - much of it from those who are not paying any $ for what they take.

People can complain away on F95 about what a dev should/should not do - But the constant telling me how to spend my $ is Always No Go territory for me.

I've recommended to the devs that they hire someone to review F95 comments and give them a summary of what is helpful, but to otherwise avoid this thread because their time is better spent doing almost Anything else.

Reading the endless criticism found here will Not help with creativity or the drive to get better - especially when those with skin in the game - supporters who pay $ - will give the devs the meal they are looking for - a main course of honest feedback, but without a few side dishes of vitriol.

All you are doing is trying to defend indefendable devs.

Do I get Radiant for free? Yes, I do now. I have been supporting the devs from the release of Prologue/Chap1 to the release of Chapter 2 (~10 month) and decided to cut my losses due the the decrease in render quality AND disappointing length of the update in comparision to the time it took to develop.

I am still keeping an eye on this thread, mostly to see if the dev ever improves their development times, which they promised time and time again, with barely any visible improvement (for sure, Chap5 Alpha has been released in about 3.5 month, which is good, but it has remained in Alpha for the same amount of time...) And let's be honest, the excuses he gives for the long development time makes him either a pathetic liar, or the most unlucky person on Earth.

Does it mean I might support them again if they suddenly start releasing updates regularly (notice I use the word "regularly" and not "frequently")? Maybe, but keep in mind that the dev spent the last 3 years shattering the trust I had put in him in the first place, so it will take him at least that amount of time to regain that trust.

You keep writing here that all people here are freeloaders who only complain about the long development time while they should not have the right to complain because they are not the one paying, but the dev's Discord server is waaaaay more toxic for anyone demanding answers or expressing any form of complaint about their guru, even the person complaining is a top-tier supporter (I was on his $50 Tier at the time).

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
It is possible - however unlikely - that the developers have had a 3,106 caret run of bad luck.
People are very quick to jump on the "health issues" and "dog needed operation" with no evidence other than "oh it's the usual developer excuse hurr durr" but likewise is there no evidence supporting their claims.

How about everyone open their windows and let that built-up steam escape?

Jorjor69

May 8, 2020
This thread had developed into to 600 pages [and counting] of endless rants and defense of a once-promising but now-turned into a shitty game. :LOL:

Time to move on, there's tons of great and promising games to support besides this nothingburger, peeps. Sheesh. The world is still beautiful and filled with endless possiblities ffs.

And yeah, fk Dammed and Alorth.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020

Well, all alone here in the war, on lost ground. It's the same everywhere, only sometimes you're (apparently) on one side and sometimes on the other.
Sorry, but when I read your little discussion here, I had to laugh. Not about you, but about because we in another thread.... ;)

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Well, all alone here in the war, on lost ground. It's the same everywhere, only sometimes you're (apparently) on one side and sometimes on the other.
Sorry, but when I read your little discussion here, I had to laugh. Not about you, but about because we in another thread.... ;)
It's all good! I sometimes feel like Custer at the Little Bighorn, just a Lot less arrows... :)

I like Radiant and I remain hopeful for it to continue - not at the speed and quality any of us really want (high quality and yesterday are always better than the current alternative).

I've seen far too many devs abandon good/great stories and mental health/loss of creativity are among the causes of the stories getting abandoned so I am hoping that this story does not suffer the same.

For this dev, I never had Patreon posts deleted because he did not like what I was saying.

This team has been creating for years less than the creator we are talking about and these devs have, for at least part of the time, been supporting other stories as well as Radiant. It would be Very Tough for these creators to break as many promises and commitments as the one you and I are discussing.

If you have not tried Radiant - I recommend it.

The first 4 chapters are well developed, and the 5th is effectively incomplete (an Alpha release and we are waiting for a Beta/final release without much word from the creators).

Which is better - very little communication or what we get on the other thread. At least there - we get more discussion about story possibilities.

Here it tends towards 'which pitchfork and torch' will be trotted out for the day's festivities.

Cheers and I hope you are well! :coffee:

Reactions: scooman and hzjujk

Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023
yeah true , and they no get the money this piece of deve gets,

any of those 2 , ravenous or lost at birth devs could be more than happy with 1/5 buks of this one

the only REASON, the ONLY WAY this BIG LIER spawns and says another lie is WHEN end of month is nearly so he can milk more , or when his number of apes go down .

want a good game more fair to suport there u had 2 , Twisted Memories is good too. their devs are more consistent, work/bucks and stuf

Reactions: faramata and VOYEUR

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
5 minutes of content per update is so shit imho
Not a fan as well, but at least they don't lie. Who would have thought that not making unbelievable excuses all the time, as well not blaming others who participate in their work would make the fanbase for understanding of your work.

Fortunely this thread doesn't have any kind of dev who does that all the time at all. This dev never made this at all, neither was delaying his releases all the time. Phew.

Reactions: faramata

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
If they want us to believe that they care, they ought to freeze all payments until development starts up again.
You know the world is ending when squark is finally losing the patience to this dev. I miss the times where I complained and I was considered a troll.

Anyway, cya again in 4-5 months, maybe 1-2 wallpapers will be released till then.

Last edited:

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
5 minutes of content per update is so shit imho
It wouldn't be a problem if the updates came more often. Ravenous and Lost at birth updates are also short. But they come out far more frequently.
Get a load of this, from Ocean who makes Where it all began and Summer is Gone.

"1.
I have reached new highs in productivity. The last two weeks have been the most productive weeks since I started developing. Slowly but surely.
In one day, I managed to do one rather big animation for SG, and 84 WiAB renders. (Took me 17h to set up & will take about a week to render out.) "
So 84 renders in two weeks.

Meanwhile Radiant put out , drum roll, "155 renders in a few months" (Sorry, don't know the exact time between the last two relaseses). So much for "quality renders take time".
At this point the SNL skits about this game are more fun than the game itself.

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes