[.]

Mar 23, 2018
I went to the MangaGamer/Rance game folder and it didn't have a save folder, only some save file opener exe but it did nothing when i clicked on it. Btw when saving in game the slot doesn't even fill even though the game acts like it did it still says empty ( I think the pop up errors are from autosaves where the game cant find the folder or something. Also tried Rance 2 and it seems to work fine and it has a Save data folder in it.
Maybe try to reinstall the entire game. If I remembered correctly, the links are all (if not mostly) .rar files. Just put it in a different folder I guess? I remember downloading my Rance01 from either the Mediafire link or the Pixeldrain one.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
kkr.png

Went for as many happy endings as possible.
54/66 good endings.
11 Neutral were:
Sill (she had to disappear later on so that Lia and Maris went from -2 to +2). Didn't kill her, she stayed a cow.
Kanami, Maria, Satella and Kou require a different ending than the creator one, and the latter is better due to Lia and Maris granting two good endings instead of one.
You have to chose between Leila/Julia and Shizuka/Nagi/Annis respectively.
It may be possible to get Kaoru and Wichita, but that would remove Chizuko and Magic.
It may also be possible to get Sheila (and lose Rona), but I'm 99% sure you would also lose Hunty, so nope.
Usually, Sanakia gets her bad ending, since Toushin City has to be conquered (requiered for the creator ending, and it enables Merim who is required for her own, Ruberan and Mills ends). However, Toushin City got taken in the Creator phase by happenstance and it seems to remove Sanakias bad ending flag. So I got one less bad end due to a bug.

The sole bad ending is Annis, though you could swap her with Shizuka. If you save her, you lose Shizuka. With the two of them and Nagi, you always get at best one good, one neutral and one bad ending respectively. It may be possible to prevent Annis/Shizukas death by only battling Zeth once its taken by monsters, but it would remove too many events and other happy endings. No bad ending should be possible by ending the game at an earlier point, but you would miss a ton of good endings, obviously.

Getting as many bad endings as possible may also be funny. Unless I miss something, one would end up with around 61 bad endings, 4 neutral endings (Kou, Shizuka, Kaoru, Satella) and one good ending: Sill. Man, this could be the ultimate Rance ending.

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Absolutely loved Sengoku Rance primarily for the tactical elements. Are any of the other games like this in the series? It doesn't seem like it from a cursory overview. Kamidori Alchemy Meister was pretty good but a bit grindy. Rance X looked interesting

Jtac

Aug 27, 2017
Absolutely loved Sengoku Rance primarily for the tactical elements. Are any of the other games like this in the series? It doesn't seem like it from a cursory overview. Kamidori Alchemy Meister was pretty good but a bit grindy. Rance X looked interesting
Is gonna be the closest i think you'll find to Sengoku. its similar gameplay wise biggest change being modern Japan and 3 distinct phases and less free form than sengoku. There's also Kichikuou Rance its just a much older game to get use to but did set up a lot of what Sengoku perfected.

Reactions: COHL

smegmin

Dec 4, 2019
This is a bit of an odd request, but does anyone have (or know where to get) the unpatched, Japanese versions of both the Rance 01 and Rance 02 remakes? The English versions are easy to get a hold of, but the Japanese DL site versions cant be found anywhere.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
1 question please, the version here for Sengoku Rance is the Mangagamer's one? Because from what I've read, the Sengoku Rance Expansion mod only works on that version.

Aug 22, 2022
This is a bit of an odd request, but does anyone have (or know where to get) the unpatched, Japanese versions of both the Rance 01 and Rance 02 remakes? The English versions are easy to get a hold of, but the Japanese DL site versions cant be found anywhere.
Not sure if you're still looking for it, but you can easily find 01 on sukebei by searching for "ランス01" or on other direct download sites like ryuu. Strangely enough, seems like I need to search harder for 02 because it isn't popping up as easily as I thought. IIRC, Alicesoft games on DLsite have PlayDRM. It could be cracked, but I'm not sure if anyone bothered doing that instead of just ripping the game from a physical CD.

Reactions: smegmin

smegmin

Dec 4, 2019
Not sure if you're still looking for it, but you can easily find 01 on sukebei by searching for "ランス01" or on other direct download sites like ryuu. Strangely enough, seems like I need to search harder for 02 because it isn't popping up as easily as I thought. IIRC, Alicesoft games on DLsite have PlayDRM. It could be cracked, but I'm not sure if anyone bothered doing that instead of just ripping the game from a physical CD.
Ryuu had both in JP but rance 02 was listed under "alice 2010" instead of just being listed as "rance 02" like rance 01 was. Either way now i have both. So thanks man, you're an actual G.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes