AlexLee

Jun 28, 2018
Hello, I'm the writer for the game. We didn't release remake 0.1, as soon as we finished replacing all the content we immediately started working on the continuation of the story. That's why this update took so long to make, it's basically a 2 in 1.

I also want to say this to everyone that we are very sorry for disappointing you all with these changes. I know that a lot of people don't like the changes, and a lot of other people like them, some don't even care about them. I just hope that everyone will eventually accept this and move on because this is what we decided to do and we are not turning back on them. We are ready to accept all the feedback we are going to get because of this. I have read all the comments and reviews since we released remake 0.2 and I understand everyone's points of view. I also want to let everyone know that that me and Aghamus' vision is to create a game, we don't have anything more concrete than that. I know because of this the game will suffer in the long run but this is our first game, we are young and new to this so changes are bound to happen. I'm sure that in our second and third game things will be different.

Thank you for your time.
Yeah, I´m moving on. Moving on to a different game. No fuss, I just don´t agree with devs.

MissBumhole

Sep 15, 2017
Guys, I am not a faggot, but the homosexual scenes were so important for this game. It didn't make me feel insecure about my muscularity that the self-insert MC was at a risk of getting raped by other men. That shit is so fucking common back in the historic days. Sometimes men don't do it due to the sexual attraction, but out of desperation due to the lack of women, or they just do it to assert their dominance over other men.

You taking this away from the game really did hurt it. But what's done is done. There is no point back peddling from this. You obviously tried to cater this game to people who are homophobics. I'm not even gay. I'm completely fine with the content because you gave us a choice on whether or not we want to see the gay scenes. So we had that power to avoid it.

These people who give you shit about the gay scenes are not gonna support your game either way, so why cater it towards them? I thought it was quite exciting that I'm trying to get some hanky panky with women while at the risk of getting raped by thirsty men, and the threat of getting my ass fucked while on the quest to fuck women is thrilling. The game is appealing in that matter.

It's definitely a more fresher experience. I do like games where a game that has both straight and gay content can at least give the player the power to engage in whatever content they want.

Argh! What a waste. You pretty much made your game like 90% of other games. You played it too safe.

But it's fine. I don't suggest back peddling. It is your decision and I'd rather you keep going. I'll keep playing the updates and see how it goes. I'll probably still jack off even though the game isn't that exciting anymore.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
kinda sucks Amazonia died. i would prefer an alternate to where the female opponents are offered to to victor. in this case MC.

seems like such a waste.

perles75

May 16, 2020
Yeah, I´m moving on. Moving on to a different game. No fuss, I just don´t agree with devs.
yeah, basically this. The game is still too much on its early stage to care too much about it (personally I find it somehow amusing that this is the opposite direction than a game like SpacecorpsXXX did -where the dev added gay scenes to the first couple of scenes when it wasn't planned at the beginning- and definitely did not suffer from that, on the contrary), so if the devs want to do that, it's ok, moving on, many other games out there.
What annoys me of this whole story is the choice made because of peer pressure (of a vocal minority) rather than consciously -changing direction of such a game is rather common, changing it because of a bunch of haters/bigots is weak and leaves a bitter taste.

Dr. FuckFace

Jul 8, 2022
Guys, I am not a faggot, but the homosexual scenes were so important for this game. It didn't make me feel insecure about my muscularity that the self-insert MC was at a risk of getting raped by other men. That shit is so fucking common back in the historic days. Sometimes men don't do it due to the sexual attraction, but out of desperation due to the lack of women, or they just do it to assert their dominance over other men.

You taking this away from the game really did hurt it. But what's done is done. There is no point back peddling from this. You obviously tried to cater this game to people who are homophobics. I'm not even gay. I'm completely fine with the content because you gave us a choice on whether or not we want to see the gay scenes. So we had that power to avoid it.

These people who give you shit about the gay scenes are not gonna support your game either way, so why cater it towards them? I thought it was quite exciting that I'm trying to get some hanky panky with women while at the risk of getting raped by thirsty men, and the threat of getting my ass fucked while on the quest to fuck women is thrilling. The game is appealing in that matter.

It's definitely a more fresher experience. I do like games where a game that has both straight and gay content can at least give the player the power to engage in whatever content they want.

Argh! What a waste. You pretty much made your game like 90% of other games. You played it too safe.

But it's fine. I don't suggest back peddling. It is your decision and I'd rather you keep going. I'll keep playing the updates and see how it goes. I'll probably still jack off even though the game isn't that exciting anymore.
Have to disagree and agree. i dont think it was a problem that there were gay content, problem was that there was so much of it if you compare it. But it feels less authentic of the era if there`s none.

That werent really an issue for me but the girl called venus now is, hated the pussy behind the balls but the idea of the speciality of the slave is now lost. Virgin slaves were nothing special, sure the unsoiled ones was more valuable but nothing to get crazy about. Chick dicks would have been.

Earlier game was not for me, now it is and i actually like it alot so i wont diss the devs decisions to remake the game, thou i think it got little bit too far.

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Very weird to see a remake revolving around sexual orientation instead of plot/visual improvements.

It's not really a great look when a core concept (not talking about the gay/futa content, but about how it was reflective of Roman society/game world setting) is changed based on player feedback.
Hopefully the devs stick to this one, instead of remaking again due to negative feedback (ppl are more likely to speak up when they are upset with something) of the changes.

Pity tho. It was kinda intriguing, especially after the connection to Roman Societal norms was explained to me. Was looking forward to experiencing the 'affirming your masculinity' concept of ancient Roman Social sexual standards, which were apparently pretty open & wild.

Anyways, good luck on the remake dev, hope it has the effect you were hoping for. (y)

Edit: Just downloaded the v0.3. Will play & then try the v0.2remake before making any judgement on the remake.
(Last I played was 0.1 first release)

Okay finished both versions. I take back some of what I said. The game wasn't nuanced enough to portray roman society through the gay scenes anyway, so it's not a huge loss. Rather they just played out like modern day gay scenes, with none of that 'affirming your masculinity' domination Rome was apparently about. Like Crixus willing sucks the MC & enjoys it, becoming a 'beta bitch' inconsistent with his earlier attitude. It's just all guys lovingly having equal sex like modern day ppl, no sense of the roman Societal standards I was informed of.

Not like the replacements are perfect tho. Like how the MC got to be the one to break in the exotic virgin. Imagine buying her for such a price but not taking her virginity for yourself.
The new Alpha thing was weird too.

Overall the quality remains the same since the game wasn't able to use the gay scenes to represent the roman times properly, instead became standard modern gay scenes, not according to the dev's plans.
So removing them didn't change the feel of the game as much as it could have.

Removing optional content is still not a great look, but it doesn't change the core of the game as much as it could have.
Let's see if the dev can do well in the much more competitive market of 100% straight games & make up for the loss of niche support of gay/bi content.

Good Luck. May your gamble pay off (y)

Last edited:

comte bonfim

Nov 13, 2021
Looking forward the next update, the story was bland at first imho, but turned around by quite a bit later in the game where you get to see the MC growing up a bit and getting more confident in himself.

Tracking so I can follow up close, keep it up devs.

Also, one feedback I'd give to the devs if one is even appreciated is this, the MC is quite well-versed in Roman history, language and culture, wouldn't you atleast try your best to use all your knowledge of history and events from that era to make sure you're not just a slave? The priestess shouldn't've discarded you as easily as the game set out to do, you're someone from the future with knowledge of events that has yet to take place, that makes you a really fucking powerful (or dangerous) ally to anyone there desiring power, the story of this game could've been something completely different if the MC didn't come out of the teleportation thinking "oh, all of a sudden, there's Roman soldiers around me and a priestess asking me all these questions in A DEAD LANGUAGE THAT BECAUSE OF HOW RARE IT IS, MY WIFE ASKED ME TO COME DOWN HERE AND HELP HER TRANSCRIBE THE OLD RUINS, of course, they must be cosplayers or something.." — From someone that studies Roman culture, history and language, you would've spotted the accuracy in those garments and the difference in the scenario you were in 5 minutes ago in a single glance around the area, plus his wife mentioned something quite literally "someone vanished from here before and nobody have found their bodies", so it doesn't make sense that the MC would be this blatantly clueless as to what actually happened except for shock, maybe, but even the priestess clearly tells him to his face "I know what you are" and yet, an academic can't wrap his head around the fact that, not 2 minutes ago he knew that the language he was speaking was so rare that he had to leave his office to help his wife explore some ancient ruins AND now there are people all around him speaking it, while also wearing some historical garments.

Anyways, the story was bland at first like I said, imho the whole story could've taken a different turn if the MC literally just took a second before doing what he did to get imprisoned or capture and sold as a slave, it just felt rushed but once you're settled in the Ludus, the story takes a turn and the MC starts adjusting, so it was great seeing progress being made, the MC actually learning how to fight (aswell, from another historical figure) and everything, so the game does have some background and the MC does share this knowledge, Spartacus was a hell of a Gladiator and he would do well to keep at his side, which also brings the whole "what era am I" to question, seeing Spartacus, Crixus & Oenomaus together would've been a given to what era they were in and what events took place, which the MC does indeed know that there will be a rebellion, so we'll have to see how things play out. Anyways, that's all I got so far, again, love it and will keep tabs on future updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crosaith.

asdfcv1

Jan 7, 2020
Is there still any links to download the old version, before the per pressure caved in and forced to removed content

Reactions: anon2323j

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Big fan of all the new scenes. Good job Dev, keep going. Can't wait to see what happens next

Pokielo

Jul 6, 2018
Also why people whine so much even setting of game is set during ancient greece, rome, gay sex and such was not that uncommon during that period of time. This was not medieval times and it was not taboo. So bit weird direction there.

Apr 14, 2021
The thing is ... the many supporters were getting into the whole:
little bit of rape this+little bit of gay that+throughout the whole - get a wife and have kids end game.

You need to understand, gay relationships were only possible for rich assholes.
Most of them had arranged marriages anyways and went to whore houses to fkk boys.
Guys and girls working every day only had one shot and most of them chose to make kids
in their short life spans subject to brutal murder, rather than afford flings with same sex,
going bi or any other fringe kink just from circumstance.

The end goal of any and all normal working citizens, be them male or female, it was making kids endgame.

Some supporters wanted to go over board, either pump up the gay or pump up the female scenes.
Even tho we all know kids making was always the whole story of Spartacus, like you could have gay flings,
but his end goal was always to avenge his wife and kid, then have some new ones,
that was always his character trait.

The part of the game where we can all experiment rape and flings left and right is the defunct 0.3 version.
You can all find it somewhere around here on the thread. Go play that, see all the scenes,
then come back and play something more story oriented and closer to the source material.
MC is under the Spartacus wing, so we have something akin to the spratacus story,
we all know how that goes, so sit tight and enjoy.

We have all sorts a fans wars over source material shenanigans like GOT, Witcher, LoTR.
How hard is it for any of us to watch any Spartacus movies or series and understand how the lore works?

My dude, it's a game about a guy who cums on a magical alter and gets sent back in time and seems to be understanding and speaking the ancient language with relative ease despite the modern version having evolved a fair bit since then. Stop trying to apply logic to an obviously fantastical situation. Also your logic is all good and well but poorly applied, gay relationships or the such being more likely among nobility or wealthy families is a rule of thumb you can only really apply to free people, most of the gladiators are slaves and not all favored well enough by their owners to get action from the fairer sex so gay sex while not normally preferable is more likely among gladiators. Lastly, sparticus was a real person, don't make assumptions that this is meant to be an insert into the sparticus movie/series franchise

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

That battle was awful on both sides though it shouldn't be surprising anymore in our societies nowadays. But what was the more difficult to digest was the message the dev left on his itch.io page.

I'm still doubtful of this strategy since I usually read that a dev is classified as soon as he releases and gives some precisions and the players that left won't come back. I just hope it wasn't too late.

And since it became straight only, I'm waiting for the usual harem//NTR war.

I won't comment about the new version since I didn't try it yet.

The majority speaks. ;) The dev could not have said anything and strung you along, also.
Since when the majority is speaking the truth?
Also, I saw you more tolerant on other threads.

It's sad af seeing ppl review bomb this game. F95's review system is a joke.
There is a flaw in the review system.
But mainly, It's the self centered, ignorant members that don't have a clue how a review is written.
I've read some amazingly articulate reviews and some pure garbage ones. The flaw in the system is weak guidelines and a reporting system that relies on one member turning in another.
Seriously? I understand it better since the dev disappointed them than those making 1 star because it has NTR or 5 stars because it has a milf with big ass and tits.
Also, I don't understand why people are so focused on them. Reviews, as well as comments, are rarely reprensative of the content of the game as a whole since they are subjective and never objective (most of them are useless to have a real idea of the game itself, the OP is there for that though).

Good continuation.

Reactions: Very Tall dwarve

NathanMagic

Feb 27, 2018
Oh, I downloaded and was so confused, didn't even realize game got remade, lmao.

Oh well, I guess good for you guys, but I only really played for the gay scenes and interesting plot... and it lost 1/2 of that, lmao.

Maybe more than 1/2, but only played from latest save, which explains why i was a bit confused.:KEK:

Oh well, bye to this game I guess.

3.80 star(s) 33 Votes