May 20, 2019
Not all horde/ally "sacrifice" options have been fleshed out yet. We're currently working on advancing the plot, but as time goes on our writers will expand the breadth of those "sacrifices".
So, um. "We're"

As if, you are the dev?

Cool, most devs doesn't like their game appears here on this site, but hear me out:

I've been playing this game for the past serval days and are seriously thinking about pledging if not for the 3070 I decided to buy out of peer pressure next month.

Are you guys planning to have a way to not sacrifice any of the girls to anyone or anything and still beat the game?
Because I found it nigh impossible without throwing a couple of them under the bus to advance in act 4 when everyone has low morale.
I am basically broke, and the only place I am able to take over (that mountain one) gives me nothing other than lower morale...

Also, it makes me question: Can't I just do it myself like a certain Overlord?
Despite I find it amusing that I am a fucking dragon and somehow have to take a backseat in the war or just straight up do nothing, getting stuck and have to throw some girls to the boys is getting hard to swallow.
...I mean, I have all that stats I give myself (that cost all the treasure), and not going to war seems weird.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I am basically broke, and the only place I am able to take over (that mountain one) gives me nothing other than lower morale...
I think if you don't have the kobolds go out for more treasure (and without giving the witch to the warlock) you can take over bastion and the covent if you've had Enid stay with you. The fortress is out of reach without sacrificing a girl.

Maizemallard

Dec 24, 2019
Act 4 isn't complete yet so we don't know what all the features are and all the scenarios that could help in act 4 but there has been talk in this thread about the girls helping us capture places so there's hope. So in the future their may be ways to capture places without having to lose morale. Ill post an update on my guide if there's a way to complete act 4 without having to sacrifice any of the girls.

Jun 29, 2020
So, um. "We're"

As if, you are the dev?

Cool, most devs doesn't like their game appears here on this site, but hear me out:

I've been playing this game for the past serval days and are seriously thinking about pledging if not for the 3070 I decided to buy out of peer pressure next month.

Are you guys planning to have a way to not sacrifice any of the girls to anyone or anything and still beat the game?
Because I found it nigh impossible without throwing a couple of them under the bus to advance in act 4 when everyone has low morale.

Despite I find it amusing that I am a fucking dragon and somehow have to take a backseat in the war or just straight up do nothing, getting stuck and have to throw some girls to the boys is getting hard to swallow.
...I mean, I have all that stats I give myself (that cost all the treasure), and not going to war seems weird.
Not the dev, that honor goes to the wonderful 4MW, but just a writer and collaborator.
If you play your cards right, you can maintain decent morale via plundering and treasure. If you haven't looked at the walkthrough yet, you should.
In regards to DIYing, you're saving your strength for the final, massive assault on Pale Rock, which will be very, very interesting.

Maizemallard

Dec 24, 2019
I thought the Mercs and wolves having 0 morale was an intended feature. I never used the mercs and wolves to attack anywhere and they started with 0 morale is that a bug or was it intended? I'm on version 4.0.3 if that helps

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Have you used them to attack anywhere yet?
I thought the Mercs and wolves having 0 morale was an intended feature. I never used the mercs and wolves to attack anywhere and they started with 0 morale is that a bug or was it intended? I'm on version 4.0.3 if that helps
It's not an intended feature. Just as far as I can tell living at the spire has the wolves and mercs with 0 morale.

Last edited:

Tosk

Jun 4, 2017
It's not an intended feature. Just as far as I can tell living at the spire has the wolves and mercs with 0 morale.
Do you mean to say they are at 0 and giving them gifts doesn't ever raise it? Because if so then I'll make sure to go in and try to fix that on my next round of bug-hunting

Reactions: Silihdar34 (RF)

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Do you mean to say they are at 0 and giving them gifts doesn't ever raise it? Because if so then I'll make sure to go in and try to fix that on my next round of bug-hunting
I've not given them gifts of treasure yet(I've only got the one treasure) but without using them they had 0 morale at the start of act IV.

Tosk

Jun 4, 2017
I've not given them gifts of treasure yet(I've only got the one treasure) but without using them they had 0 morale at the start of act IV.
Ah, ok. That's not a bug then. They've joined you but you haven't done anything for them yet. Wolfmen and Mercs start at 0 and need to be... convinced (I think that's the word I want)... that they haven't made a bad choice signing up with you.

If you're having trouble deciding on how to allocate resources there are a couple of Perfect Run guides in this thread.

There's also the option of starting a game in Power Fantasy Mode. That mode will mean that all stat checks and morale checks always succeed.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Ah, ok. That's not a bug then. They've joined you but you haven't done anything for them yet. Wolfmen and Mercs start at 0 and need to be... convinced (I think that's the word I want)... that they haven't made a bad choice signing up with you.

If you're having trouble deciding on how to allocate resources there are a couple of Perfect Run guides in this thread.

There's also the option of starting a game in Power Fantasy Mode. That mode will mean that all stat checks and morale checks always succeed.
But the wolves had 1 morale when I had them living in the caves. I only needed to give them the abbess to go capture the witch. Are they supposed to be less happy living in the spire?

Tried dark fantasy mode, didn't like how it took no work :)

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018

Hi there! Lead dev here, I'm glad you're enjoying the game :) I don't mind it being here, I think F95 is a great place to find new games.

Yes, the game is beatable without sacrificing girls. Morale is tight in Act IV, because it's intended to force you to choose what's most important to you. Do you:
  1. Leave some of the realm unconquered, and deal with it later when you are king.
  2. Pillage some of the realm, to refresh your forces' ability to fight.
  3. Sacrifice some of the less favoured members your harem.
The choice is yours! Or, if you'd prefer not to make that kind of choice, you can always play in Power Fantasy mode - which means you win every fight, regardless of Morale.

All of the conquest sequences involve you, as well as your chosen horde. But I decided not to make it a simple case of "you smash the heck out of them" - because I want your hordes to be important, and I want to provide some strategic choices. Your personal stats will be important in the forthcoming Assault On Pale Rock.

This might be because you let the wolves have Naho in your previous playthrough (which gives them morale), but it might be a bug. Our #bug-reports channel is the best place for those, as Tosk indicated - bughunting on a forum is really tricky.

May 20, 2019
Hi there! Lead dev here, I'm glad you're enjoying the game :) I don't mind it being here, I think F95 is a great place to find new games.

Yes, the game is beatable without sacrificing girls. Morale is tight in Act IV, because it's intended to force you to choose what's most important to you. Do you:
  1. Leave some of the realm unconquered, and deal with it later when you are king.
  2. Pillage some of the realm, to refresh your forces' ability to fight.
  3. Sacrifice some of the less favoured members your harem.
The choice is yours! Or, if you'd prefer not to make that kind of choice, you can always play in Power Fantasy mode - which means you win every fight, regardless of Morale.

All of the conquest sequences involve you, as well as your chosen horde. But I decided not to make it a simple case of "you smash the heck out of them" - because I want your hordes to be important, and I want to provide some strategic choices. Your personal stats will be important in the forthcoming Assault On Pale Rock.

This might be because you let the wolves have Naho in your previous playthrough (which gives them morale), but it might be a bug. Our #bug-reports channel is the best place for those, as Tosk indicated - bughunting on a forum is really tricky.
Hi there, Lead Dev...I am sorry if I came out sounding rude.

When I write my first post on this thread, I mention that I've already played three runs at that point.
Each run I set up shop in a different place, so sometime in between your post and my post. I learn to let the "full" harem exist in a "parallel universe"...and start throwing more girls to the boys.

It improves a bit, yes, but not much.
I really need to rethink my strategy...

Also to make it clear, I am not asking to literally behave like a certain Overlord, like all you do is fly over the city shooting fireballs like this is just one of those days.
Also not asking to just wreck shit by yourself, the player is not really a Godzilla size dragon to do that as well.

But I think since you have all the stats and even a health meter, maybe have the option to aid your army in the battle to affect the chance of winning?
Like there will be choices of how you approach a battle, your stats effects if you can successfully do them, and if you will get hurt or not.

Ofc, this can be very completed to add in an already established system, and you are the dev, not me, the choice is yours. I am just some rando online.

Also a side note, maybe I am just crazy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Silihdar34 (RF)
4.60 star(s) 202 Votes