Grand Duke

Jun 11, 2021
Thanks! I always forget to spend my skill points. My team keeps getting bodied because the enemy is so fast. I got down to the last mage on the second battle with only rick left (after like 4 "not yets") but still lost then raged.
Yeah speed is probably the most important stat in this game especially on maps that have lots of enemies. Early game I focused most of my skillpoints on speed even over attack

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
only the good shit. Anyways, I mean, I get the idea, but she still sucks way too hard:
  1. Store Power, so they will all be powered up
  2. Split to 2
  3. Split to 4
  4. Split to 8
Four fucking rounds to prepare the pigu (granted, store power may be optional, but it scales inherited by split, so...). And the worst is that you then have 7 more chars to fuck around with. I rather have one cool dude, really.

Suicide bomb mission was fairly easy without pigu, which I just put in a corner and skipped her turns, I think. hahaha. But, she was somewhat useful to best the hanny king.
that's not how you do it.

turn 1: don't move, just split
turn 2: one gets a free move, the last unit splits. notice that the first one did an attack and then split before turn end
turn 3: get 3 free moves, the last one splits.
turn 4: 7 becomes a meat tank, 1 is just safety.

admittedly she's only useful situationally. she's bad on some levels like the narrow tunnel level (said tunnel was just asking for a white dest. beam). speaking of which, I don't remember a single rance game where the mages are weak.

gigvigilance

Feb 21, 2019
Any tips on beating valentine? Was thinking of just powering the hell up Tilde and do double special move with her.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Any tips on beating valentine? Was thinking of just powering the hell up Tilde and do double special move with her.
That helps, but it's not enough on its own. Dumping any spare skill points and money into damage helps some, and don't forget that just about everyone has some way to contribute damage, so as you build that bar keep using it to let other characters help out.

Also use the item that buffs the effects of charge attacks to 2x and start off with all 4 of your main beat-warriors dumping in one turn.

Unrelated: Does anyone know if there's an scene with Sill after
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
  • Rolex's special is essentially Shizu's "White Destruction Beam", even way stronger with all the 8x bonuses.
I mean, sure, it's cool as fuck, but holy shit, that's maybe some bullshit.
And about as uninspired as it gets. Lazy hacks. And really, you just don't go there, into white destruction beam territory with some random drunk asshole (great char, btw. not as badass as rick, but still...).

On the bright side, Oluores special ("Zengita-Style Spreadfire") is very cool, very useful and fun to use (sniping out enemy snipers - all of them, gahahaha). Btw. the game is easily "broken" by putting your ninja's like him right where the enemies spawn; they almost never will attack you and just move ahead, fucking retards. Gahahaha.

Man, this piece of a shit game would be so much better, if only each char had a set of interesting skills and tools to play with (and slowly build up in the first place). But no, hoverfart bullshit it is. I just don't get it how you can fuck this up so hard. Dumb gooks.

Oh, and here's another major point of critique: the fuck is up with the lack of proper boss enemies? Sure, there was the flower girl, coincidentally the same fight where Nagi shows up, which of course both is very nice. But other than that? WHERE ARE ALL THE COOL BOSS ENEMIES TO FIGHT? No Leylu. No Ruberan. Rolex/Oluores as enemies? Nah, that would be way too cool. I get that we didn't get to fight Nero, faggot is excused. But come the fuck on, you can't do all the cool boss shit as visual novel only. Fucking hell. Or what about all the cool allies? Why not a map where you fight side by side with Cream, Amitos, or what not (without you getting to control them). Plenty of cool shit you could pull off, yet there is pretty much none of that. You get to fight a Gunagan and a dinosaur under free battles. That's it.

This is just sad, you know?

sachiko_senters_shield_hero_and_a_cute_227.jpg

gigvigilance

Feb 21, 2019
That helps, but it's not enough on its own. Dumping any spare skill points and money into damage helps some, and don't forget that just about everyone has some way to contribute damage, so as you build that bar keep using it to let other characters help out.

Also use the item that buffs the effects of charge attacks to 2x and start off with all 4 of your main beat-warriors dumping in one turn.

Unrelated: Does anyone know if there's an scene with Sill after
As soon as I posted that I tried again and dumped all gold and skill points to attack, I managed to finally killed Valentine lol.

Regarding your question about Sill after

Reactions: darweedz2491\

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
for all its faults I think this is better than most rpgm, vns or hybrids out there. this is in all aspects superior to utawarerumono 2 and 3.

hell I'd argue that if this wasn't a rance game, I'd love to see rolex as the mc. the dude is just adorable and funny. lmao at his literal "fuck this shit im out" in chapter 9 iirc

spmchat

Jul 21, 2019
any1 know how to beat the giant in chapter 4? im stuck there, even they still have some hp remain, my character still wide out of battle by his aoe skill.

gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
Its funny, you totally forget how bad Rance is when you go a while without playing. You'd think the people of this world would go to greater lengths to spread the word about an international serial rapist. But I guess since he's cozy with all the world leaders, it could be hard to get the message out.
And I friggin loathe the "innocent virgin" sexx scenes. Really boring to me. So far the only ones I didn't skip are with

lilitalesv102

May 6, 2020
As usual, the music and plot absolutely slaps. I especially love the theme that plays when the Helmanian council members gather for a meeting. It's just so perfect, combined with the background of a gloomy room in a gloomy castle, with these gloomy people talking about gloomy things. Plus, the background music playing during sad moments is on the money, as usual. Already shed a few tears myself. So glad I'm alive to play this. Just need to wait 5-10 years more for Rance X and Rance 03, then my life will be complete.

gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
As usual, the music and plot absolutely slaps. I especially love the theme that plays when the Helmanian council members gather for a meeting. It's just so perfect, combined with the background of a gloomy room in a gloomy castle, with these gloomy people talking about gloomy things. Plus, the background music playing during sad moments is on the money, as usual. Already shed a few tears myself. So glad I'm alive to play this. Just need to wait 5-10 years more for Rance X and Rance 03, then my life will be complete.
So did you beat it? How did you feel about the bad ends?
I'm almost done and decided to view the bad ends on my second play. I'd rather see the canon stuff first, to prepare myself. Alice soft knows how to treat their ladies haha.

Grand Duke

Jun 11, 2021
So did you beat it? How did you feel about the bad ends?
I'm almost done and decided to view the bad ends on my second play. I'd rather see the canon stuff first, to prepare myself. Alice soft knows how to treat their ladies haha.
The bad ends in this game are quite out of style for the Rance series.In other Rance games almost all rape scenes that don't involve Rance are used to build up villains or done to irrelevant characters. Feels like Alice Soft thought they were getting too soft with how "wholesome," most of the h-scenes scenes are in this game so they decided to stick in these bad endings. Personally I didn't care for it as long as it's avoidable, doubt most of the playerbase enjoyed them perhaps it's different in Japan.

Reactions: gnub33

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
  • Next up: Bastet.
  • Holy shit. Finally a proper fight?
  • hello?
  • anyone?
  • it's VN only. oh no, Bastet ded.
  • What?
  • You wanted to actually fight Bastet?
  • As in... uhm... gameplay?
  • GHAHAHAHAHAHA
Micchan_frame.png

PeacePeace

Nov 28, 2017
The bad ends in this game are quite out of style for the Rance series.In other Rance games almost all rape scenes that don't involve Rance are used to build up villains or done to irrelevant characters. Feels like Alice Soft thought they were getting too soft with how "wholesome," most of the h-scenes scenes are in this game so they decided to stick in these bad endings. Personally I didn't care for it as long as it's avoidable, doubt most of the playerbase enjoyed them perhaps it's different in Japan.
They do these sadistic scenes in every game almost like it's obligatory. I've only played Rance & Evenicle, but ofc Evenicle had weirdly sadistic scenes juxtaposed with an otherwise wholesome, lovey-dovey harem setting. Rance 7 had the Kou scene (and I think a couple non-canon ones), Rance 8 had a couple as well.

There must be a contingent of Alicesoft fans who'll riot if they don't get a sadistic scene (not including all of Rance's rape).

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
I'm getting really rektd by the final boss which is totally not a reminiscent of utawarerumono 1's final boss. the full screen aoe attack just obliterates my weaker charas (tourin and pigu). the need to see crook's aoe heal is very much needed.

how many times do i have to kill that shield? I'm very much dead on the 3rd attempt.

gigvigilance

Feb 21, 2019
how many times do i have to kill that shield? I'm very much dead on the 3rd attempt.
2 times in total, after you destroyed the shield for the first time, a cutscene will trigger and its hinting you to destroy it again but you need to last hit the shield with Patton.

4.50 star(s) 19 Votes