F1forhalp

SOTD: The Band - The Shape I'm In
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
It was built by kobolds. I don't think they'd even know what to do with sandpaper if you gave them a piece.
"hey you. hold this rock. rub that wood with this rock, until i say stop." that's how kobold does it reeeally smooth. he knows you can just snap him in half, and gulp down the pieces, so he'll do as told.

Reactions: mrttao

ggg111g

Apr 9, 2018
Seems like an.... interesting design decision to softlock the game if you don't find a lair in time, without giving you the chance to fight back and only a vague indication that you should find one soon? Even attempting to find a lair in this state results in instant death.

Reactions: Mister_Ferret

Repreive

Oct 19, 2019
Ctrl, like all Ren'py games. Though, it'll only skip already seen text, unless you set it up to skip everything.
I didn't mean the "skip" button... Auto-forward. As in, you flip it on and it flips through text pages on a timer.
Like for hecksake, there's settings in-game for it... But no keybind for it.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I didn't mean the "skip" button... Auto-forward. As in, you flip it on and it flips through text pages on a timer.
That's most likely something from the engine rather than the game, I think.

Seems like an.... interesting design decision to softlock the game if you don't find a lair in time, without giving you the chance to fight back and only a vague indication that you should find one soon? Even attempting to find a lair in this state results in instant death.
To be fair, you have a clear timer on screen, and the game is quite insisting on that point. It's not like it comes out of nowhere without you knowing what you have to do...

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Oh, I don't eat him for power. I eat him because he's clearly got some ulterior motives and I don't trust him.
Or he's just... You know, just more articulate than other kobolds. They are every bit as revering as he is, the only difference is that his brain doesn't have the size of a pea.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Just download Auto-clicker.

meseta1234

Dec 27, 2016
When is the "big" update coming? to know if i should wait for a bit or play again it's been a couple of months since i have to have more content

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Or he's just... You know, just more articulate than other kobolds. They are every bit as revering as he is, the only difference is that his brain doesn't have the size of a pea.
It's been a while since I've actually let him live so I forget exactly what it was that made me be sure to always kill him. I think it was because he was going behind my back and talking to Naho and/or threatening her or something? That's a big no-no in my book. Only I get to interact with my pets. Either way, I have no use for a kobold that can think for itself anyway. Kobolds that can think for themselves might start having funny thoughts like "maybe I shouldn't let the dragon eat me" and that's simply not acceptable :LOL:

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
It's been a while since I've actually let him live so I forget exactly what it was that made me be sure to always kill him. I think it was because he was going behind my back and talking to Naho and/or threatening her or something? That's a big no-no in my book. Only I get to interact with my pets. Either way, I have no use for a kobold that can think for itself anyway. Kobolds that can think for themselves might start having funny thoughts like "maybe I shouldn't let the dragon eat me" and that's simply not acceptable :LOL:
Well, while he does get too ahead of himself, he doesn't do it to try to wreck your power. If anything, he's mainly overzealous in trying to be usefull and think ahead of what could help you without bothering you with questions every 5 minutes. It's pretty clear he loathes his kin for their simple mind and low intellect, so it seems pretty logical he'd try to show more initiative. The only thing is that he doesn't know what you're thinking, so he does with that he remembers from his previous master.
Basically, he's trying to get ahead of potential problems, but doesn't really do a good job because he doesn't know what you intend in the first place.

Reactions: Dysphorika

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
Well, while he does get too ahead of himself, he doesn't do it to try to wreck your power. If anything, he's mainly overzealous in trying to be usefull and think ahead of what could help you without bothering you with questions every 5 minutes. It's pretty clear he loathes his kin for their simple mind and low intellect, so it seems pretty logical he'd try to show more initiative. The only thing is that he doesn't know what you're thinking, so he does with that he remembers from his previous master.
Basically, he's trying to get ahead of potential problems, but doesn't really do a good job because he doesn't know what you intend in the first place.
The best servant is who anticipates the will of their master/mistress.

Reactions: Rutonat

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Fair enough. Still gonna eat him though.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Honestly, I like Issa’s autonomy. I wouldn't want an army that relies solely upon my orders to function.
Yup. If all of your servants constantly wait for your orders, nothing will ever get done, and when you get invaded, they could just as well be stupid enough to come ask you if they should defend. Also leaves the door open to them believing someone telling them that what they say comes from you.
Plus, Issa's underhanded tactics wan pay off, like when you march on the capital if you made him the kobold leader.

Apr 29, 2022
Yup. If all of your servants constantly wait for your orders, nothing will ever get done, and when you get invaded, they could just as well be stupid enough to come ask you if they should defend.
Exactly! Every so often, it's better to listen to your guts and take an opportunity if one presents itself, rather than waiting if your higher up allows it and potentially losing the said opportunity. This can also be applied to armies and soldiers.

You have to be able to delegate as a ruler and grant subjects a certain amount of autonomy.

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Band - The Shape I'm In
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
That's most likely something from the engine rather than the game, I think.
this auto-forward setting kind of 'comes with the package'; you can have it, or remove it. imo since it's in the settings, should just have a button among the usual ones, like other Ren'Py games have, -or- be removed from settings if it's not intended for use. that avoids confuzzled players.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
this auto-forward setting kind of 'comes with the package'; you can have it, or remove it. imo since it's in the settings, should just have a button among the usual ones, like other Ren'Py games have, -or- be removed from settings if it's not intended for use. that avoids confuzzled players.
I meant about the fact there was no keyboard shortcut to it.

4.60 star(s) 207 Votes