Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Is there any better walktrough than that is on Fandom?
Because I had to restart few times due to how confusing it is...

Barrus

Dec 18, 2020
Was loving my Sengoku rance playthrough till I was late searching for the archfiend little girl. She just turned and nuked my playthrough. So sad.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Want to get into this series, what are the best games to play? Especially those that have SHADE as the music composer.
VI or VII.

VI is the classic that captures the essence (characters, plot, sex), though the dungeon gameplay may not be to your liking.
VII (Sengoku) has the best gameplay, but is cruel without a first game guide.
VIII has a wide range of characters and is more open sandboxish due to the quest gameplay, also a matter if you like dungeons.
IX is a meager version of 6 with Tactics Gameplay, still decent.

Kikuichi is a contestant for the best, but a first game guide and saving it a bit for later is recommended.
01 is extremely basic and mostly for novelity.
02 is a bit easier on the gameplay, but also short.
5 is a joke.

4 is outdated.
03 hopefully comes soon.
Wait like until 2030 for X.

huysound

Oct 29, 2019
Hello everyone, I'm currently attempting to translate the game Rance 01 into my native language, Vietnamese. However, I'm encountering issues with packaging that doesn't support accented characters. According to my research, this is likely due to a lack of UTF-8 support. Can someone help me with this? Thank you. :)

AnnoyingRaven

May 16, 2022
Maybe this is something weird to ask but... does anyone have the sengoku rance's stream patch? Apparently it comes when you buy it through mangagamer, but I bought it in another store.

Last edited:

[.]

Mar 23, 2018
Okay, before I go mad her trying to look for the last two cgs/scenes of page 7 in the Rance 02 (Kai) edition, would a fellow man of culture tell me if they exist or don't?

I've tried to look at an entire gallery of the game on another website and I'm not seeing anything (could just have been the many images that make the last two be lost in details and they all turn into a blur for me).

I've checked the entire thread using the Ctrl+F function and using the keywords [cg, scene] and I've only seen someone sharing their 100% save for Rance 02 (or was it just the cg, I'm really tired right now to remember lol).

I've also used the CG Unlocker and to prove that it worked for me, the CG Unlocker added the Takoyaki sprite which I wasn't able to get since the Alicesoft wiki walkthrough didn't specify the way to get it and only in the comments (much to my dismay after finishing the game). But even with the CG Unlocker the last 2 cgs (if ever they exist) aren't unlocked.

The help would be greatly appreciated.

[.]

Mar 23, 2018
Anyone know how to fix this? View attachment 3253456
I'm not sure but I assume it has to do with the game not recognizing the character you've typed in your file path. Question marks aren't allowed on path directories (if that's what they call them) and almost always they pop up because of the character being unreadable.

So to solve this problem, you just have to rename folder that has a question mark. So I believe, could be another problem though.

fafa123554

Aug 12, 2022
I'm not sure but I assume it has to do with the game not recognizing the character you've typed in your file path. Question marks aren't allowed on path directories (if that's what they call them) and almost always they pop up because of the character being unreadable.

So to solve this problem, you just have to rename folder that has a question mark. So I believe, could be another problem though.
Have tried to find the file by going to the folders it says its in for 1 hour but couldn't. Its the "Documents" folder in my language but the first letter shouldn't be a question mark I didnt name it that. Is there any way for me to jump into the rance save data to find that folder?

[.]

Mar 23, 2018
Have tried to find the file by going to the folders it says its in for 1 hour but couldn't. Its the "Documents" folder in my language but the first letter shouldn't be a question mark I didnt name it that. Is there any way for me to jump into the rance save data to find that folder?

Maybe I'm thinking wrong but I assume you've been checking only your document folder from your PC and not from OneDrive which is the correct subdirectory to then find the Document folder where Rance01 is located.

Check your OneDrive folder which should have its own Documents folder and then there should be the Alicesoft-> Rance01-> ... path.

Last edited:

fafa123554

Aug 12, 2022
Maybe I'm thinking wrong but I assume you've been checking only your document folder from your PC and not from OneDrive which is the correct subdirectory to then find the Document folder where Rance01 is located.

Check your OneDrive folder which should have its own Documents folder and then there should be the Alicesoft-> Rance01-> ... path.
Im not new to computers lol. The onedrive file has a documents file in english because my computer is in english (I dont know why that folder from the error isnt) and it just has 2 random files from other games. My guess is the folder doesnt exist and for some reason the saves have been set to go in it, the pc cant find it and gives this error. Which is probably correct since the game really doesnt keep my saves. Can i somehow change the file where the save files go when downloading it or something?

[.]

Mar 23, 2018
Im not new to computers lol. The onedrive file has a documents file in english because my computer is in english (I dont know why that folder from the error isnt) and it just has 2 random files from other games. My guess is the folder doesnt exist and for some reason the saves have been set to go in it, the pc cant find it and gives this error. Which is probably correct since the game really doesnt keep my saves. Can i somehow change the file where the save files go when downloading it or something?
Didn't mean to insult you in anyway. Just wanted to make sure cause this situation happens a lot to the people I'm with.

But going back to your question, I don't think you can unless you really go change the code itself.

Another solution for finding the folder of the game:

Are you opening the game through a shortcut or through the start menu or tab menu? Cause if you can, you can right click it and open its properties then find the option open file location. That should put you to where the .exe file is which is part of the folder of the entire game. I'm not on my PC right now but if I remember correctly the folder for the saves should be called SaveData.

Last edited:

fafa123554

Aug 12, 2022
Didn't mean to insult you in anyway. Just wanted to make sure cause this situation happens a lot to the people I'm with.

But going back to your question, I don't think you can unless you really go change the code itself.

Another solution for finding the folder of the game:

Are you opening the game through a shortcut or through the start menu or tab menu? Cause if you can, you can right click it and open its properties then find the option open file location. That should put you to where the .exe file is which is part of the folder of the entire game. I'm not on my PC right now but if I remember correctly the folder for the saves should be called SaveData.
I went to the MangaGamer/Rance game folder and it didn't have a save folder, only some save file opener exe but it did nothing when i clicked on it. Btw when saving in game the slot doesn't even fill even though the game acts like it did it still says empty ( I think the pop up errors are from autosaves where the game cant find the folder or something. Also tried Rance 2 and it seems to work fine and it has a Save data folder in it.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes