Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Devs did what they did because they said they had a huge amount of complaints about the gay and futa stuff.

It's obvious that making those changes would have increased their sub base by a huge amount after catering to them, right?

26 members
Oh.....

Amusingly, before the changes they had 42 so they lost players....

It's a tale as old as adult gaming. Devs start making the game they want, some complain, devs cater to the complaints and nothing improves ..... usually it leads to that word we see so much, ABANDONED.

For a brief change that aint me being snarky, in the 5 years i've been here i've seen this very thing happen multiple times. Why do you think a lot of devs stopped catering to their players so much?

It's pretty much one of the first things some of the bigger devs tell newer devs. The story and character are yours, the rest is small enough not to matter.

I'll tell you why it never works using my infinite wisdom as a woman because i'm never wrong, except when I am but we don't count those ..... basically, from useless info I have gathered plus my own views on it, the incentive to back drops when big changes are pushed due to complaints.

For several updfates people, even those complaining, had been playing a game they were enjoying and get hooked on the story and characters. Then we get an update that changes a quite big part of it so those playing just for those are gone. The rest of us are not going to invest financially because we've seen how easy those devs cave to a bit of pressure so will we end up losing something else we like about the game?

The trust in the devs is gone.

So now that leaves a dev 2 choices, and this is what we've seen happen time and again.

They have option 1, to struggle on knowing that game is never going to be a money maker or option 2, drop it and start something else.

This is also why devs started advising not to listen too much to a devs player base, it's a double edged sword and rarely ever works as intended. On the one hand you please the people you cater to, on the other you piss off everyone else.

WerewolfSinX

Feb 7, 2021
Devs did what they did because they said they had a huge amount of complaints about the gay and futa stuff.

It's obvious that making those changes would have increased their sub base by a huge amount after catering to them, right?

Oh.....

It's a tale as old as adult gaming. Devs start making the game they want, some complain, devs cater to the complaints and nothing improves ..... usually it leads to that word we see so much, ABANDONED.

For a brief change that aint me being snarky, in the 5 years i've been here i've seen this very thing happen multiple times. Why do you think a lot of devs stopped catering to their players so much?

It's pretty much one of the first things some of the bigger devs tell newer devs. The story and character are yours, the rest is small enough not to matter.

I'll tell you why it never works using my infinite wisdom as a woman because i'm never wrong, except when I am but we don't count those ..... basically, from useless info I have gathered plus my own views on it, the incentive to back drops when big changes are pushed due to complaints.

For several updfates people, even those complaining, had been playing a game they were enjoying and get hooked on the story and characters. Then we get an update that changes a quite big part of it so those playing just for those are gone. The rest of us are not going to invest financially because we've seen how easy those devs cave to a bit of pressure so will we end up losing something else we like about the game?

The trust in the devs is gone.

So now that leaves a dev 2 choices, and this is what we've seen happen time and again.

They have option 1, to struggle on knowing that game is never going to be a money maker or option 2, drop it and start something else.

This is also why devs started advising not to listen too much to a devs player base, it's a double edged sword and rarely ever works as intended. On the one hand you please the people you cater to, on the other you piss off everyone else.
Agreed, also if he is not careful he still has the lesbian tag and if thats the case sooner or later something might happen and people start throwing the three letter word around so than he will have to redo the whole game again and lose even more patreons.

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Gotta love dev notes that basically go "we wanted to make a specific type of game but then the people who give us money didn't like it so now we're just doing what they want instead" :cool:
Although they are less than before :cool:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Rebellion: The Beginning [Remake v0.4] [AGHAMUS]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- -

Mac:

- -

Lokitox8

Jul 28, 2020
Love the story so far. Great looking woman :love: and the vibes with the whole gladiator thing is awesome. Something that is a bit annoying and I hope the Dev can fix is the size of the MC penis that in some scenes look big and some looks small. I think with all the woman and sex the MC has it should have a bigger Size that would make him even more appealing. Didn't
like the end of this update :cry:

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017

Oh.....

That's not always the case tho. You need more than just a few 'tweaks' to gain a good following, like a good story, good visuals and exposure, lots of it, just ask SCAMcstor about this.:whistle: I can name a few devs that did just that, but the best example IMHO is DPC. In our case, the dev did remove the questionable content many ppl complained about, but the story's nothing special, the MC's still a dumb and backstabbing dork playing gladiator (shit would've definitely worked out for an idiot like that in the Roman era:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) and getting a shitload of pussy left and right cause of reasons. Where's the build up, the drama, the suspense, the plot twist(s) ?? And some players (not myself, don't care about it as long as it isn't forced), for some reason, hate sharing, no matter if it's completely optional or not.

There's more reasons that contribute to these low numbers, what you pointed out there is just speculation and you being upset they removed gay stuff. Do women really love that shit like we men love girl on girl action ??:eek::WaitWhat: Plus, it was the dev's decision to remove all the gay content, nobody forced him to, coz ppl can complain as much as they want to, but it's always the devs' decision to listen to them or not, so it's pointless to blame some ppl for this sudden change.

OR they could throw some creativity into the mix, make that dumb MC grow a pair of balls (AND a brain), come up with a few interesting things, the Spartacus tv series it's obviously based on had a looot of them, finish the game and THEN move on to a new title.:WeSmart:Few supporters or not, they owe them to finish this game, and already having a completed game under their belt helps devs' rep a lot coz most ppl look at how serious a dev is, how good their game is and how many or IF they had finished a game before when they want to support said dev.

Gotta love dev notes that basically go "we wanted to make a specific type of game but then the people who give us money didn't like it so now we're just doing what they want instead" :cool:
Money will always be a more convincing 'argument' than anything else. You want gay content or futa stuff, pay them, and nobody will complain about it, if you can't, then stop complaining, coz nobody will listen to you.;)

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Money will always be a more convincing 'argument' than anything else. You want gay content or futa stuff, pay them, and nobody will complain about it, if you can't, then stop complaining, coz nobody will listen to you.;)
Very often but not always. "Nerves" are sometimes stronger :)

Asmodeus88

Oct 29, 2017
I believe this took a turn for the better, so far we got a life is great simulator with a bit of spear in the ass, the dramatic end makes the MC remember that life sucks for a lot of people in this new world, and that to some extent is his fault, he changed the story and now is in need to fix it, I also believe the "sacrifice" was rasonable to get this, the mc had an emotional bond, maybe one of the strongest in this new world, but still a pretty new and weak one, it will be interesting to see if the rebellion works, will he be willing to go back to the future?

As a side note, I did not play this before for the tags, is pretty logical that the people that was here for that specific fetishes wants to leave, but at the sametime new people is going to be interested now, good luck dev.

Reactions: paulpi1993

single_guy_from_au

Jun 18, 2023
AGHAMUS: I just read your note (about removing 'futa, etc') - you made the right choice! (y)

I will certainly try your game now.

Your game looked really good from the beginning, but I did not want to play becaue I was worried about some 'surprises' showing up all of a sudden.

Thank you again and don't worry about some possible 'negative' comments - there are more than enough 'futa' games now (just look at the many game tags - I don't know where the things are going in this world).

Darkmessiah30

Jul 12, 2020
AGHAMUS: I just read your note (about removing 'futa, etc') - you made the right choice! (y)

I will certainly try your game now.

Your game looked really good from the beginning, but I did not want to play becaue I was worried about some 'surprises' showing up all of a sudden.

Thank you again and don't worry about some possible 'negative' comments - there are more than enough 'futa' games now (just look at the many game tags - I don't know where the things are going in this world).
ha oh your funny plenty of futa games my fucking ass 95% of them are garbage or abandoned only a handful are any good at best and you do realize if you read anything that all the gay and futa stuff before the dev took it out was completely avoidable but no people had to cry about it and force the dev take it out and look at it now the dev has lost half if not more support.

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
ha oh your funny plenty of futa games my fucking ass 95% of them are garbage or abandoned only a handful are any good at best and you do realize if you read anything that all the gay and futa stuff before the dev took it out was completely avoidable but no people had to cry about it and force the dev take it out and look at it now the dev has lost half if not more support.
You act like this was going to be some amazing experience with futa. I can tell you right now with as many tags as they were jamming into this, you'd be complaining about the futa path not getting enough content.

Darkmessiah30

Jul 12, 2020
You act like this was going to be some amazing experience with futa. I can tell you right now with as many tags as they were jamming into this, you'd be complaining about the futa path not getting enough content.
at least i'd have the option but not now.

3.80 star(s) 33 Votes