Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Darkness Hero Rance mod is 1.07

Dothackjhe

Oct 26, 2017
How's "Three for the Slash! Thrust! Burn!" in this thread different from the one in this ?

I noticed that the one linked in this thread is bigger at 160 Mb.

lamba

Jul 10, 2018
I'm going to be an old man before mangagamer finally releases the translated Rance X.
The problem is that Rance 10 is to video games what War and Peace is to novels. The game is long. Very long. In terms of the amount of dialogue it's probably the longest video game ever made because there's a comical number of branching paths. It's less that Manga Gamer is being slow and more that the thing's long.

they said they ain't doin it without TADA and he's retired soooooooooo probably never
I fully expect they'll do it so that Rance 4 isn't a goofy hang nail in terms of dated visuals and not supporting anything resembling a modern display. But at the same time TADA's enjoying his retirement so I half expect it to be a sort of 'break in case of emergency' they're holding back.

Solidkvothe

Apr 28, 2022
I still dont understand the IA exploit in sengoku rance. Like, i have to loose a battle to not be attacked, but its on my turn or its on a defense battle?

Koffiey

Mar 7, 2024
Just sharing this Rance X MTL and interface patch my friend shared to me over disccord
Did tried it and wouldn't really recommend it, but if you're really can't wait to play Rance X then go ahead and enjoy

View attachment Rance X MTL.rar

Last edited:

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Is there no guide on what order is recommended to play this? I kinda wanna start from something more recent and fappable
https://f95zone.to/threads/rance-se...-ch-1-7-kichikuou-alicesoft.456/post-12470206

Rance games can be played on their own.
1 and 2 have remakes, but they are short and barely have a good story. Better play them later inbetween.
3 and 4 are the only ones without a remake (in english), so I'd wait for 3 to be translated and then do them. 3 is one of the more important ones in regards to setting up the grander plot.
5 is garbage.
6 and 7 (Sengoku) are the definitive ones and usually the best introduction to the franchise. Also heavily move the overaching plot along.
8 and 9 are bridge the setted up events in 6 and 7 and prepare for the big finale.
10 hopefully gets translated around 2030.

Finally there is Kikuichi, which is between 4 and 5 and an alternative final game until they continued the series after a few years. Its gameplay get reinvented in Sengoku and the plot is the basic for Rance 10.

My recommendation would be

6, 7, 8, 9 to get the "best" and meatier parts of the franchise.
1,2,5 to get the filler stuff out of the way.
Kikuichi to have a semi final game.
3,4 once the 3 remake is translated and 4 as a follow up.
10 last.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
Is there no guide on what order is recommended to play this? I kinda wanna start from something more recent and fappable
The first game is, well, quite better with remaster. There's a huge difference between original and remastered - you might as well just play them both, it's two different games.

The second game, as far as i know, has a faithful remaster. So it's more about what style of art you prefer. Looks like the only thing that's not faithful is Rance's look, which is made to be closer to Sengoku and the first game's remaster.

Then the third(and by music and designs alone it clearly doesn't have a faithful remaster, but it's yet to be translated), fourth, 4.1, 4.2. Now here you can play Kichikuou, which is an alternative ending to the series. But without it, the next game would be Rance 5, and then it's straight 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

1-3 are very short, with 4 being longer, 5 being a russian roulette, and then 6-10 getting bigger and bigger. Kichikuou is pretty sizable as well, but nothing like 6-10. 1-5 games are probably shorter than 6 alone.

EDIT: Well damn, i've only read the last part now. Something more recent and fappable... i'd say 6 and 8. Still have some pics from them saved. Also 4, not many know, but it even has a cuckquean fetish, which is incredibly rare even now, yet TADA somehow managed to do that in the ancient times. The order of games is straight, 1-10, so you'll skip some character introduction if you'll just jump in the middle. 1 and 2 introduce important people, 3 introduces main antagonists, 4 introduces setting of the world a bit more, 4.1, 4.2 - one important character, 5 - one character as well.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 11 Votes