dsouliv03

Feb 13, 2018
I have seen, personally prefer a slightly more subdued and charming line and animations - when it comes to sexuality, but it may be ;-) I would like to see the whole series with Rance as anime. Hentai also sometimes have a whole series, although of course less often than regular ones.

I think that the Rance brand would have potential in this matter - after all, it has a lot of fans.
well i think rance will be an anime in near future coz they releasing a sengoku rance manga every week

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
They're going to translate 1-3 as well?
I guess its up to mangagamer. My guess is only if they see a profit the earlier one's i don't think so they are old and dated. But the remakes i can see they might as they are polished and new but thats in the future me thinks :).

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
Jesus' butt. Mangagamer taking their sweet time finishing Rance 8. Translation at 100% but Editing's been stuck at 84% for a while now. This torment of a wait never ends! After finishing up Evenicle, I need my Rance fix so I can begin my wait for Evenicle 2 :oops:

HathgarNiche

Jul 14, 2017
So i never got into any of the rance games, because i keep getting told that each one is different and they all have different gameplay, but no one ever says WHAT that entails.

Would somebody who has played them, please tel me what kind of game each of them are? Most of the time looking for info just finds pictures of h events or a small static image that is difficult to decern what the actual gameplay is.

NeZKyMaN

【 Lolicon King 】
Donor
Jun 25, 2018

Something is wrong here, Rance Quest is still finishing despite last months and recently announced Rance IX already 100% lengthened and waiting just for proofreading? Do they force all the forces on IX and see in the store a set consisting of Rance VIII and IX? On the one hand, weird, because both parts are not very short. :eazyHype:

Reactions: dsouliv03

kakaok2o

Apr 8, 2018
Why when I beat the final boss in sengoku Rance and I get the fin I want to play the other route but when I go to start new game it is going right to the true route not my 2 gameplay.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
So i never got into any of the rance games, because i keep getting told that each one is different and they all have different gameplay, but no one ever says WHAT that entails.

Would somebody who has played them, please tel me what kind of game each of them are? Most of the time looking for info just finds pictures of h events or a small static image that is difficult to decern what the actual gameplay is.
I don't know who told you each game is different, but they are wrong. The games are a franchise and they follow a story. Each game might be a different arc, but they reference previous games and you can see characters from previous games, so they are definetely connected.

As for gameplay, the changes are usually in the combat. The first few games were a dungeon-crawler with turn based combat. After Rance 6, however, some changes started to show up in the combat with the inclusion of "troops", where each character has troops instead of combat and the previous combat system only used in 1v1 matches.

This change was then polished and improved in Sengoku Rance (Rance 7, basically). I haven't played the games after that because I am waiting for the translations, but since you never picked up a Rance game before, here is my advice.

Give Rance 5D a shot. It stills follow, largely, the gameplay from the previous games, albeit an old school japanese dungeon crawler one. If you can't get used to that, which is fine since it is a rather niche genre, you should skip to Rance 6. It has a more modern and friendly look and gameplay. And I definetely recommend Sengoku Rance (Rance 7), which is the best Rance game imo.

Now, about the story: Like I said, the games are connected. You will see references and characters from previous games, but they each tell their own story, their own arc, so you can play them individually tho, although you might get confused for a bit. Luckily, the plot is hardly complicated, so it is not hard to figure things out as you go from the dialogues.

It would be like watching Dragon Ball Z without ever watching Dragon Ball, or Watching the Frieza saga without ever seeing the Vegeta one.

Reactions: HathgarNiche

HathgarNiche

Jul 14, 2017
Give Rance 5D a shot. It stills follow, largely, the gameplay from the previous games, albeit an old school japanese dungeon crawler one. If you can't get used to that, which is fine since it is a rather niche genre, you should skip to Rance 6. It has a more modern and friendly look and gameplay. And I definetely recommend Sengoku Rance (Rance 7), which is the best Rance game imo.
Yeah, im not worried about the story in that regard, only if i will enjoy it or not. I was definitely lead to believe differently about the gameplay over the series tho, explains why it was so hard to find out what the differences were too, so thanks for all your info and reply. I really appreciate it!

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017

Something is wrong here, Rance Quest is still finishing despite last months and recently announced Rance IX already 100% lengthened and waiting just for proofreading? Do they force all the forces on IX and see in the store a set consisting of Rance VIII and IX? On the one hand, weird, because both parts are not very short. :eazyHype:
AruNaru finished translating Rance 9 at the start of last month and is now working on Rance 10.

And thank god that fucking progress on editing of Rance 8 finally moved, after what, 2 whole months?

If they release both 8 and 9 at once I'm gonna be shoving myself back into my mancave :test:

Reactions: Namco15

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016

Just need patience. It will come, not even mangagamer understands mangagamer :)

Reactions: Namco15 and La'Zaa

Jag

Jul 18, 2017
Here are complete CG Unlocking save files for all the games in this topic. The file includes a readme telling you where to place each file and see the CG (if it's not right on the title menu). This readme is copied below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This effort took me like a month to complete. This may be my magnum opus of save files.

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Here are complete CG Unlocking save files for all the games in this topic. The file includes a readme telling you where to place each file and see the CG (if it's not right on the title menu). This readme is copied below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This effort took me like a month to complete. This may be my magnum opus of save files.
I believe you must be RANCE in a human skin. lol will add it too OP.

Jag

Jul 18, 2017
Eh, I had heard good things about the Rance series, and while I enjoyed it overall, I really hate strategy games. So I phoned it in for Sengoku and Kichikuou by finding the locations of the CG unlocks in the save files and modifying them all to be unlocked. All the others were enjoyable games, but I kind of got sick of the lack of variety in H scenes, and around the third game I just started skimming them.

I also took a break after Rance 4 and played Toushin Toshi 1 and 2 for some more tender (if still somewhat unwilling) H scenes. So it's not like I did exclusively Rance since the start of July, but I did do pretty much exclusively AliceSoft.

One thing I wish I had known about before starting down this path is Rance's "no lolis" rule. Because I am a hopeless degenerate.

KillerKlown

Aug 19, 2018
I remember that Sengoku Rance had a version that was easier to install (aka didn't have to did anything but hit an .exe and had post game content)

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
I remember that Sengoku Rance had a version that was easier to install (aka didn't have to did anything but hit an .exe and had post game content)
Did u read the Op instructions for it at all. The 1 in the OP is that no install click exe. As long as u have

Instruction

1. Unrar to desired location
2. Right Click on System40.exe, and Run in Japanese local as Admin and play game.

loeses

Jan 23, 2018
I became a big fan of Evenicle and I wanted to try out all the other related games, but when I try to open Rance02.exe with AppLoc as administrator, this error appears (I tried without apploc and without administrator)

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes