-Light-

Feb 13, 2020
I found it on a 4chan /haniho/ thread in /vg/ months ago around the time it released.
Thanks a lot, good man! ;) Since the update was released I had been trying to find it all over the internet, but it never crossed my mind that it might be uploaded on 4chan.

For those interested, go to the /haniho/ thread in /vg/ as DuckDairyDip said. Then, at the top of the thread you'll see some "Useful links". There, click on the second pastebin.com link below "Big Alicesoft Collection". Finally, click on the 2011-2015 MEGA link and there you'll find the game in its 1.001 version. I would have posted the MEGA link directly, but I can't until I post 3 messages here on F95 :LOL:

I think it would be great if someone posted the game in its 1.001 version here as it includes several fixes:

- You can really fight True Kaito (world 3) now.
- All item descriptions that were previously too long now fits in the box.
- Late game upgrades to Sachiko will no longer reset after Morurun.
- Many textual displays and typos were fixed.

On the other hand, the 1.002 update doesn't look very important to me if you know in advance the issue that tackles so as to avoid it. It fixes "a save data issue on certain language locales", but the RQM programmer (toufu) said on twitter that "the issue only appeared for a user who *changed* between different non-English locales".

NeZKyMaN

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Thanks a lot, good man! ;) Since the update was released I had been trying to find it all over the internet, but it never crossed my mind that it might be uploaded on 4chan.

For those interested, go to the /haniho/ thread in /vg/ as DuckDairyDip said. Then, at the top of the thread you'll see some "Useful links". There, click on the second pastebin.com link below "Big Alicesoft Collection". Finally, click on the 2011-2015 MEGA link and there you'll find the game in its 1.001 version. I would have posted the MEGA link directly, but I can't until I post 3 messages here on F95 :LOL:

I think it would be great if someone posted the game in its 1.001 version here as it includes several fixes:

- You can really fight True Kaito (world 3) now.
- All item descriptions that were previously too long now fits in the box.
- Late game upgrades to Sachiko will no longer reset after Morurun.
- Many textual displays and typos were fixed.

On the other hand, the 1.002 update doesn't look very important to me if you know in advance the issue that tackles so as to avoid it. It fixes "a save data issue on certain language locales", but the RQM programmer (toufu) said on twitter that "the issue only appeared for a user who *changed* between different non-English locales".
giphy.gif
Why do u love Rance Quest Magnum?

-Light-

Feb 13, 2020
I have already posted 3 messages, so I'll post the MEGA link from the /haniho/ thread on 4chan where there's the game in its 1.001 version:

Once you download the game, you can check that it's the 1.001 version by launching the game and clicking on the top left of the screen on Help > About

Reactions: Drafox and NeZKyMaN

NeZKyMaN

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
I have already posted 3 messages, so I'll post the MEGA link from the /haniho/ thread on 4chan where there's the game in its 1.001 version:

Mega

Once you download the game, you can check that it's the 1.001 version by launching the game and clicking on the top left of the screen on Help > About
So it's not the patch itself but the whole game.... and besides - um, but now before patch i have 3.860e soo... 3.860e > 1.001 ? xD

-Light-

Feb 13, 2020
So it's not the patch itself but the whole game.... and besides - um, but now before patch i have 3.860e soo... 3.860e > 1.001 ? xD
No, there's just the whole game. As for the version you have, that's the latest Japanese version (that would be the 1.0 version for us), which is the version that was originally given to MangaGamer as you can read here:

In other words, if you haven't started the game yet, download the whole game again if you want the 1.001 version. It's just 1.24 GB xD

Reactions: NeZKyMaN

NeZKyMaN

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
No, there's just the whole game. As for the version you have, that's the latest Japanese version (that would be the 1.0 version for us), which is the version that was originally given to MangaGamer as you can read here:

In other words, if you haven't started the game yet, download the whole game again if you want the 1.001 version. It's just 1.24 GB xD
Thanks for the explanation.
No, I haven't started yet - I used to play a bit in a few Rance games but that was a long time ago and all, so I'd like to start again from 01 now ;x

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020

Mega

Do you know of any cheat engine lists that work for this ver? I had tried to use the ones that you find through regular searching on the 1.0 ver that was here and they were apparently for the wrong ver so didn't work, but no one ever says what ver their list is for.

-Light-

Feb 13, 2020
Do you know of any cheat engine lists that work for this ver? I had tried to use the ones that you find through regular searching on the 1.0 ver that was here and they were apparently for the wrong ver so didn't work, but no one ever says what ver their list is for.
I'm sorry, but I've never used any cheat engine, so I can't help you. I'm surprised to know that people don't specify what version their cheat engine list works for.

MadDany

Jul 9, 2017
So I just started the game a few days ago and I'm a bit peeved.

I'm already starting the magnum storyline and I've just now discovered that you can raise cap by moruruning them when they reach their cap. Yet I haven't been doing that, and been using talents instead and only always moruruning them when they hit their min moru lvl.

So I just want to know: Have I missed anything by not doing that (Other than wasting money to buy some of those talents) or am I still good? I get really pissed whenever I do stuff like this in game, missing out on stuff that I should have been paying attention to. if I really did miss out on something, then I am tempted to redo the game again, even tho I spent 2-3 days worth playing now lol

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
So I just started the game a few days ago and I'm a bit peeved.

I'm already starting the magnum storyline and I've just now discovered that you can raise cap by moruruning them when they reach their cap. Yet I haven't been doing that, and been using talents instead and only always moruruning them when they hit their min moru lvl.

So I just want to know: Have I missed anything by not doing that (Other than wasting money to buy some of those talents) or am I still good? I get really pissed whenever I do stuff like this in game, missing out on stuff that I should have been paying attention to. if I really did miss out on something, then I am tempted to redo the game again, even tho I spent 2-3 days worth playing now lol

It's been a while since I've played, I've got to read up on it too lol. Moruruning the girls improves their stats in many ways, including absorbing items in their talent slot when moruruning (up to 5 items). I think though that the minimum level to morurun them doesn't change. 35, 35, 38, 41, 44, 55, 65, 75, etc. So you should be okay if I remember right. It's a bit inefficient to use talent ups instead early on and I think you'll have to grind more than usual to make up for levels lost since the initial morurun resets them to level 1, but it's not the end of the world. Your girls and Rance are probably gimped right now though and you should try to catch them all up in Mororun Damage boosts.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

MadDany

Jul 9, 2017

It's been a while since I've played, I've got to read up on it too lol. Moruruning the girls improves their stats in many ways, including absorbing items in their talent slot when moruruning (up to 5 items). I think though that the minimum level to morurun them doesn't change. 35, 35, 38, 41, 44, 55, 65, 75, etc. So you should be okay if I remember right. It's a bit inefficient to use talent ups instead early on and I think you'll have to grind more than usual to make up for levels lost since the initial morurun resets them to level 1, but it's not the end of the world. Your girls and Rance are probably gimped right now though and you should try to catch them all up in Mororun Damage boosts.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I read that every time I raise cap through morun, it increases the xp requirement right? I'm wondering if i kind of shot myself in the foot by not doing it early on. Almost everyone is 5+ now.

Wish the wiki or even in-game could of told me if morun them that way is a good thing or not or at least something similar. I just assumed that doing it right as you get the min morun req is alright.

Last edited:

MadDany

Jul 9, 2017
can anyone explain this to me. I've been trying to look all over the wiki and in-game but i cant seem to find anywhere it mentions.

Somehow I see that my reserve characters get lvlups by themselves without me using them. What causes that? And I dont mean the special event quests like the sports day or beach ones. I just find them leveled up after i do a dungeon etc.

varage

Jun 26, 2019
so havn't played but if this game doesn't have rape in it ill eat my hat it's a rance game.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
Get the fuck out of here, Rance Magnum got released this year and I had no clue about it? Fucking hell have you any idea for how many years I've been monitoring the translation process till I finally gave up on it entirely and moved on?

Mega

It says Empty folder

Last edited:

pancolle

Oct 17, 2018
The MEGA links on /haniho/ are being nuked so you can't update the game now until someone uploads again.

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes