VN Ren'Py Realm Invader [Ep. 2 P1] [Invader Gary]

4.70 star(s) 56 Votes

Qwertymaker

Sep 14, 2021
In regards to the pregnancy question: I personally find most romance stories incomplete unless the MC has the option to, by the end, start a family with his partner(s). I don't particularly care one way or the other about pregnant sex, but I do appreciate the confirmation of pregnancy by the end. It just adds to the "happily ever after" aspect of romance stories for me.

Tar77

Aug 23, 2019
I like the concept pretty well despite a couple of planned tags. Hopefully you can properly avoid those tags. There are a couple other less common tags that give me hope.

Sandbox doesn't seem like the worst or the best for that matter but should at least be added to the tags. Some of the renders aren't that bad but others really need some work. I would recommend getting better with studio and at least having the basics down. Even the lighting changes a lot between frames.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Eh, maybe. I'd like to make this game relatively malleable, so if enough people want impregnation it'll go in.
I'm personally not a fan of the impregnation fetish so I wouldn't put it in on my own accord. If I do add it in, it'll be at the end of the game if you know what I mean. Some girls' storylines can end in optional impregnation. So the chances of you getting your little inbred babies are non-zero :)
Endgame pregnancy is almost as bad as no pregnancy. "...and so and so got pregnant... the end" is a complete waste of time. :KEK:

Reactions: AdamJohn36

Invader Gary

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
Thanks for playing and the feedback. That obvious that this is my first go at this, huh? :ROFLMAO:

Studio was my least favorite part about making this. So I guess it shows. Hopefully, I become better with time.

Some of the renders aren't that bad but others really need some work.
Are referring to the posing or the actual quality itself (or both)? There are a handful of scenes that are noticeably lower quality than others. I plan on re-rendering those.

Even the lighting changes a lot between frames.
This is caused by a bug that I'm aware of. Unfortunately, I was too lazy to fix it because I have to go in and re-render the whole event (not just the scene). As I said I am aware of the cause and I'll be diligent in the future so I can get the shots first try.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Malachite1789

brankom

Mar 3, 2022
I like the characters, story seem interesting but the money and sandbox killed it for me, but good luck.

Tar77

Aug 23, 2019
Thanks for playing and the feedback. That obvious that this is my first go at this, huh? :ROFLMAO:

Studio was my least favorite part about making this. So I guess it shows. Hopefully, I become better with time.

Are referring to the posing or the actual quality itself (or both)? There are a handful of scenes that are noticeably lower quality than others. I plan on re-rendering those.

This is caused by a bug that I'm aware of. Unfortunately, I was too lazy to fix it because I have to go in and re-render the whole event (not just the scene). As I said I am aware of the cause and I'll be diligent in the future so I can get the shots first try.

Thanks again.
I was referring to all of it. I don't remember specifically which scenes were the worst but the inexperience shows. A lot of which you are already aware of judging by the ingame notes. You'll get better with time especially if you take the time to learn from guides on studio and the like.

Good luck and I hope you stick with it until you master studio. I think this game has quite a bit of potential. Just don't hide the traps too well. Not a fan of them sneaking up on me.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Invader Gary

Invader Gary

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
Good luck and I hope you stick with it until you master studio. I think this game has quite a bit of potential.
Thanks for the kind words. One last question about the renders; were there any that stood out as particularly good?
(it's fine if you think there aren't any)
Because if you can think of any, I can tailor the style toward those.
It's also worth asking because if the scenes you liked were the ones I made towards the end of the development cycle it means I am improving. Most of the noticeably bad renders were the ones I made first.

Scene complexity is a factor i.e. if the poses are less complicated I can put more focus on lighting.

If you saw the profile backgrounds (e.g. noelle.png and bashford.png in the main post) I wanted to know what you think of them? Those are scenes with some effort put into them. The problem is that at my current skill level those images can take around an hour to produce whereas the in-game scenes were shat out much faster.

JJATH

May 2, 2017
Aww, thanks. Could you tell me things you don't like about it?
There really wasn't anything bad about the game. Maybe just a lack of content? Mind you, I go through games pretty fast.

If I have any advice I could give you? I'd say, don't quit. Lots of game Devs usually quit while things get interesting. So I'd say keep doing what you are doing. Keep asking questions, take feedback and try to have fun with it.

Also, Sandbox Rules!

Reactions: randy1990

Tar77

Aug 23, 2019
Thanks for the kind words. One last question about the renders; were there any that stood out as particularly good?
(it's fine if you think there aren't any)
Because if you can think of any, I can tailor the style toward those.
It's also worth asking because if the scenes you liked were the ones I made towards the end of the development cycle it means I am improving. Most of the noticeably bad renders were the ones I made first.

Scene complexity is a factor i.e. if the poses are less complicated I can put more focus on lighting.

If you saw the profile backgrounds (e.g. noelle.png and bashford.png in the main post) I wanted to know what you think of them? Those are scenes with some effort put into them. The problem is that at my current skill level those images can take around an hour to produce whereas the in-game scenes were shat out much faster.
I have a pretty poor memory for stuff like that. I don't recall any specifically but it seems like many were at least decent. If the better renders were made later than you definitely have improved already. Those two on the main post do look pretty good. close to the limit of mostly default studio graphics settings. Which is part of the problem if you ask me. GraphicsMod in studio can allow you to make much better quality stuff if done correctly but it is way beyond my skill level and takes a ridiculous amount of time to learn.

Invader Gary

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
GraphicsMod in studio can allow you to make much better quality stuff if done correctly but it is way beyond my skill level and takes a ridiculous amount of time to learn.
Please see the new developer note labeled "Important". I'm starting to like this GraphicsMod lol

Tar77

Aug 23, 2019
Please see the new developer note labeled "Important". I'm starting to like this GraphicsMod lol
Looks better already. One thing I have noticed is with the right settings (given to me. not made by me) I often spend less time setting up a scene. Especially with less shadowing and being brighter overall.

edit: Have you considered creating a discord for this kind of stuff? These forums are far from ideal for talking about improvements and the like.

4.70 star(s) 56 Votes