Zero-

Mar 22, 2023
The good thing about all this discussion is that radiant has a neighbor who has that LI-heavy plot style that does get the job done: grandma's house.

Compare the number of yearly renders of Grandma's House to this game and you'll see what a world-shattering difference between a viable LI-filled game and an unviable one:WeSmart:

Grandma's house is everything radiant wants to be, but never will be.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
The good thing about all this discussion is that radiant has a neighbor who has that LI-heavy plot style that does get the job done: grandma's house.

Compare the number of yearly renders of Grandma's House to this game and you'll see what a world-shattering difference between a viable LI-filled game and an unviable one:WeSmart:

I love GH but I think they are very different games. GH is a more light hearted and humorous game and it focuses a lot more on the harem aspect.

Reactions: Grif1001

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

I love GH but I think they are very different games. GH is a more light hearted and humorous game and it focuses a lot more on the harem aspect.
I think you are both right at the same time. GH is a very different game with a different mood set. Both Games do put out a fairly decent story, althought both do have points where the story gets slightly garbled by excessive LI's. That being said; however, GH succedes in so many ways that Radiant fails. Those primarily being the amount of content being put out in the same amount of time, the consistancy of the releases, and a seeming commitment to the project. those 3 C's, content, consistancy, and commitment can make or break a games support base.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I think you are both right at the same time. GH is a very different game with a different mood set. Both Games do put out a fairly decent story, althought both do have points where the story gets slightly garbled by excessive LI's. That being said; however, GH succedes in so many ways that Radiant fails. Those primarily being the amount of content being put out in the same amount of time, the consistancy of the releases, and a seeming commitment to the project. those 3 C's, content, consistancy, and commitment can make or break a games support base.
Personally I don't think that the number of LIs in GH really affects the story. The whole story is that the mc is a hot and very nice guy and all the ladies fall in love with his big ol' penis.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Personally I don't think that the number of LIs in GH really affects the story. The whole story is that the mc is a hot and very nice guy and all the ladies fall in love with his big ol' penis.
Yes, I realize that there isn't a really in-depth story in GH, but there are areas where it get's a bit garbled. Such as how the heck did you're old teacher somehow miraculously end up not only in the same hotel with you in another country, but on the same floor in the hotel? Or how is it that no woman in the world gets upset that you sleep with other members of her family after you meet them? I know its a "Fun" story, but there are so many LI's that it absolutely relies on a constant suspension of disbelief.

Oh the wonders of the Magic Penis

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Honestly, I think this blows most other incest harem games out of the water
If this had regular updates this could potentially be one of the most popular harem games on here
It's certainly one of the best incest harem games I have played
And no sandbox makes it even better lol

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Honestly, I think this blows most other incest harem games out of the water
If this had regular updates this could potentially be one of the most popular harem games on here
It's certainly one of the best incest harem games I have played
And no sandbox makes it even better lol
If...

Reactions: cloudfw

toxinn666

Jul 17, 2022
Is the reason why the male protagonists calls his daughters wards instead of daughters ? Is it because some strange rules by Patreon where no incest or some shit isnt allowed or ?

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
Radiant game-development is at a cross-road. Yesterday, there were 954 supporters on Patreon. Today, 793! Although it's very common for such numbers to droop the first week of any month, this is a massive drop-off.
Last time anything of this magnitude ( even smaller) happened was immediately before 0.5a was announced. If that pattern holds true again, either 0.5b or just jumping to 0.6 should be announced soonish.
If such is not the case...this is the end.

Patreon is key. It represents ~2/3rd of official Radiant game-revenue.

Last edited:

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
Is the reason why the male protagonists calls his daughters wards instead of daughters ? Is it because some strange rules by Patreon where no incest or some shit isnt allowed or ?
Yes.
Get the incest patch from the OP (aka Taboo Edition ) Lewdpatcher. Family matters.

Reactions: toxinn666

Allman

Jan 31, 2021
Radiant game-development is at a cross-road. Yesterday, there were 954 supporters on Patreon. Today, 793! Although it's very common for such numbers to droop the first week of any month, this is a massive drop-off.
Last time anything of this magnitude ( even smaller) happened was immediately before 0.5a was announced. If that pattern holds true again, either 0.5b or just jumping to 0.6 should be announced soonish.
If such is not the case...this is the end.

Patreon is key. It represents ~2/3rd of official Radiant game-revenue.
they still make 4k € monthly though
that´s quite impressive for me
i don´t know how many people are supposed to work on this, but with 4k € it´s possible to live for a while and considering this number was way higher a few months back...

i am not one to critize devs for their work, or not work or whatever is happening with the development because i am not a paying customer
but on the topic of F95 as a platform, my point is: every one of us who downloads a game, a comic, a video or whatever is a potential future paying customer
in my example: i have paid for some of the work of Sneaky Bastard, i think his/her work is fantastic and i would not have found it if not through this side
honestly if you are a developer, share some of your work, engage with the community and you will see that your patreon and or subcribestar numbers, or whatever other selling platform you use, will go up
i mean most of us probably also play "normal" games and which games are the best? mostly the games where the developers listen to their audience and make changes that they ask for
engage with your audience and you look better by default, that is something that large companies have learnt over the past decade of social media

• Sad
Reactions: Tatsuya2022
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes