Link_Xp4444

Jan 6, 2018
I appreciate all these games being added into one thread, but is there any way you could also include the name-changing patch for Rance 5D -The Lonely Girl- and Rance VI -Collapse of Zeth- to this thread as well? You know, the patch that changes atrocious names like Can Can, Fiend and Archfiend to Kyan Kyan, Dark Lord and Demon King. It's just, I literally don't have a single clue on this Earth how to use 4chan or 8chan (everything on there gets deleted so damn fast! :() so trying to get the patch from there isn't really an option for me. I mean, don't get me wrong - I appreciate all the work you put into this thread Muff Diver. However, being able to get the name-changing patches all in one place especially when I don't know how to use said other sites after Manga Gamer went and butchered the names of characters and enemies in these games would be great.

NeZKyMaN

【 Lolicon King 】
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
I wanted to play Rance 01 - Hikari Quest - 2013 version, but it is in Japanese.
I thought I could do it with Visual Novel Reader, but it only explains the dialogues itself and nothing more. Can you set it somehow to translate everything on the screen? because there are buttons, combat results, map and so on, and with the dialogues it is rather difficult to play :-/

The version from 1989 is too old for me and unfortunately I bounced off of it. And since there was a remake for version 1, 2 and 3, I would like to play it in turn, even with VNR. Yes I know that the second part came out with the translation, but unfortunately it is not the first and the third and I do not want to wait a few years ;x

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Yes all the new remakes are in japanese, and i am pretty sure mangagamer who have the rights to it. Won't be touching it until the old series is all translated. IMO

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
I am so hyped for Rance Quest. It is finally on 100% translation and all that is left is 15% of editing.

Reactions: Namco15

maddrd

Aug 19, 2016
Rance 9 and 10 are getting translated I'm so hyped! This is without a doubt the best news I've heard all month!

Reactions: angry10

NeZKyMaN

【 Lolicon King 】
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Sometimes I do not understand why such good games are not published in the English language right away. After all, this one language gives access to customers from all over the world and staying with Japanese, let's face it but it's not such a widespread language.

I thought that in Japan, most programmers and better educated people - have good command of English. Really, the team that creates the game does not have a single person who could translate it into English on a current basis? it's very strange. Maybe I'm stupid, but I do not see the slightest reason why any game would not have to go out in the beginning, among other things, in English. After all, it is a purely business aspect - our brand reaches more people.

PS:
Maybe my idea will be useful to someone. I know how to play Japanese versions of Rance. VNR for dialogs and application "Google Translate" for Android on your phone for translating buttons and rest (is a live translation using the camera). After a while, most things you remember and less often reach for the phone. XD

maddrd

Aug 19, 2016
Are they all uncensored?
If you are talking about and 10 they will be but if you are talking about the ones in this thread already released only 5 and 6 are uncensored with 7 and 8 coming probably this year or early next year.

xefire

Apr 1, 2018
All if you are talking about and 10 they will be but if you are talking about the ones in this thread already released only 5 and 6 are uncensored with 7 and 8 coming probably this year or early next year.
Ok thanks for the quick reply!

NeZKyMaN

【 Lolicon King 】
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
I am currently playing the Japanese remake 01 and unfortunately there is censorship :-( there is a patch or version without it? Later, I'm going to play remake 02 and 03, is there a mosaic too?

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
NO idea can't read or speak japanese. But seeing its japanese doesn't surprise me its censored they do that on nearly all there games

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Sometimes I do not understand why such good games are not published in the English language right away.
As a friend once said, some westerners like Japan a little too much but the feeling isn't mutual.

It's a mixed bag of reasons. Some devs don't think it's worth the money to have them translated and some devs don't give a fuck about anyone that isn't Japanese.

NeZKyMaN

【 Lolicon King 】
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
I just appreciate their "difference" whether in television programs or just computer games. They can do things that no other country is doing and that's why it's so interesting.

These are just computer games, so I doubt that the lack of love for other countries had some meaning here. One language = the whole world, I doubt that in any scale of costs they would not pay off. I do not know the economics of this type of games, but it pays for the logic itself. It is true that maybe I can not understand it because I do not have the mentality of a person from Japan. Equally well, they may already be used to the fact that someone will translate either their films or games - if they find them interesting and worthy enough.

Personally, I think, however, that the market for games and not only is not yet shaped on a global scale in Japan and the rest of the world. Something is not playing here in this respect, but it's good that more and more groups like MangaGamer are emerging that notice the option of earning money in translating Japanese games. That's why supporting this type of teams is the only chance to improve the situation with translations ;-) Another thing is that the prices offered there are often inadequate to the content of the game and you need to read a little earlier and learn about the title. Because, let's face it but the price of 45 $ is I can buy the AAA game and it's often not only in English but also my native language. We will find there a few exceptions worth higher prices, such as the great Evenicle from Alicesoft and a few other titles, depending also on our taste, but this does not change the whole fact.

Well, but no matter, I'm sorry a little drove with the topic XD
We are waiting, we are waiting for the translation of the IX and X parts. At any moment, "Rance Quest Magnum" should appear. After all, everything indicates that we will also see a rematch of Rance Ⅳ - Legacy of the Sect - but the chance for a quick translation is rather small, because after 01 and 03 also do not have it.

To be happy, I need an English remake for great Kichikuou Rance game, I would buy it even for those $ 45. However, this is not likely to happen XD unfortunately ...

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
Sometimes I do not understand why such good games are not published in the English language right away
If you look at the games by Illusion ,Alicesoft etc they generally carry a disclaimer stating they are for the Japenese market only.That is the reason they are not done in English straight away and we have to await a 3rd party translation

NeZKyMaN

【 Lolicon King 】
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Almost there??? View attachment 125645
, i remember playing it years ago with a translator machine x'D.
I currently play the remake 01 with VNR and google translate on the phone. It seems that the messages themselves are understood, but the problem is "word games", then the translated text does not have any logical sense. And as we know, the Rance series is famous for such games itself narration and it is part of the fun of the game. That's why I have to take quite frequent breaks, because such a game can be tiring after 2-3 hours. Well, but there is no tragedy, it can be played somehow.
If you look at the games by Illusion ,Alicesoft etc they generally carry a disclaimer stating they are for the Japenese market only.That is the reason they are not done in English straight away and we have to await a 3rd party translation
In that case, the ground must have a legal aspect. Considering that these are erotic games with more or less moral content - it makes sense. However, I always thought that it could be somehow managed, if others do it and sometimes the games are quickly translated. I think that the answer could only be recognized from the source if a "journalist" asked the authors of such games, why they are so often translated and appear on the market outside of Japan. Or maybe someone already asked such questions with relatively fresh information, in total I did not even look. xD

maddrd

Aug 19, 2016
A reason some the games never come over is due to content and to reaction to Rapelay that caused a lot of outcry about it in the media and after that most companies wanted nothing to do with the english market.

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
There's also the piracy factor. :coldsweat:
In fact, this is one big reason the nip companies don't take much interest in the western market. Heck, the situation is so grave some companies that had drm free products are turning to denuvo now (it's not like piracy doesn't happen there as well).

I still expect more "official" translations to come up in the future though, because the eroge market is stalling and running dry there. Even some big companies (like sprite recently) are on the edge of bankrupcy.
Luckily, the Rance games are selling very well here, so i imagine the remakes translation will probably happen as well.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes