Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Neither do I, but weren't you agreeing with him that there's no shortcut?

Unless the '...flips through text pages on a timer.' does need some sort of timer. I don't know about anything like that in default Ren'Py.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Neither do I, but weren't you agreeing with him that there's no shortcut?

Unless the '...flips through text pages on a timer.' does need some sort of timer. I don't know about anything like that in default Ren'Py.
As I never used auto-play, I never checked if there was a shortcut for it. Since he seemed to say there weren't, I assumed he looked and didn't find any. I'm not going to tell him there is one if I don't know if there is, just to go against him.
If he's mistaken and there is a shortcut, someone will eventually say so.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, but you went further than that and essentially did tell whoever reads your post(s) that there is no shortcut. Not merely that you are not aware of one, which would have been fine.

Eh, it's going offtopic again... :whistle:

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Band - The Shape I'm In
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
i didn't mean a key shortcut, but form other games i do know a button, usually among the fwd/back/skip/fskip/load/save/qsave ones. haven't used any shortcuts in this game so far, heavily leaning on mouse usage.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
i didn't mean a key shortcut, but form other games i do know a button, usually among the fwd/back/skip/fskip/load/save/qsave ones. haven't used any shortcuts in this game so far, heavily leaning on mouse usage.
My bad, then. I missunderstood what you were looking for.

Reactions: F1forhalp

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
i didn't mean a key shortcut, but form other games i do know a button, usually among the fwd/back/skip/fskip/load/save/qsave ones.
Yeah, the Ravager folks seem to have done away with the 'auto' button, to the point that it'd be hard to fit it back into the UI. TAB still works, though.

_Maou_

Jun 2, 2018

Thanks to Irrelevant Art, we now have art for everyone's most beloved* and highly-anticipated** character - the court herald! Seen here in both Act V and Act I incarnations. Spot the difference?
herald_preview.png
Support the game! , or
Join the discord!

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
this auto-forward setting kind of 'comes with the package'; you can have it, or remove it. imo since it's in the settings, should just have a button among the usual ones, like other Ren'Py games have, -or- be removed from settings if it's not intended for use. that avoids confuzzled players.
Ravager retains the 'skip' function, but I've temporarily disabled the button for 'auto-forward' because it doesn't play well with our voice acting - where sometimes you have voices you want to finish before rolling forward, and sometimes you have voices that are intended to continue playing in the background and shouldn't get in the way of auto-forward.

It's potentially fixable with a lot of manual tweaking, but we don't have the time/resources to invest in that whilst we're busy with other things (*cough*Act V*cough*). So it remains disabled for now.

I did not notice that the preference toggle was left in; I'll disable that as well, to avoid confusion!

claus001

Feb 15, 2020

Thanks to Irrelevant Art, we now have art for everyone's most beloved* and highly-anticipated** character - the court herald! Seen here in both Act V and Act I incarnations. Spot the difference?
View attachment 1795886
Support the game! , or
Join the discord!
My inner dragon has always desired to fuck a drunken boomer.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Ravager retains the 'skip' function, but I've temporarily disabled the button for 'auto-forward' because it doesn't play well with our voice acting - where sometimes you have voices you want to finish before rolling forward, and sometimes you have voices that are intended to continue playing in the background and shouldn't get in the way of auto-forward.

It's potentially fixable with a lot of manual tweaking, but we don't have the time/resources to invest in that whilst we're busy with other things (*cough*Act V*cough*). So it remains disabled for now.

I did not notice that the preference toggle was left in; I'll disable that as well, to avoid confusion!
figured as much with that button... one idea might be, to have a "set default" speed for (autoplay+voice) and stop voicing for speed settings that don't match. which in turn surely would raise more error reports the likes of "omg why voice not play" if not explicitely flagged.
the alternative would be, to have each single voiced scene having a multitude of each single voice file at different speeds, and code something like a switcher just only for the autoplay setting.. sounds like a ton of work for a questionable result imo..
i've had it in some other Ren'Py game that voicing kept cutting in (and got cut off) when not using skip, but just clicking through dialogue instead; that wasn't enjoyable either, to the point i muted the whole.

Reactions: 4MinuteWarning

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
figured as much with that button... one idea might be, to have a "set default" speed for (autoplay+voice) and stop voicing for speed settings that don't match. which in turn surely would raise more error reports the likes of "omg why voice not play" if not explicitely flagged.
the alternative would be, to have each single voiced scene having a multitude of each single voice file at different speeds, and code something like a switcher just only for the autoplay setting.. sounds like a ton of work for a questionable result imo..
i've had it in some other Ren'Py game that voicing kept cutting in (and got cut off) when not using skip, but just clicking through dialogue instead; that wasn't enjoyable either, to the point i muted the whole.
Yep! Hence "disable until it makes more sense to invest the time in making it work". I'm doing my best to make reasonable design decisions - it's on the list of things that I'd like to do, but progressing the main plot is definitely a more valuable target right now!

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
Yep! Hence "disable until it makes more sense to invest the time in making it work". I'm doing my best to make reasonable design decisions - it's on the list of things that I'd like to do, but progressing the main plot is definitely a more valuable target right now!
Thank you for the update and work 4MinuteWarning!
I hope we got more petruk femboy content in future update:p

Gmandingo

Nov 3, 2019
I'm gonna pass on this until chanwe and naho are implemented as main consort but ...... and i mean a huge butt i will be back to play ...... with chanwe and nahos butts

• Hey there
Reactions: sharpys and _Maou_

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
i like that decision ;) best to push the whole re-sync with various autoplay speeds way way down the wishlist.. in the end it might appear the most time consuming part of the whole project, along with a big jump in size for the whole, with unknown numbers of people who actually want it.
if you're a completionist, i can picture the nagging uncomfyness of something not done will have you try anyway, some day. been there.

Jojeke

Jan 21, 2018

View attachment 1795886
Support the game! , or
Join the discord!

• Haha
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss
4.60 star(s) 207 Votes