RoyalZel

Feb 22, 2019
They do these sadistic scenes in every game almost like it's obligatory. I've only played Rance & Evenicle, but ofc Evenicle had weirdly sadistic scenes juxtaposed with an otherwise wholesome, lovey-dovey harem setting. Rance 7 had the Kou scene (and I think a couple non-canon ones), Rance 8 had a couple as well.

There must be a contingent of Alicesoft fans who'll riot if they don't get a sadistic scene (not including all of Rance's rape).
And for those who may think otherwise, Rance X has plenty of those kinds of scenes as well.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: XPsychoX

Posner29377a

Jul 7, 2022
Damn great game really hope if they could make a spinoff game and remake of Rance 4 and Brutal Rance in the future.

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Yeah Kicikuou is the game that would benefit most from a remake but it also seems like the one least likely to get one

Aug 22, 2022
The Valentine's boss battle is one of the worst Alicesoft bosses I've ever seen. Is it really just a DPS arms race? No gimmicks?

Yeah Kicikuou is the game that would benefit most from a remake but it also seems like the one least likely to get one
Pretty unlikely since the old vanguards left. All I'm hoping for at this point is that they get out of the infamous gacha rut most eroge developers fall into and develop new titles or sequels to their existing IPs. As far as I know, they haven't announced anything new after their last NTR milfge.

nosiro

Dec 14, 2019
You get to fight a Gunagan and a dinosaur under free battles. That's it.
Don't forget Hanny King, Lockness and the resurrecting monsters. Btw, how do you beat Gunagan?? I am almost at skill level 70+ with weapon gold 600> but he stills utterly destroys my whole team. Half the team dies with the first beam and the other half in the next 2 beams.. its ridiculous..

Aug 22, 2022
valentine.png

That went better than expected. Probably took me around five retries. I feel like she's pretty RNG since if she feels like it and decides to confuse your party members with her every slap, you're going to be royally screwed.

chopee

Nov 2, 2017
Damn, this game was better than expected, I loved it! Also combat was fun and no grind needed as some of you told me. But I wonder if im missing something

gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
I just finished the true route and I have a question.

Why the hell is

And what happened to Bashou Matio the fat council member? I remember robbing his masion and killing his guards but that's it? Was I not paying attention and he got killed off screen? Kechack and Stessel got killed by Minerva...what about the fat one?

gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
The Valentine's boss battle is one of the worst Alicesoft bosses I've ever seen. Is it really just a DPS arms race? No gimmicks?

Pretty unlikely since the old vanguards left. All I'm hoping for at this point is that they get out of the infamous gacha rut most eroge developers fall into and develop new titles or sequels to their existing IPs. As far as I know, they haven't announced anything new after their last NTR milfge.
Gotta make money I guess. Rance is super niche outside of Japan. Hell I have no idea how popular it is INSIDE Japan. I can't blame them for doing what it takes to keep the business alive. And normies love gatcha. Maybe they'll make an Alicesoft verion of genshin impact. but with... y'know r*pe.

Grand Duke

Jun 11, 2021
They do these sadistic scenes in every game almost like it's obligatory. I've only played Rance & Evenicle, but ofc Evenicle had weirdly sadistic scenes juxtaposed with an otherwise wholesome, lovey-dovey harem setting. Rance 7 had the Kou scene (and I think a couple non-canon ones), Rance 8 had a couple as well.

There must be a contingent of Alicesoft fans who'll riot if they don't get a sadistic scene (not including all of Rance's rape).
The ones in sengoku (Rance 7) were used to build up Xavier as a villian and the ones in Rance 8 were used to build up Bishop Enron as a villian so at least they had a reason to be there. These are just there to be there, adding nothing to the story besides sadistic fan service. I mean I'm assuming there's an nonvocal majority of people who like this for them to add in this many in this game.

Grand Duke

Jun 11, 2021
Feels like a lot of people here already played X. Do all you guys read Japanese?
If you've played all the other games in the franchise it's readable with machine translation. I played it with textractor and had a good experience, you can use context to find out most things and most sentences are at least a little comprehensible.

Aug 22, 2022
Gotta make money I guess. Rance is super niche outside of Japan. Hell I have no idea how popular it is INSIDE Japan. I can't blame them for doing what it takes to keep the business alive. And normies love gatcha. Maybe they'll make an Alicesoft verion of genshin impact. but with... y'know r*pe.
I kinda agree with you, can't say I blame them for chasing after the gacha trend. While they're one of the bigger eroge developers out there, they're STILL an eroge developer, so they're still subject to the usual financial hardships that come with being one. TADA royally messing up Daiteikoku back in the late 2000s was enough for them to be horribly in the red, to the point that they had to downsize. That's why vanilla Quest was released and they had to play catch-up with their content through Magnum.

I'm guessing they don't want to go through another potentially company-killing situation again so they'll get what they could take. From what I last read, the gacha isn't at the top of the charts but it isn't at the bottom of it either. It's just doing "okay". I forgot who from Alicesoft said it, but it's doing well enough that they don't have to worry about their financial situation for quite a while. Guess that's why they're not in a rush to release anything yet.

GEMPAL

Jan 14, 2019
tilde's "route" is horrible.

She's just opportunistic. That's that.

Anyway, finally finished the game. I really don't like end game boss battle like Mineva and MM. A small mistake (one of my nuggets crit the boss and killed it by accident) could ruin the whole run. Same like Minerva boss, if you messed up it will flood you with clones.

4.50 star(s) 19 Votes