4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Since the last update was 3 days ago I'd reckon a date aint set yet for the next one
I am pretty sure Raptus Puellae was being sarcastic.

you've heard the boss... no more theory craftijg.

Update when?
Very annoying to be honest. Worst thing is that this thread is by far one of the more civilized and friendly, probably because we are all theory crafting here. It makes for nice conversation with nice people...

waiwode

Dec 10, 2019
How many supernatural powers have we seen displayed? (No reference to other games here). I'll leave off the standard vampiric things like drinking blood or entering a death-like trance.

Sharon has powers of suggestion.

Merrick and his group can turn invisible.

MC has (may have) claws, at least limited invisibility, and Secret Whisper, which seems to be a much more subtle form of suggestion.

Have we seen any other supernatural powers on display?

Speaking with the dead (unless that really is just smoke and mirrors).

Dreaming (the ability to send dreams) seems to be a power for the dark bloody woman, and MC has the ability to have them (unless those too were sent).

Erdan88

Jun 11, 2020
Have we seen any other supernatural powers on display?
When Sharon was in danger in the woods MC ran to her very fast, more than Merrick (which came later with Andrew if i don't remember wrong). So i guess he can also use a "dicipline" of speed (which has a specific name in other games..).

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
you've heard the boss... no more theory craftijg.
Boss need to know that rebirth is made on V5 World of Darkness like Devs said... so theory craftning is same for rebirth and WoD :p
if we talking about powers and WoD world it's the same also in Rebirth :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayhsel

waiwode

Dec 10, 2019
When Sharon was in danger in the woods MC ran to her very fast, more than Merrick (which came later with Andrew if i don't remember wrong). So i guess he can also use a "dicipline" of speed (which has a specific name in other games..).
I wonder if you get there as fast without prowess of 25 or so?

I don't want to play through the whole game to find out, but I'm curious how that scene plays out with prowess 7.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Boss need to know that rebirth is made on V5 World of Darkness like Devs said... so theory craftning is same for rebirth and WoD :p
if we talking about powers and WoD world it's the same also in Rebirth :p
Indeed. Is like telling us "this thread exist to discuss Einstein's general relativity. To talk gravity, start a new thread"

I mean, I understand and I will not talk about Bloodlines again, but VTM is like talking vampires themselves for this game.

I don't want to play through the whole game to find out, but I'm curious how that scene plays out with prowess 7.
Speed is probably less a discipline per se and more vampire regular nature. Sharon also moved super fast and lifted MC when she was trying to convince him he was a vampire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erdan88

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Speed is probably less a discipline per se and more vampire regular nature. Sharon also moved super fast and lifted MC when she was trying to convince him he was a vampire.
Yes because when you take the prowess route. When you are with Sharon in the morgue he uses his speed to knock the dude out

Erdan88

Jun 11, 2020
Yes because when you take the prowess route. When you are with Sharon in the morgue he uses his speed to knock the dude out
I always take the charisma route so i never seen that scene! So the in forest wasn't the first time he used his speed.. Intersting!

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
There are multiple approaches to that scene, and prowess 25 isn't dependent on using speed there.
I don't understand what you are saying? In stealth you just sneak around and wait for the mortician to leave. and in Charisma you talk to mortician about a car crash and looking for MC's aunt. With prowess route you knock the the mortician out with speed the scene itself shows you using your speed to close the gap to the mortician

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
Gotta say with the amount of love and comments from all.. hopefully creator heeds more focus on this than other games <3

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020

I don't understand what you are saying? In stealth you just sneak around and wait for the mortician to leave. and in Charisma you talk to mortician about a car crash and looking for MC's aunt. With prowess route you knock the the mortician out with speed the scene itself shows you using your speed to close the gap to the mortician
speed is more of a natural atribute for a vampire, they are faster than humans, like the archon when he closed in on Sharon. there are powers that would let MC even "teleport" to a target, but on the provess path, it wasn't about speed, it was about solving the situation with combat. As of the situation in the woods, MC cares about Sharon more than Merric so of course he would run faster to get to her.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Gotta say with the amount of love and comments from all.. hopefully creator heeds more focus on this than other games <3
I don't think Likesblondes has other games (currently in development). Ptolemy does, with Alexandra his main game, Intimate Relations his second hand game and at least another join project with Haley's story.

I doubt that either of them read this thread.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, I followed Likeblondes previous game, Life with Mary, and his updates were always short and monhtly.
I think Rebirth updates are a bit bigger but not much, Ptolomy does the writing and LB the rest.

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
Ok don't call me an idiot but I can't remember. When did the MC use or show claws? I need to do a new play through. Its been awhile.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes