4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Topper420

Nov 4, 2019
In my opinion that is an unlikely scenario for the following reason. Carmen did not know how MC looked. If Astrid wanted to plant a thrall in MC's lair, to wait with other people in a bar to be picked by MC to be fed upon is just to complicated when she could just appear out of the blue in front of them and somehow get "captured", like attacking them.

Even it if was for the sake of acting and making them believe her, no need to go bring extra humans to the board for that. I am talking about the guy that was in Carmen's house. You could have done the same thing step by step without that guy. And I seriously don't think Astrid would just tolerate dealing with any human, unless she has an interest in them. But if that is the case, why let him die so stupidly?

But hey, with the info we have, all is posible.
It was kind of implied that the bar was basically the only joint in town open at night. Astrid would know of Sharon's hunting preferences so being in the bar would be the most logical way to get picked up, in my mind anyway. The two hunters are just useful idiots, Astrid wouldn't have dealt with them directly, this could be a plan hatched by Carmen herself.

I'm still trying to make sense of Carmen's place in the story, as zh pointed out, hunters can have some built up resistance to mind domination powers, but the story went to out of it's way to paint this group as stupid amateurs, so that explanation doesn't make sense to me.

I agree with you though, with the info we have so far, just about anything short of Carmen already being a vamp could be possible. Still fun to speculate.

nevermoreXX

Mar 25, 2020
I am not really fan of vampires , well not at least since those teen vampires tv shows, they fucked up all that was good in mythology.
Anyway , despite the above i liked the story. Loved the romance. (please don't stop with that!)

But..
its short..? for 2 chapters i was kinda expecting couple days reading material , but instead it was barely ..? 2 hours or so..
Maybe slow down story a bit add more character development and more romance to prolong reading, that part is most welcomed?

• Angry
Reactions: FFTW and Lord Soth

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
from what Eloise told MC, Astrid sees humans as nothing but cattle, happens during the second training session
Indeed. Cattle can still be useful as sacrificial pawns, but to do what with Carmen is just too complex. But I do support the idea that Astrid is not a disney villain character and something more interesting. More wishful thinking that anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Topper420

Nov 4, 2019
About werewolves, I wonder how long until they make an appearance in Rebirth. It could give place to a very interesting power struggle, specially if there is a puppy girl joining MC's undead kitty fight harem.
OMG this adds a whole other wrinkle to my baseless speculation. Maybe Carmen is a puppy girl :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Nulldev and Ayhsel

Topper420

Nov 4, 2019
Hahaha I removed that part of my comment cause I did not wanted to imply that I want a silly harem for MC.

I don't know about Carmen being a werewolf. But I would love to see her as a bitch in heat!
I, on the other-hand, would completely imply that I want a silly harem for MC. Though not too deep, as I think too many girls tends to thin a story.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Hahaha I removed that part of my comment cause I did not wanted to imply that I want a silly harem for MC.

I don't know about Carmen being a werewolf. But I would love to see her as a bitch in heat!
you don't want to imply, but one doesn't need the gift of insight to know

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Topper420

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
This thread run like crazy, so count me in.:p Haven't yet entcountered that I run out of reaction, but now and with this thread it is the second time.

Also lot of things written, most of my own opnion also, but as always my own two cent to the speculations.

Yet first, I also don't think our MC would be better of with Astrid. As other pointed out she is not the brightest and what is more in contrast to Sharon, Astrid will use us as her tool and without a care about our own opinion. Where Sharon has her dead heart on the right place.

Also I believe she could be more open about the mysterious grow and ability of her protégé. Yet this can be very difficulty. As other written before, she is older and know her way around the others. She know or at least believe, how world is. Yet she herself is only a small little fry with some good connections. For a vampire she isn't that old and know her protégé start to turn her own world upside down.

The first two abilities he had show she have witness it herself and it was clear as night that he had the abilities as she could see it for herself. For the last own all she had is his world that he had this ability. So for the first two of them she would had to actively discharge the "truth", yet for the last one she must actively believe him.
Same goes for his visions. I think she is much more overwhelmed on this situation and seeks the comfort of explanation that give her reassurance.
Sure her fragile explanation will be ripped apart and for both it would be wise to seek some answer without hidding from the truth. Otherwise the things hes awakening has set in motion could become more dangerous for both of them than needed.

Well if the Blood Queen is the antedeluvian of Mom's line she likely would have no need to feed on MC to get more powerful. If she is something even more special who knows though, but if first then it could make sense she somehow influenced Mommy to turn MC. Only question then would be if he was a random or there was a reason he was chosen by the Blood Queen. It will not be his fame as a DJ, neither Mommy or Red Lady strike me as fans. (Maybe a lame reason, but one could be that somehow MC is a human descendant of the Blood Queen if she is a first or second gen and that is why she noticed MC being turned by one of her line and same went for the Nos, now that would mean if true at least two lines would descend from her).

Another question of course is why Blood Queen was locked away and not cannibalized in past if that was an option. :p
Could also be the club owner. She is a vampire that much is confirmed. The link between her, our siren or the Blood Queen is unkown. But our Sire and she share a link. It would become reasonable that she has recommended the MC for this faithful gig and also look after him after he was turned.

I really doubt and strongly hope that MC was nobody's plan. I am super tired of stories in which everything is a damn conspiracy. Things do happen out of pure luck that end up having a huge butterfly effect. I really hope MC is just that. A mistake on Mommy that will flip the vampire world.
I also don't like the idea that our Sire would come and "get us" and clean up every mess we have created or encountered. I don't think she has the same value system as us and as long as something to entertained her she would possible do it even if it only for this sole reason. (I know I'm repeating myself:D)

Also I don't think she would be a mother hen type. More a make your own mistake and learn and don't complain about or you will be sorry. Yet if the shit would hit the fan, she would help us out.

Yet I will resereve a place in the bed between Sharon, Carmen and Laurie for her and all other who whant to join. However, no space for Andrew, Merrick and all the other males.:ROFLMAO:

Aug 30, 2019
anyone know how to find and play episode 1? the game say i have to play ep 1 before playng ep 2, but the game dont find ep 1 in my computer, i search on f95 and in game folder and i dont find nothing , any help?

Topper420

Nov 4, 2019
anyone know how to find and play episode 1? the game say i have to play ep 1 before playng ep 2, but the game dont find ep 1 in my computer, i search on f95 and in game folder and i dont find nothing , any help?
Ep1 is a separate download. Click on the spoiler tag in the OP on page 1.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Oh my fucking Goddess!! Finally, after so many updates our redhead vampire mommy is back!!. One of the best updates ever!

Only question is that in my playthrough the new power took charisma only to 15 instead of 25 as the other two. The same happened to you?
Strictly speaking, the new power didn't affect the Charisma score at all. The +2 bump to Charisma came from nudging Miri to accept their DIA credentials. There is no further bump when the Whispers power activates.

Reactions: Nulldev and Ayhsel

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
i dont get it what devs try to tell with this low humanity vampires... every second or third vampire " oh be careful they lost their humanity " and Astrid fall in torpor and to be awaken next day with only one bottle of blood... and humanity is key feature for torpor and length of sleep so humanity = 10 length of sleep is 1 day... and for humanity = 0 sleep need to be one millennium... lmao

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Haast

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
i dont get it what devs try to tell with this low humanity vampires... every second or third vampire " oh be careful they lost their humanity " and Astrid fall in torpor and to be awaken next day with only one bottle of blood... and humanity is key feature for torpor and length of sleep so humanity = 10 length of sleep is 1 day... and for humanity = 0 sleep need to be one millennium... lmao
Its to do with how much control they have over themselves, the Vampirism unleashes an individuals inner asshole, and the less control the more that asshole gets out and the more damage they do to others and themselves, at low humanity they have little to no control, good chance they accidentally walk out into the sun "Because it looked exciting".

You can have full Humanity and sleep in torpor for thousands of years, it doesnt stop you, and you dont regain humanity by drinking blood, often its the opposite, because you can frenzy if your humanity gets too low. blood just gives you energy to do things.

0 blood = frenzy and probably torpor or even final death.

-KC-

got land?
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2019
I have warned this thread twice about discussing other games/books/movies in this thread. This thread is for discussing the game Rebirth by Likes Blondes. Talking about all this other stuff just confuses users that have no idea what you are talking about and why that stuff isn't happening in their playthrough. If you can't take my suggestion to start a thread in the general forum and talk about similarities to your heart's content and insist on doing it here I will initiate progressing threadbans...

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes