GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Found the problem.
You can go "Equals" with morgana EVEN AFTER you get locked into Mistress route. Maybe you should add a check for that so the button either disappears or she goes "Nope!" like she does when love is lower than control/obsession and you click that particular button.
Oh yeah I forgot to hide the button.
*do it* It's done, the problem will be solved when I push next update.

hanahsolo

Dec 21, 2018
You can unlock ritual over the course of several runs, if you die, you shouldn't loose the mana invested in ritual.
I'll investigate, but you're supposed to have the option to either get her mindless or use the scroll on her when you go throught tutorial. Maybe I broke something, I'll try to check when I add the next option for Selene.
It has been while broken, i remember noticing it when trying different options between Slut mask and Drain Will, last doing nothing as she was already mindless.

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
Been playing this for the past few days and something that I have thought to myself is that I am sorely lacking in information on what things do and what my next major goal should be, and a thought occured to me whilst looking through the thread, resulting in these suggestions. (on 7e btw so some of this might be done already).

-New ritual/s: Implement a ritual/s around retaining information. I think this/these ones specifically will be similar to the one off rituals but will require progressively more mana to repeat as well as possible checks to add difficulty in completing them. Performing each ritual will reveal new information that the player can refer to whenever they want. An example being... Ritual of Arcanic Scouting: 1000 mana cost and the reward is that it will reveal the growth of enemy waves and strengths up to the highest wave beaten. This ritual would allow players to more efficiently adjust their loop to loop agenda. Another ritual idea is Ritual of Hypnotic Observance (Selene-Puppet): 4000 mana cost with the reward of information on how hypnosis will affect the sidekick bonuses of Selene in the puppet state specifically with the added requirement of saaaay corrupting her to 40% before you can start pumping mana into the ritual. This line of thought can be followed to add more rituals that will serve both as guide posts for players as well as a method of retaining useful information that is useful to the player.

Also side note on mana generation is that it is not difficult for me to max tickspeed for meditation with just Puppet Selene, so an idea to remedy this would be to put in an upgrade that doubled mana gain and tick requirements for...300-500 mana. So 2 mana per tick if I had 100 meditation total and a second upgrade that cost 750-1000 that would give 3 mana per tick for 200 meditation. The idea being that heavy investment into meditation yielding strong, yet quickly diminishing returns to both reward players for their dedication while keeping in line with the general feel of the game...if that makes sense. The reason why I think this should be an upgrade is that making the tick req increase permanant could be detrimental enough to make players lose progress as they are no longer able to generate as much mana from loop to loop. Could be turned into a Ritual similar to the mana cap ritual if you really wanted to, but I'm unsure as to how...catastrophic it would be on the game balance.

This is basically some rough suggestions that could definitely do with some refinement, but I think the general ideas are worthwhile to consider.

Dudenator

Sep 2, 2017
Welp i gave it a try but holy shit the start is so boring i almost gave up. Repeatedly failing while watching tiny stat increases isn't fun nor does it make people want to keep going.

Some people might be into being blueballed but most just get annoyed by it.

Reactions: Mr.Unlucky23

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
third and last one: Was the game supposed to rack up 78 Gigs of Ram in firefox? (nothing else was running, and I'm quite sad that I did not make the screenshot) If yes, then I might be willing to point out that the correct answer was supposed to be "No" and that there is either a memory leak, or faulty Garbage collection running there.
I must congratulate you, not only reaching 78Gigs of Ram usage is quite impressive in itself, but telling me that allowed me to pinpoint easily where the memory leak was (because obviously to reach such high number it has to be in a function repeated a lot/infinite loop) and because you reached this huge number when I never managed to reach 1GB I supposed that you called this function much more often than me, in other words it had to be tied to a total skill level rather than the main "timetick loop" (because I always do lots of short runs when I debug but never big long run so I never reach high skill level).

It was then obvious that the problem wasn't in the main time loop but in the skill loop, I found it and fixed it. It's be in the next patch.

Thank you for your precise feedback :giggle:.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Welp i gave it a try but holy shit the start is so boring i almost gave up. Repeatedly failing while watching tiny stat increases isn't fun nor does it make people want to keep going.

I think you're supposed to have new content almost every single run. I think you can do something like :
run 1: die, run:2 mask ending, run 3 pupettry, run 4 first drone. So I think I won't increase progress/run.
That being said I agree the game is too slow atm. I'll just double the game speed and remove the X2 speed stored when you have the game minimized, it was just an overcomplicated way to reduce frustration of the game pausing when minimized anyway.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Been playing this for the past few days and something that I have thought to myself is that I am sorely lacking in information on what things do and what my next major goal should be, and a thought occured to me whilst looking through the thread, resulting in these suggestions. (on 7e btw so some of this might be done already).

-New ritual/s: Implement a ritual/s around retaining information. I think this/these ones specifically will be similar to the one off rituals but will require progressively more mana to repeat as well as possible checks to add difficulty in completing them. Performing each ritual will reveal new information that the player can refer to whenever they want. An example being... Ritual of Arcanic Scouting: 1000 mana cost and the reward is that it will reveal the growth of enemy waves and strengths up to the highest wave beaten. This ritual would allow players to more efficiently adjust their loop to loop agenda. Another ritual idea is Ritual of Hypnotic Observance (Selene-Puppet): 4000 mana cost with the reward of information on how hypnosis will affect the sidekick bonuses of Selene in the puppet state specifically with the added requirement of saaaay corrupting her to 40% before you can start pumping mana into the ritual. This line of thought can be followed to add more rituals that will serve both as guide posts for players as well as a method of retaining useful information that is useful to the player.

Also side note on mana generation is that it is not difficult for me to max tickspeed for meditation with just Puppet Selene, so an idea to remedy this would be to put in an upgrade that doubled mana gain and tick requirements for...300-500 mana. So 2 mana per tick if I had 100 meditation total and a second upgrade that cost 750-1000 that would give 3 mana per tick for 200 meditation. The idea being that heavy investment into meditation yielding strong, yet quickly diminishing returns to both reward players for their dedication while keeping in line with the general feel of the game...if that makes sense. The reason why I think this should be an upgrade is that making the tick req increase permanant could be detrimental enough to make players lose progress as they are no longer able to generate as much mana from loop to loop. Could be turned into a Ritual similar to the mana cap ritual if you really wanted to, but I'm unsure as to how...catastrophic it would be on the game balance.

This is basically some rough suggestions that could definitely do with some refinement, but I think the general ideas are worthwhile to consider.
I kinda planed to add ritual giving more information, but tbh it's kinda low priority atm, I still added to my todolist so maybe I'll do it if I stumble on it later, but for this update I have huge amount of work already.

I just finished adding the "prolonged meditation" upgrade, increase time to meditate X20 and mana gerated X25.
It will be avaiable in the enxt update, thank for your suggestion.

nononomaybe

Jun 6, 2018
Thanks for your polite reply!

Hmm 40 minutes is more than I expected time to reach the drone scene.
especialy considering the time it took you to complete half of tutorial.
As the developer you will definitely play faster and more efficiently than any first-time player.

A few things I did that are likely to consistently slow down new players:
- Reading all the story text, interface, upgrades, etc for the first time.
- Clicking through things like the "Settings" menu to see what is available.
- Repeating "wrong" story choices (eg: Put the mask on Selene). One time I intentionally repeated a choice to test what happens, one time I just hit the wrong button, one time I guessed wrong about how much mana I could get and the "stab timer" ran out.

Now that I think about it, either removing/disabling the "wrong" story choices, or visually highlighting the new/correct story choice might streamline the new player experience.

None of these are significant roadblocks, but each little inefficiency soaks up a bit more new player gameplay time.

Last edited:
Reactions: GratuitousLove

roe92

Jul 23, 2018
Hmm I can't reproduce the bug and I'm used to have more complete error message in the console. It's strange because on my end it works even on opera or opera GX.
Maybe your save is corrupted somehow? Is it the first time you play or did you already play an older version?
Maybe you want to try with another save? This save is a save with 0 progression in the story but 5 in every stats soyou can adavance faster in the game if you want to tesst it?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There might be small inconsistency in the early tutorial as you'll be able to activate the crystal on your first run, but nothing gamebreaking it'll only affect the first run.
you are suposed to paste the text in the box under load from text and click on it right? it doesn't do anything for me i still have my original stats

Adaptation, Skill : 6.3, army : 1, Sidekick : 1, total : 6.3
Magic, Skill : 14.7, army : 1, Sidekick : 1, total : 14.7
Construction, Skill : 5.6, army : 1, Sidekick : 1, total : 5.6
Fighting, Skill : 14.5, army : 1, Sidekick : 1, total : 14.5
Hypnosis, Skill : 4.9, army : 1, Sidekick : 1, total : 4.9

i tried donwloading firefox and i can save and load to and from text there but the save you give me doesnt work in either browser.
the save firefox produces is slightly differnt from the one you give me
like this : {"chapter":"1","title":"mistress","fightingSkillLevel":"1","ritualDrainWill":"0","playerName":"undefined","adaptationSkillLevel":"1","ritualPossession":"0","ritualRepetition":"0","magicSkillLevel":"1","pronoun":"she","kidName":"girl","pronoun2":"her","ritualMagic":"0","constructionSkillLevel":"1"}
hope it helps

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Thanks for your polite reply!

As the developer you will definitely play faster and more efficiently than any first-time player.

A few things I did that are likely to consistently slow down new players:
- Reading all the story text, interface, upgrades, etc for the first time.
- Clicking through things like the "Settings" menu to see what is available.
- Repeating "wrong" story choices (eg: Put the mask on Selene). One time I intentionally repeated a choice to test what happens, one time I just hit the wrong button, one time I guessed wrong about how much mana I could get and the "stab timer" ran out.

Now that I think about it, either removing/disabling the "wrong" story choices, or visually highlighting the new/correct story choice might streamline the new player experience.

None of these are significant roadblocks, but each little inefficiency soaks up a bit more new player gameplay time.
I feel like I don't really want to do that, I think it's fine having people dying if they repeat the exact same "bad" path they did previous time, that being said the punishment is probably too high for now so doubling game speed should reduce that somewhat.
I feele that the gamespeed was ok whenyou read text for the first time but if you hae to redo everything because you went to the same path 2 times in a row and havve nothing to read having to wait for the bar de complete can be frustrating. I might change things if I have more negative feedback about progression once the speed is doubled but I at leat want to test it this way.
you are suposed to paste the text in the box under load from text and click on it right? it doesn't do anything for me i still have my original stats

Adaptation, Skill : 6.3, army : 1, Sidekick : 1, total : 6.3
Magic, Skill : 14.7, army : 1, Sidekick : 1, total : 14.7
Construction, Skill : 5.6, army : 1, Sidekick : 1, total : 5.6
Fighting, Skill : 14.5, army : 1, Sidekick : 1, total : 14.5
Hypnosis, Skill : 4.9, army : 1, Sidekick : 1, total : 4.9

i tried donwloading firefox and i can save and load to and from text there but the save you give me doesnt work in either browser.
the save firefox produces is slightly differnt from the one you give me
like this : {"chapter":"1","title":"mistress","fightingSkillLevel":"1","ritualDrainWill":"0","playerName":"undefined","adaptationSkillLevel":"1","ritualPossession":"0","ritualRepetition":"0","magicSkillLevel":"1","pronoun":"she","kidName":"girl","pronoun2":"her","ritualMagic":"0","constructionSkillLevel":"1"}
hope it helps
This is really odd, I can like save to and from any browser and if you have the same browser idk what would cause that.
Maybe :
-Browsers not up to date.
-Game not up to date (but I suppose you have at least 0.7e and 0.7f shouldn't change the save system anyway)
-Maybe game file got corrupted somehow? You should try redownload it.
-There could be a problem with your computer? Maybe some kind of antivirus that thinks that trhying to get data from your browser could be a malicious atempt to get your data?
-Maybe I missclicked and didn't copy my save properly when I tried to edit it.

You could try to redownload the game, or if you're fine with using firefox I made a custom save with your stats hope it works this time.

This saves has the game more or less completed but from your stats I can tell that you've already seen all the "missable" content so you can use it without worry.

Reactions: nononomaybe

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I've started running out of memory when playing. I tried using Chrome instead of Firefox and can't seem to get it to work at all.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I've started running out of memory when playing. I tried using Chrome instead of Firefox and can't seem to get it to work at all.
Yeah sorry there is a memory leak problem atm, the longer the game is running the more memory it consumes.
I've already fixed it on my end but I've not uploaded the fix yet, I'll try to upload it soon but my version of the game is a but unstable right now because I have in progress feature. As soon as they're done (later today or tomorrox I'm not sure yet) I'll upload the fix and let you now.

In the meantime note that refreshing the page "reset" the memory cost of the game so you should refresh the page every loop to limit the impact of the bug.

Edit : I uploaded it, the mega link in the OP is 0.7g, correcting a couple bug including memory loss.

Last edited:

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Tried the game for about 40 minutes. Here are some thoughts and feedback:

- The interface buttons are quite small considering the amount of empty space on the page. I suggest larger buttons & text. I'm using a 2560x1440 resolution monitor, which is large, but not massive by modern standards.
- Considering how central and critical the player's Mana is for gameplay, the little "mana: 0/30" readout is buried in the player stats. Mana could really use a more obvious position/size/font/color highlighting. Even putting the mana number right on the Meditation button might work better.
- The top red bar that measures time until gameover/attack is not informatively labeled. I just had to brute-force play the game to figure out what that bar represents. In my current game it is labeled "2 || x2:13". I have no clue what that means or how I'm supposed to use that information. "Time until you are Attacked" or something like that would be a more informative label.
- In ~40 minutes of play I've seen one slime covered naked chick who the MC touched a little. If you're aiming to attract players interested in sexy content, that's a very miserly payoff rate. I highly recommend adding some sort of sex content with Selene and/or the first 3 masked girls to entice the player and give a showcase of what the adult content will be like. Generating mana from sexy activities would be an excellent way to link game mechanics and player rewards. It would be more interesting than smacking the "Meditate" button.

Cheers!
Found the problem.
You can go "Equals" with morgana EVEN AFTER you get locked into Mistress route. Maybe you should add a check for that so the button either disappears or she goes "Nope!" like she does when love is lower than control/obsession and you click that particular button.

Hey everyone, I've just updated the mega in the OP (not the mirrors) to fix all those problems !
-The memory leak should be fixed.
-The game speed has been double, and I removed the "double speed" mechanic that was confusing.
-The UI element are bigger, mana is displayed in blue.
-A new upgrade fix the player reaching tick rate with meditate.
-Hovering the drain will/drone button will now display a random image from the pool instead of always the same, before the random image would be displayed when the conversion was complete but didn't feel good once you can convert them too fast.
-Fixed a couple bug that allowed you to enter event/ do action before you were supposed to be able to do them.

Feel free to tell me if you think the game is still too slow at the start or if there are more problems.
Thank you for all your feedback, I hope you'll enjoy the new version of the game,
GratuitousLove.

Last edited:
Reactions: damnedfrog

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
- The interface buttons are quite small considering the amount of empty space on the page. I suggest larger buttons & text. I'm using a 2560x1440 resolution monitor, which is large, but not massive by modern standards.
There should be an option in your browser to magnify the page. I believe setting it to 133% should get it to the size the game is designed for (the equivalent of 1080p), which has pretty much no empty space. Remember, just because 1440p isn't the highest resolution in existence doesn't mean it's not still far too high to be treated as the standard, as many people start having readability issues at that level, and some people like myself need to go even lower than 1080p in order to see properly. The game is already too big for the screen at the level I need to use, and I can't read it if I zoom out any further, whereas you have the option of just magnifying it (which is what most non-browser games do by default when set to higher resolutions, but that's not always a simple thing to implement in this type of game).

Last edited:

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
There should be an option in your browser to magnify the page. I believe setting it to 133% should get it to the size the game is designed for (the equivalent of 1080p), which has pretty much no empty space. Remember, just because 1440p isn't the highest resolution in existence doesn't mean it's not still far too high to be treated as the standard, as many people start having readability issues at that level, and some people like myself need to go even lower than 1080p in order to see properly. The game is already too big for the screen at the level I need to use, and I can't read it if I zoom out any further, whereas you have the option of just magnifying it (which is what most non-browser games do by default when set to higher resolutions, but that's not always a simple thing to implement in this type of game).
Oh good point forgot about that it's super useful, I'll add a text at game startup to remind players of this option.

camper674

Jan 30, 2018
Hey everyone, I've just updated the mega link in the OP (not the mirrors) to fix all those problems !
-The memory leak should be fixed.
-The game speed has been double, and I removed the "double speed" mechanic that was confusing.
-The UI element are bigger, mana is displayed in blue.
-A new upgrade fix the player reaching tick rate with meditate.
-Hovering the drain will/drone button will now display a random image from the pool instead of always the same, before the random image would be displayed when the conversion was complete but didn't feel good once you can convert them too fast.
-Fixed a couple bug that allowed you to enter event/ do action before you were supposed to be able to do them.

Feel free to tell me if you think the game is still too slow at the start or if there are more problems.
Thank you for all your feedback, I hope you'll enjoy the new version of the game,
GratuitousLove.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Oversight1-2:
i'll see when skill increase higher, but I'm not sure it's much of a problem. If youhave super high skill "wasting" mana isn't an issue. And if you have low skill, it takes more time to summon slimes so this should be nearly as concerning. I may have to fix it if i end up with manapool increasing faster than magic skill but I'll see when it happens.

bug 1 : I still have to fix my time management function, I don't think it's super high priority with current skill level, I might try to add a lower tickrate to see if the easy fix isn't too expensive in term of CPU for use (Now I have a laptop so I'll be able to tr it on lower end computer). There are other fix to do, but require more time to implement so I don't think I'll do until you can be bothered by the bug even outside of cheat territory.

Prisoner hypnosis status has nothing to do with kitsune, it's 0.8 thing I'm implementing. When I receive feedback of gamebreaking bugs I hid the button for unfinished business to implement the hotfix but I forgot about this line of text.

Everytime you capture a human in the forest, your threat increases, securing the forest remove the penalty. I changed the tooltip so it's a bit clearer now.

From your last text, I *think* that the play is to prevent the user to scroll down the main windows at all and display the message that ask user to use CTRL +/- in red if I detext their resolution to be under 1920. If I didn't understand you well feel free to correct me.
This solution seems to kinda work for 800*600 and 1920*1080 at least (I can't test higher resollution than 1920*1080 but I'm not to worried).

Thank you for your feedback, I've not fixed everything but I've written what I didn't fix in my low priority list so I'll fix it when it becomes a necessity.

camper674

Jan 30, 2018
-cut to avoid another wall of text -

May I suggest an idea to the speed which may optimize the game in the long run?
add 0.2-0.5-1-2-3 speed switch buttons. that way, you can control the mechanics that sometimes need control (while i agree that slimes do not need any control with bigger manapool, some threat intensive tasks that can be repeated infinitely (or to some point) might be detrimental to the player if it progresses too fast.

Plus it might be able to fix the time itself when its not passing, switching how fast the game is going might actually jostle it enough to be free again. (Java Percussive Engineering at its finest, eh? )
anyway, thats my two cents, looking forward to more testing.

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
The new content is pretty neat!
I do love being able to tweak the stats of your sidekicks, and I do REALLY hope training them in specific way will unlock specific scene / content (and if that ever the case: feature request: add a gallery, or a form of an achievement system, or anything that can hint the player on content they do miss with specific character)
As for petipatelain management... Wait and see, the idea is interesting, but a bit too bare bone right now. And i'm really not sure of it balance right now.

That being said, see you in the future version ! Even if it feels a bit bare, I do love the content and theme of the game, can't wait to have more of it !
(my only major complain would be the fact that game is a bit too "time in front of the scene" consuming compared to both the number of choices/action to do, and the amount of scene/content it offers).
I hope that post is not too long, and that information in it will be deemed as useful!

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes