4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
I do have some questions though
1. will free updates still happen or will people be required to pay for future updates?
2. will going to steam taint the original idea and force the team to limit their creativity and censor their original idea?
3. will going to steam create drama by players on steam who may not approve of this content?
4. will there be locked content behind a pay wall?
These are good questions!

1. will free updates still happen or will people be required to pay for future updates?

Our build will remain up on Itch (and Steam) as a free demo. I'll keep updating it with new media and other content, but Act V will be delivered to backers and Steam supporters. And, while I would obviously love it if you enjoyed the game and would like to support its development, I'm sure those will get pirated - so I don't think anyone here has anything to worry about.

2. will going to steam taint the original idea and force the team to limit their creativity and censor their original idea?

No, quite the opposite. Even if the Steam release has some things redacted from it (which is by no means certain), we'll continue to publish the full game elsewhere, and I'm sure a content patch will be made available. Having an extra income stream actually allows us more creative freedom, because we don't have to worry about crackdowns or policy changes from Patreon, and we're capable of doing more awesome stuff (like animated scenes, new waifus, etc).

3. will going to steam create drama by players on steam who may not approve of this content?

Maybe? We have some, uhh, unique content, but we're not a million miles away from other things already on Steam. Like this gem, which showed up on New & Popular yesterday:

1626516966316.png

In the worst-case scenario where we do get pulled from Steam, we're still not in a worse position than where we are before publishing there.

As outlined above, I plan to have Acts I-IV publicly available for everyone, and Act V for backers (inc. people who buy on Steam). This is the most generous I can possibly be, without expecting people to pay for something that they can already get legitimately for free.

If you have enjoyed Ravager, and want to see it prosper - or you're excited for our future projects (I certainly am) - please consider giving back and helping us finish it. We're not a big company, or a long-established team; what we can do is directly correlated with the resources we have to do it.

Anonikus

Jul 24, 2020
4MinuteWarning
As outlined above, I plan to have Acts I-IV publicly available for everyone, and Act V for backers (inc. people who buy on Steam). This is the most generous I can possibly be, without expecting people to pay for something that they can already get legitimately for free.

If you have enjoyed Ravager, and want to see it prosper - or you're excited for our future projects (I certainly am) - please consider giving back and helping us finish it. We're not a big company, or a long-established team; what we can do is directly correlated with the resources we have to do it.
Sounds reasonable considering all the work you've put into this game. Wish you the best with the steam launch and coming work.

I guess I won't be supporting after all then. I only do that for games that don't lock part of the game behind a paywall.
I guess part of the issue is that you already weren't supporting them, in the way they needed.
Good on you for upholding your principles though.

_Maou_

Jun 2, 2018
photo_2021-07-18_02-34-05.jpg
Art Preview: Sabetha's Revenge
After a short spell of illness, Lubbio is back - and back on form! He's illustrated a beautiful sequence where Sabetha kindly helps Inej get over some of her... hesitancies.
Ravager: now with tanlines.
Support the game! , or
Join the discord!

Reactions: Maizemallard

_Maou_

Jun 2, 2018
I guess I won't be supporting after all then. I only do that for games that don't lock part of the game behind a paywall.
As a leader you gotta make hard choices to ensure continual growth and not everyone will approve of said choices and/or the consequences, but then again not everyone matters (at least in this regard). "those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr Seuss

pshiel23

Jan 8, 2020
Question: i love Malice and Heloise and so i always end up goign through their story. The ending that happens if you give birth to Malice,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, does that still happen if you dont give birth to Malice?

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Question: i love Malice and Heloise and so i always end up goign through their story. The ending that happens if you give birth to Malice,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, does that still happen if you dont give birth to Malice?
No it doesn't happen if Malice doesn't exist.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020

View attachment 1037849

Hey there folks! 4.1.5 was released last night. I'm currently working on an enhancement patch to fix the few bugs that slipped through, and add some new content that didn't quite make the deadline.
Like this little moment of seeing eye-to-eye with your lovely elven waifu, rendered in gorgeous detail by Lubbio.
To be honest I kind of prefer the old drawn art style. This is too realistic for me.

ThompsonBalo

Jul 15, 2020
To be honest I kind of prefer the old drawn art style. This is too realistic for me.
It actually isn`t realistic at all, it looks more 3d but at the same time lacks a lot of detail and therefore looks more plastic but also more dough like and unfinished. I prefer the old drawing style as well. Either that or they should put more work and detail into it if you really wanna go for the more realistic approach. Softer shadows and more detailed hair would be a good start.

Reactions: BegoneThrot

littleowen

Jul 16, 2018
What does happen?
The sun comes out and that's about it, basically just a symbolism of a new dawn in a new age, of course, ruled by you

Also, i recommend doing other routes as there is a lot going on there too. The infernals in particular (despite the price of having them being losing the best girl) have some nice writing on the battles that really hammered home the levels of power you are involving yourself with, they are quite scary

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 207 Votes